It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tibetan monks say world will not end in 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

Nice simple example
and unfortunately this is true.

However this is how I see the world as it is now and think that many people think they can make it all white or all black, but neither of these is a wishful result.
If instead the white would dripple a little of that whiteness down upon the black we could approach a somewhat grey tone and then noone would be extremely happy and noone would be extremely sad. But atleast people would survive in a decent way.
Who really needs that £10mil house with a view? Noone needs that, as much as noone needs to wake up and the first things going through their mind is "am I gonna eat today?" or "am I gonna die of thirst?"

A very utopic point of view, yes. But I like it better that way. And just to clarify, I consider myself one of those who could afford dripping some white on black, so it's not because I want more than I have

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

Unfortunately for those whom have lived in the white all their lives, they would wish for their children to be born into the white too.

Like i said, Balance is preserved.

Least we forget the sins of out fathers, of course*.

Anyway, what i'm saying here is that people would like their children to never be exposed to the dark, even though it's inevitable.

And when they do, they often find it seductive and powerful, due to never seeing it for what it is before.

*That's the last time i'm using that phrase, btw.

[edit on 4-11-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DefectingSix

definitely false for me! the world will end in a rapture where Jesus would return to ascend all his childrens who follow through his teachings. after that, war and faminie is all about earth. then people who don't believe in Christ will be slowly torture in their own mistakes on this world. for people who finally believe in Christ the last moment will still suffer in this world until they die and then side with Christ.

your choice. accept Jesus as your savior and follow his footsteps or take the long road where you have to bump your head learning that you made a mistake.

With every threat or promise you self empowering self rightious religious elitists make you move further away from the one you claim to be so close to.

[edit on 4-11-2007 by Grimholt]

[edit on 4-11-2007 by Grimholt]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

You shouldnt' let go of that phrase
you should repeat it to yourself over and over again.
I think much of what can contribute to the end of the world is a result of not learning from the past or from how we ourselves felt in a certain situation.

In regards to "the end of the world" or "time of saving", I also fear what means will force this to happen already in 2012? Although we have never learnt to use our fathers sins for anything constructive, this has been going on for millinea so it would take some kind of immense acceleration in lack of empathy and selfishness to bring us to a destruction of our world.

The way you put it earlier Throbber gave me the impression that these beings of light would almost force this balance upon us, is that correct?
But what if this balance at the same time meant that we would have no recollection of our wrong doings or even better understood every little consequence of our ill path? An enlightenment so strong that we simply couldn't refuse its simplicity and embrace it as the way we were really meant to understand the concept of balance?

In other words, not a brainwash like state, but more the ability to contain worldly empathy.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

You may have taken what i say out of proporation, but i find the end result admirable, or at least to my liking.

Maybe i should move onto another motto - being "The End justifies the means", but i feel that it isn't accurate to my true thoughts, and therefore i cannot use as a reference point the same way one would drive a nail into a peice of wood.

You could say that these 'beings of light' would bring the end upon us, but only because our perspective of balance is one that is flawed - for example, rather than viewing the world as light and dark, you could view the world as light and not-so-light.

It's to do with social evolution, friend.

EDIT: Hmm... 'True thought'... perhaps i should think about that idea more deeply*...

*Oh wait, it seems too familiar - probably because it's what i've been doing all this time!

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Then I agree totally
I can settle for light and notso-light.

I will sit back a little and watch this thread grow. It's a nice one. Thank you OP

Off topic, Throb. I like the Machiavelli referrence
Wrote a report on his book back in high school. Altough his thoughts on the end and means was somewhat rough, it explains the concept perfectly... cheers for that one.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

You don't need to thank me, i was unaware i was making a reference to him.

Instead i'll thank you for making me aware of it.

There's too much conventional wisdom in the world - it seems every damn philosopher has his words treated as if they're some sort of path or guide, when in reality all of them are merely reference points for the individual.

If only people could come to their own path or guide by themselves, there'd be so little confusion over who said what, or what who said.

Still, wouldn't want to go pissing in the wind again.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
am in agreence with this.
I do feel there are people who do have certain powers who may be seen like aliens, its very real in theses days now u can feel it

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DefectingSix

Originally posted by Valhall
Well, the Christian writers said the world would never end...so I guess the monks are verifying that, right?

definitely false for me! the world will end in a rapture where Jesus would return to ascend all his childrens who follow through his teachings. after that, war and faminie is all about earth. then people who don't believe in Christ will be slowly torture in their own mistakes on this world. for people who finally believe in Christ the last moment will still suffer in this world until they die and then side with Christ.

your choice. accept Jesus as your savior and follow his footsteps or take the long road where you have to bump your head learning that you made a mistake.

you're dumb. The whole rapture thing was just used to scare people into religious submission. And apparently it is still extremely effective even today.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by deadangel23

I cannot believe you called someone dumb. That was completely rude and unnecessary and you should get a warning from the mods.

