It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Bigotry

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think the pressure was more from the American Heart Association and various medical groups, to be honest.

I mean, i cook in bacon all the time. But animal fats served with carbs is a recipe for a heart attack.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Why is Christianity the only religion to ever be brought up in these conversations? You realize that most other religions have the same views on abortion, gay marriage etc. Yet some enforce their views alot harsher than Christians do.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: booggyman111
Why is Christianity the only religion to ever be brought up in these conversations? You realize that most other religions have the same views on abortion, gay marriage etc. Yet some enforce their views alot harsher than Christians do.

Because Christianity is the dominant religion in the US. They can say that if ... say ... Islam were the dominant religion, they'd be after it, but they really wouldn't be because they'd either be cowed or chucked off a building somewhere.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Indeed much of what passes for 'conservative' stances are mired in stupidity and ignorance. It's those reasons that generate disdain on this side of the 'middle ground'.

It may be difficult to fathom how we could hold such little liking for much of what you hold dear. So I'll give you an idea how valueless almost all of the right wing rhetoric is.

The Pope, the regent of a religion that attempts to defy time's erosion, has declared you and others of your ilk, anathema. Why be so harsh to fellow CHRISTIANS, you might ask? Because he does not see the reflections of the values of Christ in you.

Almost any scientist of note, AND I REALLY MEAN ALL OF THEM, think the views of expressed by your branch of lunacy, are not only false but will cause lasting harm to the globe we inhabit.

Nearly every economist of note, who is not a whore to the corpserists and banksters, thinks the expounding of youor peculiar economic policy is a fantasy composed from NOTHING provable.

You love war, over 94% of our history WE HAVE BEEN AT WAR, and we want it done.

You hate anyone who is weak, physically or mentally, the poor, students, children, LBGTs and folks who have done time.

You dislike considering yourself as part of the entire community and want special privileges to exempt yourselves from whatever you don't like.

You have a form of insanity when it comes to guns.

You also vote against your own self-interests as you defend unlimited greed as if that was a GOOD THING.

You speak of religious freedom and turn your churches into political bulwarks.

I am sure there are more items that can be sallied forth but what the heck, education, prejudice, excessive demands from the middle class and the working poor, rewriting history, the sexual corruption of officials you elect, the inability to get a single thing done with whom you elected...............Holy CRAP!! There is no end for why we disrespect your stances which are based on opinions, feelings and beliefs.
It's never facts, just factoids that inform your every firm commitment.
It has been proven through every study that Republicans have good senses of humor and are dumb and willfully ignorant.

So laugh clowns, laugh.
I just can't laugh for you, just at you.

The best part of your sector is it is shrinking, dissipating in the heat of knowledge and logic.
Eventually you will be archaic and then extinct. It will be about time.....say next week.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: largo

What's a corpserist? Is it part of the zombie apocalypse? I think you missed that part of the discussion several pages back.

PS, This thread is about Liberal Bigotry. I think you ought to look up the definition. You are another sterling example.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I am not "for" any religious entity (church/mosque/temple/synagogue/tabernacle/grove/grotto/etc) being tax exempt, but, no, I'm not advocating for changing our system as it stands.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

I don't want to "target" anyone. Beezz asked if I was "for removing tax free status" and my answer is two-fold, I am not FOR Tax Free Status for Religious Entities, but I am not advocating changes to our system.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

States Rights....

So, are you arguing that "States Rights" allow for limits on religious freedom???

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

ALL Liberals are Bigots ..........Most SANE Americans find that TRUTH to Be Self Evident.

link   

This thread is fricken hilarious !!

Who needs cable tv when we've got this place ?!

ATS could make a killing off of all the sour grapes floating around here.

We could gather them all up and make thousands of bottles of whine, attach a label and call it:
ATS Sour Grapes Whine™ - with your choice of Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Merlot, or Sauvignon Blanc.

$100 a bottle... and it comes with a complimentary cookie too !

link   

Do you agree with McDonald's decision? Do you think that is an example of religious freedom being expressed?

Would you be in favor of businesses being forced to conform to individual religious strictures and beliefs?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: xuenchen

States Rights....

So, are you arguing that "States Rights" allow for limits on religious freedom???

I'm not understanding your tangent.

example?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I am not in favor of animal cruelty. I am not in favor of animal sacrifice. I don't believe that animals are purely property, as they have nervous systems, and in some ways, sentience.

I am not in favor of human sacrifice. What in the world? Just a random pot-shot because you're uncomfortable with the questions?

Speaking of "assuming a great deal," comments that regard your opinion of me are irrelevant. You are one of the folks here advocating for "absolute" freedom of religion, and I'm just interested in defining the parameters of that ... not, by the way, just your parameters ... but anyone else who cared to respond.

Skip over the personal projections and comments, please?
edit on 18Mon, 29 Jun 2015 18:35:40 -050015p062015666 by Gryphon66 because: added a space.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

My tangent?

You commented on a conversation I was having with another member about the concept of "public decency" as it applies to the First Amendment freedom of religion. You obliquely commented that it was a matter of "state's rights" and cited the 10th Amendment, as if imposing on a Wiccan's right of religious freedom by dancing nude under the moon, is justifiably limited by "state's rights" ... and I'm the one on a tangent.

It's a straightforward question, directed at you as you wish to be involved in the conversation: does "state's rights" in your opinion allow for a limitation or abridgement of the religious freedoms guaranteed in the First Amendment?

Yes, or no?
edit on 18Mon, 29 Jun 2015 18:38:10 -050015p062015666 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I don't want to "target" anyone. Beezz asked if I was "for removing tax free status" and my answer is two-fold, I am not FOR Tax Free Status for Religious Entities, but I am not advocating changes to our system.

Right. So are you for eliminating tax free stays for ONLY religious organizations?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

One more time.

I am not in favor of making any changes to the tax-exemption laws in this (or any other) country.

It is my opinion that there is no reason for a religious business (corporation) to be tax exempt.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Do you agree with McDonald's decision? Do you think that is an example of religious freedom being expressed?

Would you be in favor of businesses being forced to conform to individual religious strictures and beliefs?

McDonald's could do what it chose although the class action lawsuit likely helped. A lot of people think that's when the quality of their food started to go downhill though. The taste of their fries was never quite the same.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I am not in favor of animal cruelty. I am not in favor of animal sacrifice. I don't believe that animals are purely property, as they have nervous systems, and in some ways, sentience.

I am not in favor of human sacrifice. What in the world? Just a random pot-shot because you're uncomfortable with the questions?

Speaking of "assuming a great deal," comments that regard your opinion of me are irrelevant. You are one of the folks here advocating for "absolute" freedom of religion, and I'm just interested in defining the parameters of that ... not, by the way, just your parameters ... but anyone else who cared to respond.

Skip over the personal projections and comments, please?

More like a random shot because you seem suddenly very interested in just asking all kinds of questions.

What does it matter to you what someone does religiously? Does it bother you if your neighbor sacrifices a puppy by the pale moonlight? No. But it would if your neighbor came into your pet store, bought the puppy and ordered you to deliver it direct to the sacrifice. You might have a very real reason to view that as participating in their sacrifice and object.

Should they have the right to sue you for denying them services?
edit on 29-6-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

McDonald's could do what it chose although the class action lawsuit likely helped. A lot of people think that's when the quality of their food started to go downhill though. The taste of their fries was never quite the same.

abcnews.go.com...

Thanks for the link!

Do you think that is an example of religious freedom being expressed?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

abcnews.go.com...

Thanks for the link!

Do you think that is an example of religious freedom being expressed?

See the question above.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join