It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tibetan monks say world will not end in 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Interesting story for all that believe in the 2012 end of the world scenario. It seems that through remote viewing these monks predict that we will be saved by a force, not of this world, right before we destroy each other. Pretty interesting read, all though I don't know how reliable this site is.

www.indiadaily.com...

[edit on 26-12-2004 by skychief]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
And that force would probably be from the higher dimensions.

Interesting read Skychief, thanks for the link.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well that is certainly a good thing to hear anyway. Whether or not that article is based on actual investigative reporting or not is obviously not something I can know or prove though. But I do admit that it is somewhat refreshing to read something positive in the news for once!!

Sounds like things will continue to get darker before the dawn of 2012 however, which does kinda suck!

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Mankind has been predicting the end of the world for as long as there have been mankind. So far the predictions of imminent doom have been 100% wrong.

If they could get it right JUST ONCE, then maybe i'll believe. Until then i'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it to happen.

On a lighter note, I hope its true and i'm there to see it. Heck, i'm already old and since i'm eventually going to die anyway it would be cool being there for the end of it all. Talk about going out with a bang!

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well I guess as long as we can live that long maby the aliens that save us wont be hear to destroy us

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well, the Christian writers said the world would never end...so I guess the monks are verifying that, right?

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Anyone who says that the world will never end has no clue as to what they are saying. The world will end, eventually.

Sol, our star is expanding. It's slow enough that we'll not notice it but give it a few billion years and if anyone is still around, they will. The sun will expand and incinerate the planet. It will keep expanding until it exhausts itself and dies. Then it will collapse into a blackhole.

Thats what i've been reading in the sciance world anyway, but what do they know. hehehehe...

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
11:11

welp, at least i can infer that Pres. Bush & the neocons together with the
minds at CAP (Center..American Progress) wont be supplying missles AKA
BunkerBusters & attacking Iran's NukePrograms, and escalating the Mid-East mess.

that Pres. H Clinton-Rodham will officiate for 2 years 2008-2010 before
atomic demolitions are used in the Mid-East theatres.

As a global 'Matriachial' leadership ascendancy grows, the world will/might see that the ETs are= to Marian & religious apparitions....
now that might disarm the average folks-
& give pause to followers in other faiths, (out-of-respect not belief)
but not them which view any aliens in a 'Mars Attacks' light..

i'm sorta in the mrwupy line of thought.
about being around for the final curtain...heck, i don't need ringside seats. the upper-deck or even nose-bleed seats will do.

Thanks to those Monks, at the top of the world, for some wise words

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
As I already posted somewhere here, an old book says that there are two ways in life.

First way - �IMITATION�. ( this is our way, way of normal people )

This way is the easiest, the sweetest... in the beginning. Both difficult and bitter in the end. On this way one does not have to work with his sole. He has to be as everyone, act as everyone, live as everyone. But in the old age - bitterness, repentance and regret...

On this way one does not have to think, all he's got to do is follow his basic wills and instincts.

This is the way of the "sleeping". This is learning the world by repeating the experience of the others, by imitating the ones before you.

�Time will come when human would be able, by the use of an object, to lift another object to the stars and back, and further, through 18 thousand worlds to God.

Time will come when human would be able, by the use of an object, to lift himself to the stars and back, and further, through 18 thousand worlds to God, to face him in person.

But this will happen only when the time comes. This time might come in 30 breathes or in 30 thousand years. But this is when the time comes and your life might be not enough for waiting.

On this way you can receive, get, collect knowledge and pass it to other people. You can leave a trace in the history of mankind and your experience of going this way.�

Second way - �STATE"

The old book says �Remember! If you do not have time to wait thousands of years and you want to face the Creator during your lifetime and dissolve in his great and immense light, you must follow the path of self-knowledge.

Going the path of self-knowledge, revealing your hidden powers, you would be able, with the will of your spirit, to lift another object to the stars and back, and further, through 18 thousand worlds to God. Or you would be able, with the will of your spirit, to lift yourself to the stars and back, and further, through 18 thousand worlds to God.

On this way you will learn hate, passes into compassion to people.

Through compassion you will understand love.

After becoming rich, you will understand the essence of wealth and misery.

You will understand the essence of force and weakness.

You will learn and will understand validity.

You will learn the pain of being alone, remaining among many people.

You will understand happiness and pain simultaneously, by opening your true perception of this world and seeing people they way they really are.

