It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Bigotry

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Asking questions is not allowed here? Asking questions justifies your suggesting that I approve of human sacrifice?

Wow. Okay.

I've been very clear. I am interested in the parameters of religious freedom as that seems to be, in this conversation, the recurring focal point for many of you ... the statement is made time and time again, in different ways, that "liberal bigotry" is somehow (somewhere, sometime) AGAINST religious freedom. As I said, most every comment about "liberal bigotry" is BS, so I thought I'd focus on the religious freedom aspect, since that seems to be the real rhubarb here.

Is that okay with you?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

See the question above.

So, no answer then. Fair enough.

EDIT: Ah you edited your answer.

What does it matter to me what someone does religiously? Very little in actuality, as long as it doesn't affect me or mine in anyway.

It would bother me immensely if my neighbor sacrificed a puppy, in fact, I would do everything I could to stop it, religious freedom be damned.

I know of no pet store that delivers pets. I would not allow a puppy under my care (even retail) to be used in that way, but I would not hide behind religious mummery. Religious belief has nothing to do with it, it is common human decency.

I am appalled that you apparently see no difference between killing a puppy and baking a cake or taking photographs (yes, I got your not so subtle allusion.)

That's simply atrocious.
edit on 19Mon, 29 Jun 2015 19:07:08 -050015p072015666 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

See the question above.

Oh, it was an answer. I thought it was fairly plain.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Give me a break, do you know what projection is? Like most republicans, you have it completely backwards. Is it liberals who claim all Muslims are murdering terrorists? Is it liberals who want legislation to govern who somebody has sex with? Was it liberals who blocked every single thing this president has tried to accomplish by invoking the filibuster in the Senate. Before you lie about it, go back over these threads on ats and look. I guarantee you almost every time you find intolerance, hatred you will see they are conservatives.

What? The libs don't play bully block? Yea they are all free love, not uptight.....hell "we can read the bill later sort of chill.

But really the libs are more tolerant of the racist that have been exposed in their ranks over the years, Ted Kennedy womanizing, Ex Weatherman terrorists ect and ect.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

See the question above.

Yeah, you edited. I edited and answered your "queries." You still haven't answered the question, but I'm really okay with not hearing anything else from someone who thinks killing a puppy is equivalent to baking a cake, honestly.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

See the question above.

So how do you divide which animals are fair game for food slaughter and which are not to be touched as pets? Some people eat dogs. Obama ate them. Do you condemn him?

Also, I thought you were a moral relativist. Aren't we enjoined by your orthodoxy not to judge other beliefs of other cultures and religions?
edit on 29-6-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

See the question above.

Yeah, you edited. I edited and answered your "queries." You still haven't answered the question, but I'm really okay with not hearing anything else from someone who thinks killing a puppy is equivalent to baking a cake, honestly.

And here I thought you threw that example out as a ridiculous example of hyperbole in order to attempt to shock me into giving you an expected answer so that you could jump on me and say, "So you are all about religious freedoms so long as it's only religious freedoms YOU agree with ..."

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

They are not really against religious freedom. Well not totally. They do get a kick out of watching a Mosque being built across the street from a Synagogue however. And they don't like Baptist much. They don't like it about half the time the Pope runs his face.

But hay they love the heck out of several denominations of Christianity that float their way.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Your example of "a Wiccan's right of religious freedom by dancing nude under the moon" can be interpreted as a valid 1st Amendment right, or it can be a violation of laws in some States.

The State law would need to be challenged in court for the answer.

Killing a human in a religious sacrifice is also an extreme question of the 1st vs laws against killing Humans.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: network dude

So that makes you, Darkbake, Beezzer, Ketsuko, MBTM, NavyDoc and a few others... what? The League of Oppressed Conservatives?

TLOC?

I hate to be a pain, but could you do any better than that? It's just not...."bad ass" enough. I have a street rep to uphold.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Pretty much, that means you live your faith. It doesn't just stay in the neat little religion preserves called churches, mosques, and temples (sorry if I left out some terms).

But I can see where this is going. You probably think you are going to catch us with the "Jesus said to love one another" thing or something.

It seems to have worked well enough for the church of cannabis in Indiana. Oh, and the Satanists are also getting quite a bit of traction out of it.

I think a simple way of understanding this is that one's right to practice their religion extends right up until the point where doing so infringes on another's rights.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Kali74

So that makes you, Darkbake, Beezzer, Ketsuko, MBTM, NavyDoc and a few others... what? The League of Oppressed Conservatives?

TLOC?

I hate to be a pain, but could you do any better than that? It's just not...."bad ass" enough. I have a street rep to uphold.

Hey, if we can be as awesome as the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (book version) or the Justice League or the Avengers or the X-Men, who cares what they call us?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I like "the league Of Annoying Gentlemen".

But we need a hot babe in the group.

ketsuko?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I like "the league Of Annoying Gentlemen".

But we need a hot babe in the group.

ketsuko?

My hot years are long behind me. How about simply the middle-aged one who legitimately wears mom jeans?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

As long as you don't mind being in a group of fat old men.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

As long as you don't mind being in a group of fat old men.

Nope. I'm married to one.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: Rocker2013

Employers can also fire people who don't agree with their conservative political viewpoints. I've seen it happen. Do you agree with this?

Evade and deflect - typical.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

You do you.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Thats why I don't claim a party or affiliation. I think for myself and let the rest of this two party BS play out. I let all of you label each other and spew names and generalize each other and find not compromise to anything. This is why our society is so messed up. Two parties for the greatest biggest democracy in the world, what a joke.

I'm conservative, I'm liberal.... WHO CARES you both think you're incapable of being wrong and both are incapable of compromise and of seeing the others side.

Its said really and its only getting worse because be purposefully put each other in small boxes and label each other

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Having no religious structures, my food choices are fairly typical for my culture ... I generally don't eat animals that are kept as pets. That's just my personal choice and irrelevant to the discussion. If you'd like additional info my diet feel free to pm.

////////////////

Now, does any one else have comments on whether there are any reasonable limits on religious freedom?

So far we have:

No human sacrifice
No imposing on the "rights" of others. (No clarification yet on which rights)

Any others? As this is apparently the focus of "liberal bigotry" ...

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join