It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Bigotry

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

A lot of Liberal bigots in this thread. I've been saying this exact thing for years. Liberals are absolutely as bigoted as conservatives, and no less open minded.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
So ... is everyone a bigot? Liberals, conservatives, moderates?

If we're all "bigots" what does that say about us?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

We're human.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

We're human.

Kind of makes this thread (and others like it) irrelevant, huh?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

We're human.

Kind of makes this thread (and others like it) irrelevant, huh?

Yeah.

The real funny thing? We'll do it all over again next week, or tomorrow, or next month. Because we are flawed, faulty creatures.

But we do have redeeming qualities. So I haven't written off the species just yet.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

The really sad thing?

I think most of us probably basically agree on about 80% of life's issues

It's the 10% on either end that is used to keep us ... distracted?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

The really sad thing?

We enter into topics and let our words define ourselves.

To many (most?) I'm about the most conservative person alive. I probably make Dick Cheney look like Bill Mahr.

But in real life? I'm an easy-going middle-of-the-road guy.

You probably are as well.

My family thinks I'm a bleeding-heart liberal.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

And you know what? I'd rather go back and forth on ATS than say...Facebook. The caliber of people on here continues to amaze me. We go back and forth, but at least we challenge and push ourselves to question what we believe.

If I hop on Facebook and read comments on news stories, I know 90% of those folks would be eaten ALIVE here on ATS. We're a hardy breed here -- all of us on either "side" of any issues we quibble on about.

At least we can take heart in that!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I wonder how many understand that regardless of the issue or the side taken, we (as individuals) learn so much just by debating any given topic.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

a reply to: MystikMushroom

I wonder how many understand that regardless of the issue or the side taken, we (as individuals) learn so much just by debating any given topic.

That true!! Time well spent here on the boards!!

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

The really sad thing?

Divided.

Because unity is strength. When we can get together, discuss, and make forward momentum...then we are dangerous. THat is the strength of numbers that makes anyone in power shake in their boots.

But The People, for the most part, are far too divided to even recognize this.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I'm late to the party here, but thanks for the thread Darkbake.

It's especially refreshing hearing it come from a liberal.

edit on 30-6-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
"You can't fire someone for being gay."

That's really my problem with the whole thing.
If a guy rents a building, pulls the permits, stocks the shelves, pays the insurance, pays the taxes, pays for advertising and pays the salaries, he should be allowed run his business however he feels comfortable. Using the law to force him to work with someone he isn't comfortable with isn't cool.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrisss
"You can't fire someone for being gay."

That's really my problem with the whole thing.
If a guy rents a building, pulls the permits, stocks the shelves, pays the insurance, pays the taxes, pays for advertising and pays the salaries, he should be allowed run his business however he feels comfortable. Using the law to force him to work with someone he isn't comfortable with isn't cool.

Is the same okay regarding race in your opinion?
How about women?
Mothers?
Or even those with disabilities?

Someone's sexual identity has nothing to do with you as an employer, you should have no right to discriminate against anyone simply because your ignorances and delusions about how you are "superior" to others makes you "uncomfortable".

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It's actually a FREER country now with this SCOTUS ruling. It's funny how the conservatives who are for oppressing a minority group with their legislation are afraid that a SCOTUS ruling is going to result in THEM being oppressed.

When have I ever stated that I had a problem with this ruling?

I just don't wish to see religious freedoms lost as a result.

And what precedent was ever set that would make you think THAT would happen? It didn't happen after Loving v. Virginia, why would you think it would happen now?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It's actually a FREER country now with this SCOTUS ruling. It's funny how the conservatives who are for oppressing a minority group with their legislation are afraid that a SCOTUS ruling is going to result in THEM being oppressed.

And if that happens, it will be because the 1st Amendment is trash, and you should fear that as much as we do.

