It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Bigotry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'll leave the conservatives to lick the wounds of their collective ego.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

yes not a whiners game.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Is it a large portion of Liberals like you are suggesting, or just a small minority like Kali is suggesting? I'd wager the later over the former.

So now it's a numbers game?

Of COURSE it's a numbers game. You can't make bold claims about most liberals if only a small minority is pushing those ideas. That is intellectually dishonest and a strawman.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Well, it is. To see ONE person give an opinion, and then color an entire political spectrum with that opinion, is the VERY same thing as saying, "Christians are hateful bigots" or "Cops are racist pigs".

Of course there are Christians who are hateful bigots, and cops who are racist pigs, but to color them all for the actions of a few is definitely a numbers thing.

Liberals are not saints.

Liberals are just as hypocritical, lying, manipulative as conservatives.

Liberals are just as bigoted, biased, prejudiced as the worst of the conservatives.

Everybody poops.

And no-one is smelling like roses.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Is it a large portion of Liberals like you are suggesting, or just a small minority like Kali is suggesting? I'd wager the later over the former.

Of COURSE it's a numbers game. You can't make bold claims about most liberals if only a small minority is pushing those ideas. That is intellectually dishonest and a strawman.

Can you point out where I said "most"?

I'll wait.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

And when have I ever supported those claims?

I didn't say you had. Don't change the subject.

There's NO difference between liberals and conservatives. Whoever has an opinion is going to have disagreement. Opinions are going to be called "stupid" and "ignorant".

By the way, the first amendment doesn't have ANYTHING to do with tax-exempt status.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I don't mean to come on like Pollyanna this morning, but we all pretty much suck. I'm no better than anyone else - I have actually heard myself yelling at the television; at Cruz or Huckabee, or Rick Santorum, or whatever his name is.

I guess our two parties will wind up ripping the country apart. Permanently gridlocked. I don't know what the solution is.

My biggest beef with the Republican party is giving the impression that they don't care about humanity. The proclivity to dismiss the rudimentary needs of simple human beings; placing high values on objectives which at the end of the day, don't really matter. Supporting and fighting for demoralizing causes, somehow just to feel triumphant.

"All, all! of a piece throughout, thy chase had a beast in view".

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

And when have I ever supported those claims?

I didn't say you had. Don't change the subject.

There's NO difference between liberals and conservatives. Whoever has an opinion is going to have disagreement. Opinions are going to be called "stupid" and "ignorant".

By the way, the first amendment doesn't have ANYTHING to do with tax-exempt status.

Interesting aspect for a debate, I'd disagree, of course.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Liberals are not saints.

You can't debate with me without changing the subject. I didn't say liberals were saints. I said there's no difference between liberals and conservatives, as the OP seems to think.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Can you point out where I said "most"?

I'll wait.

You didn't say most, but you certainly aren't in a rush to agree with us that it is a minority of posters with this opinion.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

We are not saints but we are not conservatives..

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Liberals are not saints.

You can't debate with me without changing the subject. I didn't say liberals were saints. I said there's no difference between liberals and conservatives, as the OP seems to think.

I took the OP to claim that liberals were bigots.

And I'd have to agree with the OP.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I've seen one person call for legal action.
Liberal is not applicable to all of us left of Conservative.
Much less than ten? Don't think so.

Now kindly show us examples of the evil liberals filing legislation or calling for their legislators to: force religious clergy to marry gay couples, prosecute hate speech, ban any flag etc...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Maybe it's time to vote for Disaster Aid because between the Conservatives and the Liberal created Chaos induced Mess you call America, That's the only real choice which will remain to the People, or as i would put it, the actual 'rulers' of this fairy tale Democracy.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Is this what your are refering to.....?

Yes, I said churches should lose tax exempt status for politiking from the pulpit and using church funds for supporting political candidates. That's not denying free speech....

That applies to liberal churches as well because if there is a REAL separation of church and state...there are consequences; not just from the governmental side but religions as well.

Religions do have lobbyist....I don't want a theocracy or a state religion!!! Liberal or conservative!!!

edit on 29-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Well, it is. To see ONE person give an opinion, and then color an entire political spectrum with that opinion, is the VERY same thing as saying, "Christians are hateful bigots" or "Cops are racist pigs".

Of course there are Christians who are hateful bigots, and cops who are racist pigs, but to color them all for the actions of a few is definitely a numbers thing.

Liberals are not saints.

Liberals are just as hypocritical, lying, manipulative as conservatives.

Liberals are just as bigoted, biased, prejudiced as the worst of the conservatives.

Everybody poops.

And no-one is smelling like roses.

You only have to look at our current Administration to see that .

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
"Legalizing opinions" - that is one of the charges against "liberals." I will address that first in the form of noting conservative efforts to legalize their own opinions. 1) Defining marriage as between a man and a woman in state constitutions and attempting to pass this as an amendment to the US Constitution, 2) laws that limit the rights of individuals to vote under the pretext of "eliminating in-person voter fraud" which, time and again, has been shown to be nearly nonexistent to the point of being ludicrous, 3) circumventing roe v wade by making abortion nearly impossible to get in states that have a disagreement with that law. There are other examples. I am not going to debate the arguments for why these are being made into laws. I'm merely pointing out those laws that generally conservatives make to legally enforce their own opinions with disregard of others rights and opinions.

The entire game of politics is to get your side's opinions and people in office so your opinions can reign supreme, no? Please explain how it is not this way? We all moan whenever the "other side" has a win we disagree with, whether its in economics, social issues, health care and social programs, etc. Countless pundits make bunches of money screaming at each other and polarizing issues beyond repair or compromise so we can all choose sides in the game. Yay us.

Secondly, it is a very bigoted thing to accuse all "liberals" or all "conservatives" of being anything. We do it as a "short hand" (like I did in my statement above ^^^) but it isn't really accurate.

Some liberals are off-the-charts crazy and hard-core to the point that you can't talk to them about anything, and so are some conservatives. Meh. Whatever. Some people have a mix of various points of view that reflect their personal experiences. Not everyone is a robot spewing out talking points.

AB

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I took the OP to claim that liberals were bigots.

And I'd have to agree with the OP.

So, it's that simple. All liberals are bigots. Beezer that is an acidic comment and a veritable atrocity of prejudice and misinformation. I would not say that about conservatives, because it would be a lie, the same as it is about liberals. What do you even think the word "liberal" means anymore? I don't think it's as laissez faire as you might think, and certainly not as insidious.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Like I said, everyone I'VE seen talking about this has EXPLICITLY said they don't mind if a church denies them from marrying gay people based on religious beliefs.

That is my view on the matter as well, although I didn't know it was a popular one. It seems as if people are more moderate than we think, and that it is only a small amount of them that are heavily leaning to the right or left.
edit on 29amMon, 29 Jun 2015 10:01:59 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Why wouldn't it be? Democrats actually DO know what the Constitution says and implies. They understand that religion takes place in the church and that forcing a church to marry a gay couple is unconstitutional. Only the true idiots (which are a minority) don't know these things.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join