It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun with Abstractions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

I didn't say anyone lied in any of my examples though, did I?

But I do believe there is always one truth. We have to find it or try to find it. None of the authors of the Gospels lied. They all told the truth; their true accounts. But they also injected their own biases along the way; how the truth affected them and what they were inspired to add. God meant us to see all of it; to find the truth.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I didn't say anyone lied in any of my examples though, did I?

Nor did I friend. A lie may be false by definition and so a lie is always false but something doesn't have to be a lie to be false. For example, if I thought someones name was Teresa in the retelling of a story but her name was really Terry. It was not a lie as I actually believed what I was saying to be true but it was also a false piece of information rather than a true one. My point was none of what they provided was false information it was just less and more detailed.

But I do believe there is always one truth. We have to find it or try to find it.

That is quite a rarity on ATS, but a pleasant one.

They all told the truth; their true accounts.

I hinted at this earlier, but telling the truth and telling an account you think to be true are entirely different things. Someones true account could be mainly false without being a lie, but if someone speaks the truth then it by definition cannot be false.

But they also injected their own biases along the way; how the truth affected them and what they were inspired to add.

If the God of the Bible is real then this is not true, if he is not real then this is true.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

You lost me on this one . I have no idea what your talking about lol

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

It's a matter of perspective...

Idk how to do blanks here,so I'll use hyphens to space things out...

Jupiter

------------------------------------------------------------------------Sun

-----------------------------------------------Venus

-----------------------------------------------------------------Earth

It's an illusion created by our position on earth.The line back to the sun forms an angle depending where make our observations.

edit on 2-7-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammer

edit on 2-7-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: x2

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Thinking about trying to describe truth, I'm surprised by how challenging it is.

In the mundane sense, I usually fall back on harmony with fact or reality. For example: gravity as the force responsible for objects falling towards the earth.

Philosophically, imo truth is more then just describing form.

For me, truth is like a building. The descriptions are views from different areas. Idealistically, honesty opens the doors and my beliefs take me between the floors...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join