It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did my body "suddenly" rejected red meat???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
unfortunately its another sign of modern food production problems
our bodies are healthiest when fed with nutritious produce and 'fake meat' products, poultry and fish products can also be beneficial to most of us that dont have particular food allergies
also helps avoid high cholesterol and too much fat clogging arteries and causing heart attacks etc

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
OP, have you started any new medication recently? When I was prescribed metformin for insulin resistance, I could no longer eat any type of beef or pork. It would make me so so sick and it was just the way my body reacted to the medication. Also, have you ever had any trouble with IBS? My boyfriend was recently diagnosed with IBS and was told by his doctor to eat yogurt twice a day every day, one of them being first thing in the morning before eating anything else. It has helped him tremendously. I hope you figure out what's going on!

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ML8715
OP, have you started any new medication recently? When I was prescribed metformin for insulin resistance, I could no longer eat any type of beef or pork. It would make me so so sick and it was just the way my body reacted to the medication. Also, have you ever had any trouble with IBS? My boyfriend was recently diagnosed with IBS and was told by his doctor to eat yogurt twice a day every day, one of them being first thing in the morning before eating anything else. It has helped him tremendously. I hope you figure out what's going on!

Thanks, last time I took any medicine was 2012. Yoghurt makes me sick.

But still it could be IBS. I mean the provided food in our accommodation is really bad. It's something you wouldn't even feed to a dog. Free food is part of our compensation but I think the company is taking huge lengths to make it as cheap as possible - make us suffer for their own gain.

So I ignored some money lost and bought some oats and corn from the grocery store out of my own money. And it almost cured me overnight.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020

Thanks, last time I took any medicine was 2012. Yoghurt makes me sick.

But still it could be IBS. I mean the provided food in our accommodation is really bad. It's something you wouldn't even feed to a dog. Free food is part of our compensation but I think the company is taking huge lengths to make it as cheap as possible - make us suffer for their own gain.

So I ignored some money lost and bought some oats and corn from the grocery store out of my own money. And it almost cured me overnight.

I would suggest to cook your own meals from scratch, who knows what they are feeding you!
That may help.... we don't need to eat that much meat, especially as we grow older. I am 45 and 3 days of the week I eat vegan/vegetarian, then I eat lots of fish and so far I have been able to keep my cholesterol etc. within a healthy range... naturally.

edit on 30-6-2015 by Agartha because: SPAG!

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: Aleister

Well there are people who believe such. Take the Japanese, there are i hear, many who only date/marry based on blood type that coincides with their own. And no i don't think anyone needs as much protein as we've been told however the average die it doesn't provide what humans need most. People could probably live off just vitamins from fruit and minerals. I mean, there have people people in history who just live off their own urine seeing as it provides all the essentials and most cures the body is lacking. But that's something entirely different and i don't wish to derail this thread.

We need proteins, we cannot live off vitamins and minerals only. Proteins are essential for basic cell function, they also build new tissue, repair damaged tissue. Our hair and nails are made of protein. Muscles need protein, even the most important muscle in your body: your heart. A protein, hemoglobin, carries the oxygen around the body, without it we wouldn't get oxygen... proteins are vital and we need around 50g of proteins every day to make our bodies work normally.

edit on 30-6-2015 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
I would suggest to cook your own meals from scratch, who knows what they are feeding you!
That may help.... we don't need to eat that much meat, especially as we grow older. I am 45 and 3 days of the week I eat vegan/vegetarian, then I eat lots of fish and so far I have been able to keep my cholesterol etc. within a healthy range... naturally.

I would have but I don't have a fridge.

About proteins. I have read some time ago, there are actually high-protein non-meat foods, I just forgot what they were but it's there in google. One of them is Tofu, I think...

I would have loved fish too but it isn't served too frequently in the menu in our canteen, and the ones they do serve, sometimes, looks exotic and tastes really weird... I don't eat it because I worry it could be poisonous fish.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I went through this same process and had Chronic Vomiting syndrome for all that time. I never really did get properly diagnosed, and after going to doctor after doctor and through every test in the book, I put myself through a process of elimination, and low and behold it was my favorite foods that were killing me. I cut beef and pork out of my diet and my sickness stopped.

