It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Bigotry

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: beezzer

Well even if they exist, they aren't indicative of the entire liberal population's views on this website. Heck I'd say they aren't indicative of even 5% of the liberal population's views on this website. Most supporters of the recent gay marriage ruling have ALL said that they are fine with a church denying a gay couple from getting married.

So here's an idea. How about going and finding a few of those posts and reread them to see if it was really a liberal saying it or a conservative building a strawman about liberals?

Notice how you hold conservatives to a standard that when applied to you, is suddenly out of bounds?

What does this have to do with what I just posted? Point out where I've made a strawman about conservatives. Everything I said is 100% true. Conservatives ARE the ones whining about the ruling, saying their 1st Amendment rights are being infringed. Liberals AREN'T trying to take away ANYONE'S 1st Amendment right. So really, how about explaining yourself better?

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
They go a step further than disagreeing with people with other opinions, and basically try to make those opinions illegal. It should be okay to be against abortion, to be against gay marriage, to like the confederate flag, to be in denial of climate change - these are all opinions that people should be allowed to have.

Wait... Liberals try to make it illegal to be against abortion?
Liberals try to make it illegal to be against gay marriage?
Liberals try to make it illegal to like the confederate flag?
Liberals try to make it illegal to be a climate change denier?

You're going to have to show me some proof of this statement. I have never seen anyone try to make an opinion illegal.

I don't think that a flag with a diverse history behind it should be banned.

Banned from existence? Banned in the US? Who is saying it should be banned? Companies have the right not to sell it. People have a right to have a bad OPINION of it. I don't think it should fly on government buildings (my opinion). And South Carolina has the right to fly it or not, however they see fit.

I notice the bigotry the left has these days, and it pisses me off.

Well, clue us in. Show us where liberals are trying to make OPINIONS illegal.

. But I'm not going to ban their view on the issue or defriend them on Facebook, or fire them from a job.

I THINK every Facebook member has the right to choose who they "friend" or "defriend". And companies have the right to fire someone for many reasons... Acting like an ass on Facebook might just be reason enough for them to fire someone. Just because YOU wouldn't do it, doesn't mean there's something wrong with someone who does...

This all goes for liberal or conservative views.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The rebel flag shouldn't be banned, but it shouldn't be flying in front of state capitols either.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

And the replies to such posts?

Oh, I'll give you and a few others credit for actually standing up for Constitutional rights.

I've starred your posts.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It's not just that we have opinions. It's that they're "ignorant" and "stupid"

So, are you suggesting that you never think some liberal ideas are "ignorant" and "stupid"??? And what's wrong with having the OPINION that some ideas are ignorant or stupid? It's just an OPINION.

and therefore it gives the rest of society the right to openly punish us for having them and you think that's right.

My opinions don't give society any rights. Society has ALWAYS had the right to openly bash other people AND their opinions. That's free speech!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

This would basically mean someone posting to Facebook something that offended their employer.

Employers have ALWAYS had that right. Say to your employer, "Your wife is HOT! I'd like to tap that!" And he can fire you on the spot. Of COURSE people get fired if they say or do something that offends their employer. What does this have to do with liberals?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You can't fire someone for being gay,

Oh, yes, you can!!!

Thirty states do not offer employment discrimination protections for LGBT individuals. Three states offer protections for sexual orientation but not gender identity.

In every state, losing a job because of gender, ethnicity or religion is illegal, yet it is still legal in many states to lose a job because of sexual identity or gender orientation.
Due to last year's U.S. Supreme Court ruling on Burwell v. Hobby Lobby, businesses now have the same religious-freedom rights that people have.

Source

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

So you have 1 person of a certain leanings calling for legal action and 10 people of the same leaning saying "whoa back up!" but that 1 person represents all of that leaning and the 10 don't?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

So you have 1 person of a certain leanings calling for legal action and 10 people of the same leaning saying "whoa back up!" but that 1 person represents all of that leaning and the 10 don't?

First off, it's more than one, and second, it's much less than 10.

But it does exist.

And the term is "liberal", and yes, a small segment is trying to condemn, restrict 1st Amendment rights of others.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I'd really like to see some posts and evidence showing this is as widespread as you are claiming. If you don't want to name names in the thread, how about sending them as a U2U?

Like I said, everyone I'VE seen talking about this has EXPLICITLY said they don't mind if a church denies them from marrying gay people based on religious beliefs.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Yeah, it's a crying assed shame those liberals are so intolerant as to stand up against people who would use their own personal religious beliefs to dictate the rights of other free individuals.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, preferences and/or religious beliefs. What they're not entitled to do is to restrict the rights of others based on those beliefs or preferences.

Being "tolerant" doesn't mean that they stand by and allow you to dictate their lifestyles based on your prejudices.

So long as your opinions, preferences and beliefs are utilized for self regulation, everything is fine. There is no victim other than yourself.

When you deny equal rights to others based on your personal beliefs, you have victimized another individual and a crime has been committed.

I could care less what you choose to believe, who you choose to live with, or which if any religious dogma you choose to live your life by. It's your life!

Why you can't extend the same courtesy to others you happen to disagree with is beyond understanding.

Critisize us or disagree with us all you want, just quit trying to limit our rights to your beliefs.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I can literally just replace the word Liberal with Conservative and make the same argument.

And I'd be wrong, regardless of which side I chose to portray as the bad guy.

Had Liberals not gotten their way in this ruling, it would just be the opposite. Conservatives gloating and the left whining.

The only question that I might ask anybody who is complaining right now is the following:

Would you like some cheese, for your whine?!

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You could also ask Kali.

I've actually seen her defend Constitutional rights against some of your fellow progressive liberals.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Is it a large portion of Liberals like you are suggesting, or just a small minority like Kali is suggesting? I'd wager the later over the former.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

You could also ask Kali.

I've actually seen her defend Constitutional rights against some of your fellow progressive liberals.

Neither Conservatives, nor Liberals have any respect for the constitution IMO.

None.

If they did, then the Patriot Act, Citizens United, ACA and a list as long as my body, would never, ever have been passed.

It's just a buzzword now for election time and soundbites.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

When I see posters on this site stating that churches should be denied their 1st Amendment rights because their religion states that gay couples should not wed, then I have to agree with you.

How about when you see posters on this site stating that gay people should be denied their 14th amendment rights because they are gay?

You're CLEARLY only seeing one side of this issue.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Is it a large portion of Liberals like you are suggesting, or just a small minority like Kali is suggesting? I'd wager the later over the former.

So now it's a numbers game?

link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

When I see posters on this site stating that churches should be denied their 1st Amendment rights because their religion states that gay couples should not wed, then I have to agree with you.

How about when you see posters on this site stating that gay people should be denied their 14th amendment rights because they are gay?

You're CLEARLY only seeing one side of this issue.

And when have I ever supported those claims?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

You could also ask Kali.

Neither Conservatives, nor Liberals have any respect for the constitution IMO.

None.

If they did, then the Patriot Act, Citizens United, ACA and a list as long as my body, would never, ever have been passed.

It's just a buzzword now for election time and soundbites.

~Tenth

Truth.

We're screwed regardless.

Just look at the non-news TPP has gotten.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Well, it is. To see ONE person give an opinion, and then color an entire political spectrum with that opinion, is the VERY same thing as saying, "Christians are hateful bigots" or "Cops are racist pigs".

Of course there are Christians who are hateful bigots, and cops who are racist pigs, but to color them all for the actions of a few is definitely a numbers thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join