But there is no foundation for these fears outside of Conservative media doom rhetoric.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Personally...I can't stand most liberals/progressives. But not for the reason you may think. My wife tells me I'm more of a Libertarian based upon my real views, and she is probably correct. So while some of you may think gay marriage, gun rights, the confederate flag, Obamacare, etc. actually means a lot to me...you are wrong. I typically argue the logic. Sure...you may not agree with my logic, but it is at least logical

So...why don't I like liberals if not because of their opinions? I dislike most liberals for the manner in which they try to make their opinions reality. Example: Harry Reid. He lied and admitted he lied when he said that Mitt Romney didn't pay taxes and when confronted said something on the lines of "well...it worked didn't it?". I hate that liberals don't care how they get there...lie, cheat, steal, etc...as long as they get there. "The end justifies the means" is, in my opinion the worst way to achieve a goal. When you sacrifice your morals, values, truthfulness, etc. to steer the debate...you may win...but you become a person without morals and a person that isn't trustworthy. I'm not saying every liberal...but a huge percentage.

Climate change...anything to get their way. Gay marriage...anything to get their way. While the opinion may be completely valid and the arguments may be completely right, manipulating the decision through lies destroys a person's value. Add to that the fact in many cases that these are also opinions that lead toward the greater goal of federal government control of what people are allowed to do, and for me...your fate is sealed.

America isn't or at least should not be about the government or the rule over the people...it is about the people. Every legal citizen of these United States. The liberal agenda doesn't care about the people but the ruling party and going to any extent to be that party...by any means...in any manner. You can even hear it in this thread calling "idiot", "moron" and "stupid". You may pretend to use those words to describe your opinion of another person's statements, but the reality is you are trying to skew other people's opinions of other people's statements. Do you know this phrase "If you call a person an ass often enough...people will begin to believe it"? Again...do anything to achieve the goal.

Again...not everyone and maybe only a small number in this thread. But that is my opinion of liberals based upon my experience with them. That includes friends (yes...I'm still friends with some liberals), family and co-workers. I respect everyone for their own beliefs and I don't judge anyone in particular by who or what they are...I judge them personally by their actions. The vast majority of the liberals in our government match those described in my post. Do whatever is required to achieve the goal. Lying, cheating, stealing and sometimes even crime and cover-ups. That is no way to live a life and definitely no way to run a government.

You don't have to like my opinion which is based upon experience and you don't have to agree with me. This isn't to change anyone else's opinion. This is to state why I don't personally like the left and maybe explain to you why there are many others like me.

PS: And this happens to make me part of the problem. I tend to vote Republican even though I'm not 100% right-leaning. Why? Because while many of the left vote for the hard-left, I can't vote for the moderate. Example...if you guys throw white paint everywhere and I want the place gray...I have to throw black paint to counter your white and make gray. Throwing gray doesn't help.

So have at it...tear me up...I know you will. But I speak the truth even when it is about my views and opinions.

edit on 6/30/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/30/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: Added PS and final statement

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

You are using the word "you" like I am a Republican or a Democrat too. I am a registered Libertarian and let my political opinions flip-flop with the issues. So stop assuming things about me pal. I'm glad you are an independent, but get your smug attitude out of my face.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I just don't wish to see religious freedoms lost as a result.

Religious freedom is a protected right.
The problem is that some seem to think it's "religious freedom" to discriminate and abuse others, force their religious views onto the society around them, and generally inflict their draconian attitudes onto others in any way they can.

The entire same sex marriage debate is a great example of this, because while the Conservative Christian is fighting against that basic equality, they claim marriage somehow belongs to them (it doesn't), and that their specific view of marriage is the one and only "traditional" one (it isn't), and that somehow they have a stake in the decision to allow others to marry (they don't).

Libertarians cannot possibly argue against same sex marriage, that's an oxymoron. A person cannot claim to be a Libertarian while working against the rights of other free people, when those rights have absolutely no impact on their own lives. They are not in the slightest affected by same sex marriage, so any true Libertarian would have to agree that allowing all the same rights is the correct thing.

If they do campaign against it, they are not Libertarians at all, they're fundamentalists wanting to maintain a Christian hegemony over society, regardless of the fact that it doesn't affect their rights and freedoms at all.

The time to campaign against the "erosion of religious freedom" is when that religious freedom is actually being threatened. It's not being threatened at all in America, and anyone claiming it is has been listening to far too much right-wing paranoia radio.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You make all these claims about liberals abandoning morals, lying, cheating, stealing, and all sorts of nastiness but neglect the fact that most political conservatives have done the same thing.

Then you give some shaky reasoning as to why you vote Republican. You sound just like a Republican cheerleader.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join