It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy !,Nikon Coolpix P900

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Have any of you seen the Zoom capability if this cam ?

Nikon coolpix P900 83x optical zoom world record - video test on moon

And for you Chemtrailers :p

Amazing , for a 600$ cam .

Just thought I would share this with you , Although i am not to sure if it belongs in this thread , it is technology i suppose .

Thoughts ?

Kap.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

that is great for the price.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Dangit!

Guess that S&W MP40 is gonna have to wait a bit longer.....

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
Have you seen how big that lens is?

Not only do you have to lug that huge lens around, but you can't take that kind of telephoto shots hand-held so you've also got to lug around a tripod. Professional photographers do this all the time so it can be done, but it's a little cumbersome for most amateurs to carry around something that big.

I like it though. I hate all the miniaturization of cameras with crappy lenses that take 4 megapixel photos, but the lens is so tiny and bad they look more out of focus than a 1 megapixel pic taken by a camera with a good lens.

It's like a 40 power telescope (the 83x magnification must be from a wide angle view). One thing to watch out for though is sometimes extreme zoom telephoto lenses have a lot of distortion, especially at the edges of the picture, but with better computer aided design of lenses maybe this can be minimized, as I didn't notice a lot of distortion in the video.

I hope some UFO photographers get these and put them on tripods so we can see more than a fuzzy dot for a "UFO" picture or video.
edit on 2015628 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! I want this camera!!! To bad i am out of work and the $2217 I had in my credit union to live on till i found me another job was garnished by some crooked attorney for a debt that was over 15 years ago. GRRR! wish i could find me a job real quick. I looked on amazon and looks like this cam might be sold out already too.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: Kapusta
Have you seen how big that lens is?

Not only do you have to lug that huge lens around, but you can't take that kind of telephoto shots hand-held so you've also got to lug around a tripod. Professional photographers do this all the time so it can be done, but it's a little cumbersome for most amateurs to carry around something that big.

I like it though. I hate all the miniaturization of cameras with crappy lenses that take 4 megapixel photos, but the lens is so tiny and bad they look more out of focus than a 1 megapixel pic taken by a camera with a good lens.

It's like a 40 power telescope (the 83x magnification must be from a wide angle view). One thing to watch out for though is sometimes extreme zoom telephoto lenses have a lot of distortion, especially at the edges of the picture, but with better computer aided design of lenses maybe this can be minimized, as I didn't notice a lot of distortion in the video.

I hope some UFO photographers get these and put them on tripods so we can see more than a fuzzy dot for a "UFO" picture or video.

Not that big at all really .

The zoom power of the COOLPIX P900 is nothing short of spectacular. This is 83x (2000mm equivalent) optical zoom—more than any Nikon COOLPIX yet. Advanced shooters will appreciate the outstanding image quality and DSLR styling—a sure grip, a swiveling Vari-angle display, a high-resolution Electronic Viewfinder that turns on automatically when lifted to your eye, even a PSAM mode control dial. Those who simply want great photos and Full HD videos without any fuss will appreciate the point-and-shoot ease and long battery life—up to 360 shots per charge! And everyone will appreciate the built-in Wi-Fi® and Near Field Communication technology (NFC)** connectivity which wirelessly connects the COOLPIX P900 to a compatible smartphone or tablet for instant photo sharing and remote camera control. Change the way you see, capture and share the world.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I own a FinePix with 40x optical and I love it......Maybe I should upgrade. They should work on getting higher pixel counts 16 is kinda low nowadays. Imagine this zoom with 50 megapixel......Oh My.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
In the Moon video, the moon looks much smaller in the sky than it does to me. It's this tiny dot at the beginning of the video.

Still impressive camera...I didn't see any hidden Moon bases though!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

what a great but heart breaking report, Kapusta ! this camera is sooo beautiful, great, and affordable.

lucky for all those who haven't upgraded their old camera just yet - me, unfortunately, just bought a nikon coolpix couple of months ago............. grrrr

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sanssouci

Too late for me.

Dang, I just bought a LUMIX-G GF7K. I bought it for its smaller size and inter changeable lenses. It's has a Micro Four Thirds sensor, which almost doubles the zoom distance of any lense, but if I saw your video, I might have changed my purchase.

Nice video. S&F.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Amazingly you can buy one in Australia for 649 dollars which is 496 US . Looks at secret fishing account .
edit on 29-6-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
That is impressive..

Reminds me of this..

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I'm pretty happy with my Sony Cyber-shot, but...I want this camera. That's a hell of a zoom! When it comes time to upgrade, I'll be taking a good look at one of the future models.
edit on 6/29/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

Don't hold your breathe the "best ever picture" will still be a white dot 2 pixels wide !

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Still impressive camera...I didn't see any hidden Moon bases though!

It's good, but not THAT good.

Anyone know if this would connect to a telescope just out of interest?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Man...I just bought a used XL2.
Camera tech is something else

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I've never seen a daytime image of the moon. Puts NASA to shame or are we not seeing it the same in space surrounded by blackness?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
I've never seen a daytime image of the moon. Puts NASA to shame or are we not seeing it the same in space surrounded by blackness?
I have no idea what you mean "Puts NASA to shame". That camera is impressive and makes imagery of good clarity with what is essentially like a very small 40 power telescope, but not nearly as impressive as the imagery NASA gets from the LROC, which takes pictures of the moon from orbiting the moon, in far more detail. This was compiled from LROC imagery, which couldn't be done from imagery from the the Nikon Coolpix camera which doesn't record enough detail for this plus you can't photograph the far side of the moon from Earth:

Giordano Bruno Crater

Giordano Bruno is a 22 km lunar impact crater on the far side of the Moon.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
I just meant I liked how it looked as viewed from Earth with the daytime blue sky as the backdrop, since as a rule most of us see it this way.The photos NASA takes are obviously more close up and yes we get to see what's really there, but we don't ever venture out to space ourselves to see it from that perspective. This is seeing the moon from Earth in much more detail and it was impressive, more authentic, given the zooming animation shown. The craters illuminating as they were appealed to my senses more.
To put it bluntly the NASA. Photos are boring. Not that I don't appreciate the great efforts taken to obtain the photos.

I didn't explain this well. In any case I really didn't mean what I said. Bad choice of words and I suppose saying they are boring isn't much better. Apologies on that.
edit on 30-6-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
That's not a bad price considering that Nikon's rare 2,000mm lens sold for $95,000 at a charity auction.

Rare Nikon 2000mm F/11 Lens Fetches $95,000 At Charity Auction

Chief among those was a Reflex-NIKKOR 2000mm f/11, a whopping 17.5kg (about 38.5 pounds) lens, the longest and heaviest Nikon ever made for the 35 mm market. An incredibly rare lens, it was expected to go for between €18,000 ($25,800) and €20,000 ($28700) — but instead fetched a whopping €66,000 ($94,800).

I'm willing to bet that some amazing pictures can be had with that Nikon P900.
edit on 6/30/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join