It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Bigotry

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I have... quote it for me just in case I missed one though.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I didnt give a break down by region because it doesnt matter......

It DOES matter. I just showed that 95% of the northern politicians voted for civil rights (mostly democrats) and little to no politicians from the south voted for it.

The point is they WERE REPUBLICAN

Actually if you read my source and the provided figures it shows that Democrats were more likely to have voted for it, but again I told you from the beginning that it wasn't a matter of Republican v Democrat but North v South.

again the alegations leveled were that the Republican party and the GOP are traditionally racist bigots.....

HISTORY proves otherwise, you can split hairs all day long on who was voting from where, but the percentage is clear.....

Go reread my source then come back with this argument. You clearly didn't read it.

You can try and justify it however you want, it doesnt change it

I'm not justifying anything. I'm just giving you the facts of history. I already told you that this argument has been traditionally North v South.

link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: Rocker2013

You can't fire someone for being gay, but I never suggested that. I said, "people who don't agree with their conservative political viewpoints." This would basically mean someone posting to Facebook something that offended their employer.

I suppose hypothetically this could be a picture of a man kissing another man. I haven't heard of that happening, though.

in 29 states you can be fired for being gay...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

why do people still believe they can't be

link   

It's all about how you choose to interpret things.

No need to feel hurt anymore...Just make up you own definition.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Okay. That was funny. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

It's all about how you choose to interpret things.

No need to feel hurt anymore...Just make up you own definition.

Leviticus rocks....

hill-kleerup.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But that won't matter, the response is ALWAYS anti-religious in nature without arguing the other points.

Always?

I think I see the problem here. You take a small part of the oppositions arguments or tactics and apply that to the entire broad ideology. Look at the way you talk:

For many liberals

the response is ALWAYS

There are some within the liberal camp that do exactly what you claimed. But you can hardly make any claim that all of them do, or even a majority. When you make these vast assumptions and generalizations and try to apply it to the ideology as whole, you create the false narratives that we hear you saying.

"Libs hate religion. Libs hate guns", etc etc.

Those ideas are absurd and that sort of tunnel vision does nothing but harm to the political landscape.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: beezzer

I've seen one person call for legal action.
Liberal is not applicable to all of us left of Conservative.
Much less than ten? Don't think so.

Now kindly show us examples of the evil liberals filing legislation or calling for their legislators to: force religious clergy to marry gay couples, prosecute hate speech, ban any flag etc...

gawker.com...

um....is that what you were looking for?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

It DOES matter. I just showed that 95% of the northern politicians voted for civil rights (mostly democrats) and little to no politicians from the south voted for it.

Lol The voting record clearly shows that the most votes in favor of Civil Rights issues were republican....how can you make up the numbers that it was mostly democrats?

Actually if you read my source and the provided figures it shows that Democrats were more likely to have voted for it, but again I told you from the beginning that it wasn't a matter of Republican v Democrat but North v South.

By party[edit]
The original House version:[20]

Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)
Cloture in the Senate:[21]

Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
The Senate version:[20]

Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[20]

Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)

Majority republican........deny all you want the voting record DOES NOT LIE

I'm not justifying anything. I'm just giving you the facts of history. I already told you that this argument has been traditionally North v South.

and im giving you facts.......that was the 1960s, last i checked the Civil War was over long before these votes came in........its THE UNITED STATES......that means the parties were REPUBLICAN AND DEMOCRAT......

Do we today say "Oh well that doesnt count thats just southern democrats"

No we do not......the parties as a whole........

Talk about denying facts
edit on 6/29/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/29/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Your post shows that you have very little knowledge of the history behind the American political landscape. There are many little nuances behind the parties, civil rights movements, and we must also consider how the parties have evolved since.

To pound you chest and say "republicans did this" shows that you're a "football politics" type of person. You root for the team, not what the team stands for.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Was that a call to legislators? No. It was asking a question to the readers. What's happened with that after a year by the way? Nothing? Ah.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Also, doesn't really count coming from a philosopher...

They're paid to contemplate the unthinkable.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Lol The voting record clearly shows that the most votes in favor of Civil Rights issues were republican....how can you make up the numbers that it was mostly democrats?

I didn't make up any numbers. I posted a source from the Guardian that broke down the numbers by region which showed that the Southern Democrats deflate the Democratic voting record and make it look like the Republicans were more supportive of the Civil Rights Act. For the third time, this was a North v. South issue. Stop trying to pretend it was a Republican v Democrat issue.

Majority republican........deny all you want the voting record DOES NOT LIE

I'm NOT denying anything. I've already admitted this. YOU are the one who is denying things by refusing to accept that this was a regional issue, not a political party issue. I just mentioned the Democrat thing because the article did. My ENTIRE premise from the beginning has been North v. South. And the voting record is VERY clear about which region favored Civil Rights and which one didn't. You can't argue with that (but you are doing your damnedest to ignore it).

and im giving you facts.......that was the 1960s, last i checked the Civil War was over long before these votes came in........its THE UNITED STATES......that means the parties were REPUBLICAN AND DEMOCRAT......

Do we today say "Oh well that doesnt count thats just southern democrats"

No we do not......the parties as a whole........

Talk about denying facts

Politics don't work the same as they did back then! How can you be so ignorant of this? Have you read my source yet? How can you ignore the fact that 95% of the people from the North voted FOR Civil Rights and 5% of the people from the South voted against it? Just because we had two political parties doesn't mean that our nation was divided among them like they are today.

MAN your knowledge of political history is weak.
edit on 29-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

A European at that. Zero effect on American laws.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Ah, yes, the famous "nuance" argument.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: beezzer

I've seen one person call for legal action.
Liberal is not applicable to all of us left of Conservative.
Much less than ten? Don't think so.

Now kindly show us examples of the evil liberals filing legislation or calling for their legislators to: force religious clergy to marry gay couples, prosecute hate speech, ban any flag etc...

gawker.com...

um....is that what you were looking for?

I must have misunderstood you when you wrote "or calling for their legislators to". It almost looked as if you were asking for proof that somewhere, a liberal called for making opposing viewpoints illegal. As this is one of those cases, I'll just try to read your future posts a few more times and perhaps eventually, I'll pick up on your hidden meaning.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: introvert

Ah, yes, the famous "nuance" argument.

What are you talking about? I've never heard of the "famous nuance argument".

I used the term to indicate small differences and changes that have happened to the parties over time. It's been recorded in history for all of us to see.

Wouldn't you agree that many "nuances" have occured?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

A European at that. Zero effect on American laws.

I know right. Hey, if you guys get a chance, could you help me move these goalposts? they sure are heavy.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Your post shows that you have very little knowledge of the history behind the American political landscape. There are many little nuances behind the parties, civil rights movements, and we must also consider how the parties have evolved since.

To pound you chest and say "republicans did this" shows that you're a "football politics" type of person. You root for the team, not what the team stands for.

And your post shows you obviously know NOTHING about me......

I actually have a strong distaste for the GOP and Republicans...in fact ive voted 3rd party the last two elections...but I do quote voting facts as they are not up for debate.....

More assumptions on youre end that are completely wrong.......

Dont you feel so much more superior now!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

actually my knowledge of political history is very strong......

You just dont like how the numbers panned out..........

You can look at any nuance you want, but the VOTING NUMBERS dont lie.......

its not my fault you dont like them.....

Its nice to see that youve moved to insulting me though, first signs of a failed debate

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join