It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Bigotry

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: ketsuko

So, you have no issue with Hecateans sacrificing puppies? Bastians mummifying cats? Interesting.

Er, but wait ... "public decency?" Where is that in the Constitution again?

I don't have to like. I only have to tolerate it. So long as the animal is killed cleanly and without suffering, then how is that different than what goes on when we slaughter an animal for food? Were you assuming that just because I tend to view dogs as pets, I can't understand that not everyone sees them that way?

Have you no nuance?

Same as people in India call cows sacred. I don't share that belief, but it's theirs. I respect that.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

So, you have no issue with Hecateans sacrificing puppies? Bastians mummifying cats? Interesting.

Er, but wait ... "public decency?" Where is that in the Constitution again?

There are many laws against indecent exposure.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's just as impossible trying to have a conversation about an opposing viewpoint with someone on the right wings of politics as it is to have the same conversation with someone on the left wings.

TPTB are working very, very hard to keep Americans divided, because they know that income inequality has never, ever been this bad without revolution.

The minute Americans sit down and start TALKING to each other, they'll realize that the 99% shouldn't be split 49/50, they should be united against the 1%.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Oh no, I know that there is literally a "potporri" of beliefs that can be bundled into Christianity.

Dunking, splattering, spritzing for baptism, drink wine don't drink wine with Communion, etc., all kinds of fun fetishes.

Sure, Jesus talked about divorce, and the fact that there are no sexes in heaven ... but still, the whole bible is the word of god, right? So, when other Christians, with other beliefs, (like FDLS), have a heart-felt, biblically based belief in polygamy, you're in favor of that, right?

I just need confirmation that that is your position. Religious FREEdom for all.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Point, are you for forcing churches to allow weddings between 2 gay men?

Are you for removing tax-exempt status of churches in order to force them?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yep, but where is it in the Constitution, you know, the supreme arbiter of law in the US?

David danced naked before the Lord through the streets of Jerusalem. So there's even a Judeo-Christian basis for it.

Surely, we aren't going to let man's puny "decency" laws aborgate the word of god, right?

Right?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I do!! We can't even butcher the chickens we raised for food where I life.
your whole discussion might be a little more complicated that you think!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Why does it matter how the animal is killed? Animals are property (legally) and religiously become the property of the deity.

Please, limit your personal comments. I asked questions and you answered. If you're tired of playing, or can't answer, just say so!

To repeat, I'm not assuming anything, just asking for your position.

The Hindu's position toward cows is a good point! Should businesses be forced to stop serving beef while a devout Hindu is in the store? That would be religiously repellent to them ... right? They shouldn't have to be exposed to that kind of thing, right?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake
We paint the world we live in by our actions and the words we use toward our fellow man. There are times when I want to write a reply to certain people and just say ..............shut up. But I don't. But I'm thinking it. I also have read when people think it is okay to paint others in a broad brush, by calling them bigots, racist, morons and aholes, been happening more and more lately. I always chuckle and think , yeah its pretty easy to name call online. Makes you wonder doesn't it? I like to think we as people are better then this, but hey, that's just me thinking. We are either part of the problem or part of the solution there's no happy medium.

edit on 29-6-2015 by Tarzan the apeman. because: should learn to proof read better

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

How about 2 gay women? (Sorry).

Question 1: No.

Question 2: I am not in favor of tax-exempt status for churches period. It has nothing to do with what marriages they perform. Anything further would belong in another thread, I would think.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

I do!! We can't even butcher the chickens we raised for food where I life.
your whole discussion might be a little more complicated that you think!

How so? How does (what I am assuming is some sort of city or local ordinance) stand in regard to religious freedom?

Is it a point of your religion that you be allowed to butcher chickens?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

How about 2 gay women? (Sorry).

Question 1: No.

Question 2: I am not in favor of tax-exempt status for churches period. It has nothing to do with what marriages they perform. Anything further would belong in another thread, I would think.

How about mosques or temples or synagogs?

So you are for removing the tax exempt status of churches.
edit on 29-6-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I could swing with that--as long as you remove tax exemption from all political and charitable organizations, or is it just churches you want to target?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
no but being able to feed myself, however way I find is one of my basic rights according to the UN and well, I do believe the US signed that treaty. but I don't have chickens just know that it's the law here that you can't butcher them outside.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

States Rights....

The Tenth Amendment (Amendment X) to the United States Constitution, which is part of the Bill of Rights, was ratified on December 15, 1791.[1] It expresses the principle of federalism, which undergirds the entire plan of the original Constitution, by stating that the federal government possesses only those powers delegated to it by the Constitution. All remaining powers are reserved for the states or the people.

10th

and the result/challenges ...

Indecent exposure in the United States

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If you identify yourself as "liberal", "conservative", or any other similar, you are likely wholly unconcerned with the Constitution when compared to the ideals you identify yourself by.

If you have a problem with gay marriage, you certainly do not concern yourself with the constitution. and you insult our collective history when you say you do.

If you think the Confederate flag is being banned, you have very poor ability to understand the issue, as that is not what is going on. If you think the Confederate flag should not be banned from flying over state buildings, you don't understand the term "sedition". It should have never happened to begin with.

But now that the damned gay wedding thing is finally put to rest, maybe we can focus our energy on something a little more important than what people are doing in their bedrooms. I just can't believe these things are so damned hard to get over. Really. "Equal protection" means just that....bigotry be damned.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

I would agree with maintain tax exempt for churches if they would stop campaigning on the down low.

The political clout that religion exercises in this country....is wrong. Then again, they are just one of many that has a bigger voice, and thus gets to guide policy.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Why does it matter how the animal is killed? Animals are property (legally) and religiously become the property of the deity.

Please, limit your personal comments. I asked questions and you answered. If you're tired of playing, or can't answer, just say so!

The Hindu's position toward cows is a good point! Should businesses be forced to stop serving beef while a devout Hindu is in the store? That would be religiously repellent to them ... right? They shouldn't have to be exposed to that kind of thing, right?

McDonald's stopped using beef tallow for their fries under pressure from Hindu groups.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I just want to say , to all my liberal comrades on here Kali, Introvert, Krazysh0t, Gryphon666 and others i know i missed....

As heated as the topics get on here, I love you guys......I may not always agree with you, and most the time I dont, but I love you guys.....

I really do appreciate what you bring to the table as far as opposing viewpoints go.......

Whether you know it or not it always forces me to look outside the box, I still may not agree with you.....but in the last 10 years it has definitely helped me change my viewpoints on a few things

Let us never say that we hardliners , conservatives and liberals/progressives, have not learned things from each other......

Its only when we stop thinking outside of our own heads that we cease to stop communicating, and stop coming up with solutions.....

Im Christian, so I pray the best for all of us, and that whatever viewpoint, religion, ideology you hold, it leads you to the happy, forgiving, tolerant place you need to be........

So keep challenging each other.....and keep the mind open!

Much love

MBTM
edit on 6/29/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Oh, you are in favor of animal cruelty? Then if a sacrifice is the property of the deity, I suppose you are in favor of allowing human sacrifice too.

I think you are assuming a great deal.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join