It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does ATS's rating system change how you post?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

it doesn't change how i post. It changes how i read. i am interested in human nature, groupthink, an mindset.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
There's a rating system?

Honestly, I've been here so long, I just post what I post, and let the chips fall where they may. I've seen many different ideas for rating/rewarding content, it's hard to recall them all.

Sometimes, posts are considered good, other times, I've overestimated what is considered acceptable...but it was always honest and frank.

A rating system will certainly not change this for me. Stuff happens.

I do know though, from being on the other side of the curtain, that every staff member I ever met, has only the best interests of the board as a whole at heart. They are volunteers, and do so because they love the board. One of the reasons I've stayed so long. I don't always agree, but I don't doubt their motivations. Making this the best conspiracy board on the net. Simple as that really.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I have never been post banned to my knowledge, but I have had the odd slap on the wrist, normally when I have posted without proper care and attention. We are all mortal, and none of us perfect after all!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I have never been post banned to my knowledge, but I have had the odd slap on the wrist, normally when I have posted without proper care and attention. We are all mortal, and none of us perfect after all!

I once made a pretty nasty remark whilst drunk and irritated at another member.

In the morning there was an ominous white message and I was too ashamed at my comment to click it, after about three days I finally manned up and it was applause for something in a different thread.

As for flags and stars I use them to regulate myself, If I realise they are going up quickly it means I'm spending too much time here and need to take a step back.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I just post what I think, even if my opinions are unpopular, I don't care about stars or flags at all.
The debate is what interests me here, and it would be a pretty crap debate if we all agreed with each other.
You can tell who is popular on ATS or not though. I often see a few members posting pretty much exactly the same point yet one will get 20 odd stars and say a new member will get 1 if they are lucky.

Nah, I couldn't give a toss if I'm even hated on ATS, I enjoy the debate, and it's a million times better than facebook or the dreaded comments section on youtube.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
ATS has a ratings system?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join