It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tibetan monks say world will not end in 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Yay ets will save us from out destruction and bring in a one world governament

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
So all this buzzing of our defense installations, abduction of citizens, anal probing, and sensor implanting was all in preparation to save us from ourselves eh?

Sorry, not buying it....

Though I've got a great parcel of land for sale in the Everglades....and a lovely bridge in Brooklyn to sell.....

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
So all this buzzing of our defense installations, abduction of citizens, anal probing, and sensor implanting was all in preparation to save us from ourselves eh?

Sorry, not buying it....

Though I've got a great parcel of land for sale in the Everglades....and a lovely bridge in Brooklyn to sell.....

Are you a non believer? How can GW control the world without all that anal probing?

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Are you a non believer? How can GW control the world without all that anal probing?

hehehe

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hey, how did my important post about remote viewing Tibetan monks contacting aliens sink so far south that we are now discussing Dubya and anal probing? Come on people this is some serious stuff!

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The point needs to be made that the gist of the prediction centers around a supernatural intervention, not one from physical aliens.

"In 2012, the world will start plunging into a total destructive nuclear war.

And at that time something remarkable will happen, says, Buddhist monk of Tibet. Supernatural divine powers will intervene. The destiny of the world is not to self-destruct at this time. "

If you read the article carefully, you learn that the author makes the assumption that the intervention is going to be performed by extraterrestrials, i.e., by physical space-aliens. This, in my opinion, is an inaccurate interpretation of the Tibetan monks' prediction. Supernatural implies spiritual, not technological.

"Beyond 2012, out technologies will take a different direction. People will learn the essence of spirituality, the relation between body and the soul, the reincarnation and the fact we are connected with each other are all part of �God�."

It is a safe assumption that those who use many of us as laboratory animals, slaves and for a long-term breeding program are not the ones who would initiate a divine intervention to avert a nuclear war and impart higher spiritual awareness.

By definition, a supernatural intervention would stem from the higher discarnate dimensions, not from Zetan-aliens or any other group of physical space-aliens.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I would have to say that what would they have to gain, a thought from a military point of view. If they rise out of the seas, then I would be more concern according to revelation for those who show great sign to the human race. We would still be F**K and why wait so long to reveal themselves? Get the hint; If these so called alien race of devine shows up in the nick of time to keep the human race from exstiction, how many would be left? When people say the end of the world is coming soon, in history people have said this countless times, it does get boring.
We would have to see what the future may bring. I would not make a toast at this point in time. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have peace through out the world. But I can not rely on what so and so may have said, too many things that do not fit together as the changes in the so-called society.
I do enjoy comments I have read and some I did not, but it is the freedom that to express oneself. Hopefully, it is not so gross.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I wish they would save some of us before 2012. Is there a way I can send a request to be taken now?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Every human being though their current acts in life called �Karma?can alter the future lives to some extent, but changing the destiny in that large extent will not be allowed to that great an extent.

Does this means that our fate is more or less fixed,and that everyone in this world has a defined path to take,and can not be change unless allowed by the divine powers?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It was a great read, and I am one of the few (lol) left who actually DOES believe "something" big will happen in 2012.

Unfortunately, I don't find that site reliable, if only for the unproffesional grammar usage, example:

Every human being though their current acts in life called �Karma� can alter the future lives to some extent, but changing the destiny in that large extent will not be allowed to that great an extent.

Thats not Journalist quality writing, even for a net journalist!

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   

These "monks" just read Revelations, Daniel and a few other books in the Bible. The "scenario" is a pretty good analysis of Revelations. The Devine intervention will be Jesus.................

PS. The "rapture" happens after the tribulation............not before.

Despite the seemingly "self-evident" postulates of revelations, Tibetan Monks are well disciplined in inference a priori of the the universe and thier subjective worlds. although, however, I don't buy this, I just thought I would comment on your spurious remarks.

Also, from where did you contrive the circumstances described by the monks to be startinly perfunctory with that of revelations?

Deep

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kronn

Every human being though their current acts in life called �Karma?can alter the future lives to some extent, but changing the destiny in that large extent will not be allowed to that great an extent.

Does this means that our fate is more or less fixed,and that everyone in this world has a defined path to take,and can not be change unless allowed by the divine powers?

Most of our future is not set in stone. During your life time you make choices and those choices open various new paths which you can follow by making new choices.

however some future events are already set in stone and will happen. such as your death as well as other very important events which you don't know about yet.

basicly i look into the future and i can only see a possible future that MIGHT take place. which is cool because if i don't want that to happen i just make another decision and take another route. however when i saw someone getting seriously injured i tried to prevent it. sure that specific event was prevented but within a day something else happened with the same end result of causing the injury. Just an excample, set futures arent always a bad thing. but it's usual the bad things that i see and not the good ones.

as for the article. god, allah and many other names and religions are useless. they are just names and nothing more. There is something bigger, the pool of love and light, as i call it. the way people refer to it is just, well weird. everything needs to have a name even though there are no physical characters like a jesus.

