It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unequal reciprocity in love between both sexes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Okay, the scenario is - a lone gunman aiming for your husband/boyfriend and he doesnt realise it but the wife does and can decide to save her man by jumping in front and taking the bullet.

To women with a male partner - would you sacfrice your life and take that bullet for your man?

To men with a female partner - do you expect your woman to save your life from that bullet?

If you answered no, please explain, thanks.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: croatianguy
Okay, the scenario is - a lone gunman aiming for your husband/boyfriend and he doesnt realise it but the wife does and can decide to save her man by jumping in front and taking the bullet.

To women with a male partner - would you sacfrice your life and take that bullet for your man?

Yes! I would!

Though- when my children were babies and toddlers, I might not have. My sense of having to stay alive and stick around because my presence was important to their survival was very heightened when they were that age. As if my mental bond with them was not completely severed at that point- throwing myself in front of a bullet would have been like throwing them in front of a bullet, which instinctively, I would be repulsed from doing.

But now they're big, they can take care of themselves, and my partner and I are closer than ever. I would definately do this.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Okay, the scenario is - a lone gunman aiming for your husband/boyfriend and he doesnt realise it but the wife does and can decide to save her man by jumping in front and taking the bullet

And women with a female partner?
Love is love .... why do you make that distinction?????

To men with a female partner - do you expect your woman to save your life from that bullet?

If you answered no, please explain, thanks.

See the above ^^^^^^^^

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: croatianguy

You need some evidence to establish your premises. It sounds like you are basing your theory off of anecdotes too...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I am only talking heterosexual relationships where the roles are more clearly defined.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: croatianguy

You need some evidence to establish your premises. It sounds like you are basing your theory off of anecdotes too...

Wasnt a theory, just an observation. You are right, I was going off by anecdotes but I see from this thread there are cases on the other foot too so I can say I was wrong on that.
But I am still yet to be convinced if the woman would give her life for her man. I only have one woman on here confirming she would, are there any others? And I want to hear mens thoughts on the scenario above.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

Yes! I would!

Though- when my children were babies and toddlers, I might not have. My sense of having to stay alive and stick around because my presence was important to their survival was very heightened when they were that age. As if my mental bond with them was not completely severed at that point- throwing myself in front of a bullet would have been like throwing them in front of a bullet, which instinctively, I would be repulsed from doing.

But now they're big, they can take care of themselves, and my partner and I are closer than ever. I would definately do this.

Interesting. Do you think your husband also might not have if your children were babies and toddlers?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Interesting. Do you think your husband also might not have if your children were babies and toddlers?

I don't know. He's not here right now, otherwise I'd ask him!

But I read a study once in which people were asked similar questions, if they had to make the choice to save their spouse or their children in an extreme event. If I remember correctly, there was a marked difference between the responses of men and women.
Women were more likely to give up their life for their children than their mate,
and men were more likely to give up their life for their wife - even before the children.

I don't know if more studies like that have been done since, and I don't remember the source of that. But it was interesting.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

I don't know. He's not here right now, otherwise I'd ask him!

But I read a study once in which people were asked similar questions, if they had to make the choice to save their spouse or their children in an extreme event. If I remember correctly, there was a marked difference between the responses of men and women.
Women were more likely to give up their life for their children than their mate,
and men were more likely to give up their life for their wife - even before the children.

I don't know if more studies like that have been done since, and I don't remember the source of that. But it was interesting.

Yeah thats interesting. I always knew that women would save their children ahead of their spouse, but wasnt so sure about men.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I can guarantee most women would not take the bullet for their man. I am not saying the she wont love him as much but she is not the 'protector' in the relationship. Sperm is more expendable than the ovary, hence man is more expendable than the woman. That is all it comes down to.
edit on 5-7-2015 by Marcus069 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join