Truth can not be transferred, truth can only be understood.
On the way of imitation, obtaining easy knowledge, personality by disappears, leaveing only the form, dissolved in the crowd. It is very hard to find, understand truth on this way.

The way of the state is the way to the perfect human.

Everybody going this way can understand truth.

Its deficiency consists in the fact that force, ability, love, might and all possibilities, achieved on the way to truth, can not be transmited, transfered to others.

In the transmitting, being reflected in the consciousness of another person, truth perishes.

Task of that going this way - to find, recognize, open the perfect person and to transmit relay race.�

I assume people, who are going the way of "State", are considered as "extra-terrestrials" in the article. Some of this people are monks, other live among us, pretending to be normal people.

Then, the book says, that both this ways will blend togeather and create a way called "Truth", a way to the superhuman.

Good Luck!

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Id like to know exactly what weve been saved from and why this particular planet is blessed. Why would the aliens care what happend to us? Are they like our guardian angels or something?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Well, the Christian writers said the world would never end...so I guess the monks are verifying that, right?

definitely false for me! the world will end in a rapture where Jesus would return to ascend all his childrens who follow through his teachings. after that, war and faminie is all about earth. then people who don't believe in Christ will be slowly torture in their own mistakes on this world. for people who finally believe in Christ the last moment will still suffer in this world until they die and then side with Christ.

your choice. accept Jesus as your savior and follow his footsteps or take the long road where you have to bump your head learning that you made a mistake.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
>> what weve been saved from...

Then you would have to go to Tibet

Anyway, at the Caribbean Crisis we were pretty close.

>> why this particular planet is blessed.

It's a good planet, so why not?

>> Why would the aliens care what happend to us?

I believe that this are not aliens, bet more like people with certain powers and a much fuller understanding of the world.

Why they help? Because they love us and just want to help.

>> your choice. accept Jesus as your savior and follow his footsteps... blah... blah... blah...

Then I guess the Muslims are doomed anyway?

[edit on 27-12-2004 by bratok]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DefectingSix

definitely false for me! the world will end in a rapture where Jesus would return to ascend all his childrens who follow through his teachings. after that, war and faminie is all about earth. then people who don't believe in Christ will be slowly torture in their own mistakes on this world. for people who finally believe in Christ the last moment will still suffer in this world until they die and then side with Christ.

your choice. accept Jesus as your savior and follow his footsteps or take the long road where you have to bump your head learning that you made a mistake.

These "monks" just read Revelations, Daniel and a few other books in the Bible. The "scenario" is a pretty good analysis of Revelations. The Devine intervention will be Jesus.................

PS. The "rapture" happens after the tribulation............not before.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
sure, lets count on someone else to save our sorry asses, you would like that wouldnt you. Lets not worry about anything, we are going to be saved anyway.
I for one am not counting on this one. If the changes that are happening to the planet now become everydays news we have a long way to go until 2012. Maybe there is not going to be much to save.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
They'll still be much to change in the world. It isn't just going to go "poof", because of WWIII. Sure it'll be dealt significant loses of people, that does not mean everyone will die.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Seems interesting, lets all just hope the monks are right about us getting saved, but we should be capable of saving ourselves.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Correct me if I'm wrong....but I don't think the bible ever mentions anything about a "rapture" of people being taken up to heaven in bodily form.....I also thought that only 144000 or some such number, would even be saved at all......

[edit on 12/27/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Correct me if I'm wrong....but I don't think the bible ever mentions anything about a "rapture" of people being taken up to heaven in bodily form.....I also thought that only 144000 or some such number, would even be saved at all......

[edit on 12/27/2004 by LadyV]

Your are right the Bible does not speak to the rature. It was an invention by "Darby"? in the 1800's. The bible does speak of meeting Christ in the clouds. The 144,000 are specific "men" but it goes on to talk about a great "multitude" that no one can count.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
the rapture is such a stupid concept, at least oen good thing came out of it the book series left behind which is quite a fun read

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DefectingSix

These "monks" just read Revelations, Daniel and a few other books in the Bible. The "scenario" is a pretty good analysis of Revelations. The Devine intervention will be Jesus.................

the only way that thinks going to happen in the future and are secretly written down in the bible is that there will be a accident after a time travel expirement which then let to the arrival of a traveller or several which then though let us say it so things may be prefended into the better...

bible is fiction otherwise.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join