It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World economy may slip to 1930s-like depression: Indian Central Bank Chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
www.business-standard.com...

The global economy is “slowly slipping” into Great Depression-like problems of the 1930s, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Raghuram Rajan has cautioned, asking central banks from across the world to define the “rules of the game” to find a solution.

“We need rules of the game in order to effect a better solution. I think it is time to start debating what the global rules of the game should be on what is allowed in terms of central bank action,”

Keep in Mind he was one of those few people who predicted the 2008 Financial crash. I am assuming the "rules of the game" he is referring to the rampant printing of money by the central banks.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

It should have already happened.

And it will.

When you have a system that prints more money to fix short-term problems and ignores simple economics...

I'm just done with the "it's gonna happen now!" predictions.

If you're in the know, you'll get the memo.

edit on 29-6-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

So who would be the new Hitler? With the coming Depression, a new Hitler would arise.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

This smart honest man is right on the money.....Like the pun. Inflation is out of control and about to render the bottom 50% of the US citizens homeless and hungry.

Printing endless money and keeping interest rates at zero is a bad.....bad idea.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Oh....we're not in the depression now ?

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

So who would be the new Hitler? With the coming Depression, a new Hitler would arise.

TPTB take advantage of bad times.......The people beg and scream for change and TPTB come in and save the day. The only problem is you have to give up individual rights to get it.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Hmm. It all depends on how the makets open today. If they follow the leader, then it's time to panic.

Well will see how much influence the Fed has over the markets participants and they already corner the market.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

What he is "stealthly" implying is the 500 pound Gorilla and White Elephant Trillion dollar American deficit in the room. If a small country like Greece can't get an extencion on its debts ( a couble of billion). What makes you confident that world Central Banks can extend Trillions of dollars to run our (American) corrupt government. Think about that...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The trouble is, the Weimar Republic inflation has been forgotten/not taught in business schools, a wheel barrow full of bundles of 1,000,000 Mark notes to buy a loaf of bread, workers paid three times a day with the inflation rate nearing light speed, still, history is always forgotten the minuet the classroom door closes...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

I don't think it will happen overnight, it will take months to happen.
We may see a step downwards today, then more to come.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The rules of the game is to keep a global economy of 8 Billion or so running.

There are a lot of supply chains with many dependencies across the globe. Money helps keep the ships and machines of enterprise organised and running. As the world does become more interconnected, we are all in it together.

India has invested a lot into programming and I am very impressed by some of their work. I am sure they have a lot to offer in helping to keep the global accounting on the right tracks.

new topics

top topics

join