After two years of eating hardly any beef and pork at all, I slowly started to re-introduce it into my diet. I can get away with steak on the weekends, but if I eat to much beef my symptoms can still come back. I think our food is so full of chemicals it is creating illness and allergies for us.

Now when I buy meat I get it at a local butcher who sells pasture fed beef, and it seems better for me. a reply to: johndeere2020

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

About proteins. I have read some time ago, there are actually high-protein non-meat foods, I just forgot what they were but it's there in google. One of them is Tofu, I think...

I would have loved fish too but it isn't served too frequently in the menu in our canteen, and the ones they do serve, sometimes, looks exotic and tastes really weird... I don't eat it because I worry it could be poisonous fish.

I stay away from soy products, too much soy can cause hormonal imbalances but I guess in moderate amounts it should be fine, I just choose not to eat it.

Lots of vegetables and pulses have a high content of proteins (Quinoa, beans, spinach, broccoli,etc), but they are not 'complete' proteins, by that I mean they lack amino acids that dairy, eggs and meat contain. But you don't need every amino acids every day, hence it is very safe to follow a vegan diet for a couple of days a week without having to take any supplements to top up the nutrients a vegan diet lacks.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Maybe totally unrelated to your circumstances, but last year I went through a period of rejecting red meat, and I didn't know why.

My parents questioned me as to exactly when it started, and I came to the realization that it was since I saw the video of Luka Magnotta, "1 lunatic, 1 ice pick", in which he killed a man and went on to dismember him, sexually assault the trunk, and cannabilize it. It was pretty traumatic; especially because I found myself thinking, "it looks exactly like what the butcher does- just a peice of meat. There was something about that thought that really turned me off red meat in the long term.

Maybe you didn't have such an experience, but it is interesting to go back, see the moment when this changed for you, and see if there wasn't some sort of catalyst...?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

In January 2012 I had a similar reaction to red meat (which lasted many many months), my body couldn't handle eating it at all, let alone smelling it when it was cooking (I refer mainly here to steak).
I rarely eat it now.

Previous to this time I had started a regime of an apple cider shot once a day before food, slept better, skin looked better, dropped unnecessary body matter, had more energy and felt great, and I had no more heartburn.

An incident late last year was curious though ... to do with bacon cooking.

The smell of bacon cooking made me ill as soon as it hit the frying pan, literally, but it seems it was a prelude to an intimidating and threatening encounter with the people I was staying with at the time.

New personal rule since;
Avoid sharing food with malice.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

I stay away from soy products, too much soy can cause hormonal imbalances but I guess in moderate amounts it should be fine, I just choose not to eat it.

Lots of vegetables and pulses have a high content of proteins (Quinoa, beans, spinach, broccoli,etc), but they are not 'complete' proteins, by that I mean they lack amino acids that dairy, eggs and meat contain. But you don't need every amino acids every day, hence it is very safe to follow a vegan diet for a couple of days a week without having to take any supplements to top up the nutrients a vegan diet lacks.

Problem solved, I could eat red meat again without problems!!

I did not know what cured it. It's definitely not medicines because I never took medicines since 2012.

One thing I did, I ate less from the canteen and supplanted my diet with Quaker Oats. Perhaps, it's just bad food. Too bad I can't file a lawsuit because it's NOT against the laws here even if you feed your staff bad food. Serving bad food is only illegal if you are a public restaurant or fast food chain
Middle East sucks! Hope all the bad males here gets their ---- eaten by camel spiders!!

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: Aleister

A+ Blood types should never eat meat, however B types and AB types + O fair better when they supplement their bodies with Protein from meat sources. Yes i know people don't have fangs and their teeth are bent towards eating plants but, they can process meat infinately better than A types which are prone towards plant life.

From personal experience I am going to highly disagree with you. However I only eat organic meat. My beef has to be grass fed my poultry free range fed on gmo free grain. I have a lot of gut issue between celiacs, food allergies and being fed a horrific diet as a kid. Now due to ulcers I am being told to go on a low residue diet and eliminate most of whats left of my already limited diet. Mostly veggies and my favorite ones too. Meat is one of the few things my body doesn't react to or cause an autoimmune response.

The big thing is the quality of the meat. You can taste the difference between an animal who died in fear and an animal who died when calm.

OP, choose a different brand of oats. Quaker oats are so highly processed and laden with poison.
edit on 7/5/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join