I just read the article and although I never want us to get to the point of destroying ourselves, the article does give a nice message of hope. And I hope that there is something out there that will intervene on our behalf. Because we are a selfish bunch but there is good in this world and I am looking forward to something bigger. The world needs a lesson in spirituality.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by deadangel23

And in this case, like I wrote earlier, buddhism does not command submission like Christianity does. They way to look at it is: both see what is coming and want to "inform" us about it, however one of them found out that they could make a hell of a lot of money on scaring people with it...
The others don't care for that kind of greed, they just want balance.

Buddhists have nothing to gain from submission, that would actually be in difiance with the nature of buddhism. Submit only to yourself...

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Read the White Horse prophecy. I am St. Joseph and the world will not end it will be a rebirth of good and all will be pure again. Love will rule the world.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Read the White Horse prophecy. I am St. Joseph and the world will not end it will be a rebirth of good and all will be pure again. Love will rule the world.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

What do they know? Not much. Not much at all.

The secreting of information did not stop with "the world is round" or "earth at the center of the universe". These were only small steps toward the truth. Steps beyond this have been successfully repressed, for the most part.

Notice they never killed anyone who said "the earth is purple", or "the sun is shaped like a cucumber". The truth has been known a long time.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Oh man....

I was scared when I saw that the calendar ended according to ancient Mayans. (Even though when my calendar ends I usually just get a new one for the next year)

But now, thank God a bunch of monks said it wasn't true. I was inches from opening an umbrella in the house and just ending it all.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yes individuals and groups alike have been forecasting the End Times and such for as long as History has recorded. I have a lot of faith in the Tibetan Monks and the Dalai Lama, I do not know however how true the "Tourists" Claims are, and the context in which they have spoken about the Monks visions. The Dalai Lama will undoubtedly come forth with such visions in the near future if they are truly what the monks have envisioned.

On a side note, I found it interesting that our current calendar, the Gregorian Calendar is allegedly 4 years off the Mayan Calendar. This means that in accordance with the Mayan Calendar we are already in 2012, and that in our Gregorian Date of 2012, which is 4 years from now, we will be on the Mayan Calendar's Year of 2016. I believe it correlates to the disputed birthdate of Jesus, which some scholars believe was actually 4 A.D., and is what the Mayan Calendar Translation for 2012 was based off of. Meanwhile the Christian Gregorian Calendar was based off the original 0 A.D Birth of Jesus.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by skychief
Interesting story for all that believe in the 2012 end of the world scenario. It seems that through remote viewing these monks predict that we will be saved by a force, not of this world, right before we destroy each other. Pretty interesting read, all though I don't know how reliable this site is.

www.indiadaily.com...

[edit on 26-12-2004 by skychief]

hehehe looks like the tibetians are joining the circus. They want to be famous huh? I am sure they love celebs lives.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Well, the Christian writers said the world would never end...so I guess the monks are verifying that, right?

1) Solomon said, "there is a time for birth and a time for death."
It would be implied that this goes for all things as "nothing is new under the sun", and this is the nature of the physical world

2) "And i saw a new heaven and a new earth" - John seemed to hint at the demise of the earth as well. Now is this just philosophical or is John more of an allegory relating to something more...same with Solomon?

Christians say a lot of things, and if you notice they dont even agree amongst themselves...especially to end time events. Though in the past years there has been more of an effort to try to push what would be seen as a political agenda. (of course something Jesus didnt even get involved with when he was on earth...but who cares about that...)

Peace

dAlen

edit: "Doh!" I replied to a comment made in 2004! Oh well...

[edit on 3-3-2008 by dAlen]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
well we need to surive im to young to die like if the earth would be gived to satan for 3 and half years that i saw and there will be war in the hole world i would like to surive
but if aliens come (woo) and save us from all kiling our self's it would be awesome i thinked on them evry time and i would like that humans make peace with them i wont like to be where satan dominates i hate him :| whatever its an anonim post
dont spam :| reply at [email protected] if you want talk with me

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
i am so confused about this everyone says it will end, and i believe it wuill and wont sometimes, the people tht predicted it in the past...well thts a long time ago.but then again we do have global warming and bad things happening..we have more wars, less water, less gas, and more natural disaters....sp what do you thnk will happen and i believe tht the world will end..i thnk tht man frm the past tht predicted tht the world was gonna end is right, it is becoming even more difficult for everything..rapid weather changes even!so i dont thnk we can make it through this i believe its gonna be a meteor and i hope it would be..better over with then suffering right???but hey im just a kid so i might not even know what im tlking about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join