It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marriage Equality Isn't Equal

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Who has forced you? i keep hearing this but exactly who has forced you to celebrate or do anything your religion tells you you can't do?

if i may, religion is the one that forces itself on people, people of religion are the one who show up places with "God Hates ****" signs, the one that preaches what sin we are and we need to stop the "Gay Agenda" every time i see anything oppressive it involves religion of some kind.

Equally you have the right to teach your children to hate certain people because of their sexuality, others have the right to teach their kids love and tolerance, and to stand up for hate speech form anyone, if you get called a bigot because of that maybe because you have taken bigoted actions

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I think that incest is a non-issue as long as you're not having kids. Perhaps we should legalise it on the condition that one or both be sterilised?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: DaesDaemar

If you want to marry your sibling go ahead, if you want to marry five of your siblings go ahead, i think you would even get a pass from the church as there was incest and polygamy in the Bible

Apart from inbreeding resulting in this;

I say Go for it! (Not)
edit on 29-6-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Are you against gay marriage also?

I noticed that there is now a thread on an incestuous couple looking to marry.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaesDaemar

Are you against gay marriage also?

I noticed that there is now a thread on an incestuous couple looking to marry.

No, and I'm not overly concerned with the love part of incestuous relationships either. Each to their own I say, as long as they're human adults and consenting. If one believes in the Adam and Eve theory, then the human race started off as one big happy incestuous family. Auntie Mums and Uncle Dad s galore!

I do worry however about the consequences of inbreeding. The reason incest is bad for procreation is that it stalls the process of genetic diversity, which is essential for successful evolution. Otherwise you end up with throw backs like in that pic I posted.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

If you just look at the quality of the arguments against gay marriage, I'd wager there was a LOT of sibling marriage and reproduction going on a generation or two ago.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

well, it is in the bible

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Yes,

How could anyone deny their right to love and the advantages of the State with a marriage contract? What does it matter if they are not going to have children?

Same with Polygamy and or group marriages. Why Not?

See how that works.

Yep I am waiting so one day I can marry the animal of my choice too.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

That's always bugged me about the Adam and Eve story. Didn't Cain marry someone from another tribe? Makes you wonder where they came from too, unless there were many Adam and Eve's so that we did have that genetic diversity, but that's a whole new discussion right there.

My OP is more on me wondering what everyone's take on the whole love is love thing is. Children can be taken out of the equation.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaesDaemar

That's always bugged me about the Adam and Eve story. Didn't Cain marry someone from another tribe? Makes you wonder where they came from too, unless there were many Adam and Eve's so that we did have that genetic diversity, but that's a whole new discussion right there.

Cain was the son of Adam, the bible only mentions Adam and Eve as being the two beings God created. Cain would have had to have procreated with his sisters and maybe his mother (I know, weird right?)

My OP is more on me wondering what everyone's take on the whole love is love thing is. Children can be taken out of the equation.

My own personal take - Brothers and sisters (sharing one or both parents) is too close and too weird for me.
Cousins and beyond I can accept.
edit on 30-6-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I agree, weird and I can't condone it. But because it's not accepted by society, we can say that without being called names ourselves.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I just looked up the USA laws on first cousin marriage. It seems that they are as divided as they were on gay marriage about the subject. Some states openly allow it ranging through to states that ban it and it is classed as criminal activity.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here in OZ you can marry a cousin.
marriagecelebrant.wysiwyg.net.au...

Based on this revelation that I knew nothing about but researched because you peaked my interest, there doesn't seem to be a need for law change anyway. I still think that parents / siblings and siblings is way too close and it seems that the law agrees.

Gay marriage is different from incest, because the assumption is that it is 2 adults of no relation wanting to marry, just like in most heterosexual marriages. Therefore I conclude that there is marriage equality with allowing gay marriage as it would fall under the same rules and regulations for the incest laws as heterosexual marriage.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join