I'm not sure the monks are right about the nuclear wars which wall start. nuclear warfare is old, these days governments use biochemicals and what not. still i do feel something is about to happen within 10 years time.

the vibrations are getting stronger and more and more people are getting in contact with it and start seeing energies and beings from other realms/dimensions. some decide to train and learn more about their skills and others just neglect em. the people who chose to learn more will eventually manage to ascend their physical body and grow into the light itself and make a direct link with the pool of light and love. there is no god or jesus, allah or salvation.

it's all upto us whether we choose to grow further and evolve or decide to keep living in ignorant bliss and stay stuck on this physical realm and live our lives over and over again with each incarnation untill the day the sun burns up and the planets in this area are gone.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
this remind me of john titor (time traveler from 2036), he say it will be nuke war in 2012 and the indian Tibetan monks say the same thing about the war in 2012 , hmmm what do u guy things ?.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Well sure, I mean if you're into all that fairy, goblin mumbo-jumbo, think what you will about this bs

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Everything that has a beginning, must have an end. When this world ends, our souls will migrate to another one and so on...as we have migrated from other worlds over the milleniums of space and time.

And as far as Warld War III.....Einstein said it best "I'm not sure what weapons World War III will be fought with, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

After 2012 comes and goes, what year will the doomsdayers pick next? It's hard enough to predict the weather over a five day period, but you people can predict the end of the world 7 years in advance. I thought the world was going to end in 2000.....but, oops that was bunk!

And as far as the Born Agains here, my God or the Higher Power doesn't differentiate between his followers and non-followers. He allows us to be human. Which means he understands our ability to think for ourselves. Not that we are always right, but we do have the right to believe what we want and have faith in what we want. My Higher Power isn't going to segregate his worshippers from those that believed other things. Everyone goes to the same place after death. To believe anything else is just ego-centrism and one religious organization trying to have power over all the others. Don't tell me I have to have Jesus as my savior or else I won't be allowed into the kingdom of heaven...please. Any true loving Higher Power wouldn't have such a policy. I believe Jesus was a mortal prophet, does that mean I'm doomed to a horrible hell of an afterlife? Please....get over yourselves you born agains. Believe what you want, but don't threaten me with what the Evangelists have brainwashed you with.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Sol, our star is expanding. It's slow enough that we'll not notice it but give it a few billion years and if anyone is still around, they will. The sun will expand and incinerate the planet. It will keep expanding until it exhausts itself and dies. Then it will collapse into a blackhole.

The Dinos made it 400 million years or so... we only a drop in the bucket... a few billion years you say? Guess that means I have a little time left to put my affairs in order

One of the things I keep hearing about in regards to the Mayan calender and all is this thing to do with the Galactic alignment...

According to Stanford University we crossed that 2 million years ago..

The three-dimensional picture of the Sun's movement through the Galaxy is a little more complicated.

The Sun is moving upwards, out of the plane of the Milky Way, at a speed of 7 kilometers per second. Currently the Sun lies 50 light-years above the mid-plane of the galaxy, and its motion is steadily carrying it further away.

But the gravitational pull of the stars in the Galactic (Milky Way) plane is slowing down the Sun's escape. The astronomer Frank Bash estimates that in 14 million years the sun will reach its maximum height above the Galactic disk. From that 250 light-year position, it will be pulled back towards the plane of the Galaxy. Passing through, it will travel to a point 250 light-years below the disk, then oscillate upwards again to reach its present position 66 million years from now. We crossed the plane 2 million years ago. We are currently in the thick of the galactic disk and our view of distant regions is largely blocked by dust but 10-20 million years from now, our motion will allow a full view of our starry galaxy.

Source

Got this while doing a study on the motion of Earth that a navigator would need to calculate in order to find Earth on the way home

Speed of the Earth

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

How much on the Bridge? I tried the London but Lake Havesu beat me out

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
no ofcourse not... the world will not end! it happend befour en will happens later on......

if humans can survive is another question..
the dinosaures ruled the world for millions of years........
we are just beginning.....and see wat we did so far......
oure chances are low....... we are just to weak.....

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
But you can't really compare christians to buddhists now, can you?
Christians keep holding their faith to a single God, who they even believe creat this messed up world... they are worshipers in the most scary way (as are all other religions who put their trust in what ever you wanna call him).

However Buddhism being a philosophy where questions are put forth for you to ponder yourself instead of being told what to feel or do is kinda more appealing. Yes they have Buddha, but Buddha doesn't command you, he gives you suggestions.
So they probably read the bible and other scriptures, but that only signifies a great amount of knowledge and interest in how other people work and feel. What makes them tick.

That's why I would put a little stock in statements made by a tibethan monk. One more thing is the idea behind the monks not owning anything and eat what they can grow themselves etc.

This means a statement made about the rapture or something resembling it, can't really appear out of a greedy nature if you are a true monk. It's not to sell more books like it would appear mr. Johnston it trying to...

So why would they even state a thing like this? That's the beauty of it... cause in the end, who knows if the enlightend ones who save us from selfdestruction isn't just people amongst us who in the final moment are able to gather enough energy to conway to the rest of the world, that maybe we should just completely stop!... for just 1 minute and look at what we have created for ourselves. Is all this really as far as we can stretch our imagination?
But I wouldn't hold back on the belief that something or someone not from here had been watching from afar and gently approaches us and help us put things back into balance.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Or put us so far off the balance that we discover that balance depends on the individual's perspective - to use the example of the balance between white and black, most would agree that white and black are balanced - HOWEVER *slaps ruler on desk* - If the white is strong, then the white must be lessened, and there must be more weak black.

The stronger that Good becomes, The Evil gains more numbers.

And that is 'balance'.

Or for example; If the Evil becomes stronger than Good, the Good develops more numbers - this would be an example of the Evil ruling the Good, as opposed to the Good ruling the Evil.

Good and Evil are just different perspectives, after all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join