It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama Senate Approves Bill to Abolish Marriage Licensing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Yes, and I think there is also a tiny asterix and minutiae detail in fine print to do with mummy and daddy also being brother a sister, but not in name...

You know, some real Jerry Springer s#.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Cuervo
Read my post above yours.

Yeah... that's scary. I hope that's not how it will play out. If so, then that's definitely a deal breaker.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Can they do that? or is this like a Legal Loophole that eventually would have to be voted on all over again?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Yep. It's rebellious.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

And as I said in my first post, something just doesn't smell right. I'm not sure what that funky detail is, but something just isn't right with this.

I DO want to know more. Yes, we do need details.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I don't know. I doubt if the Supreme Court will uphold it -- surely not. Plus, Alabama has a Republican Governor, but he's quite moderate. I don't know if he could veto it or not, but I bet he will if he can.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I'm glad something positive was able to come out of this. My understanding is that George Washington never got government permission to marry. He went to the church for the marriage, and it was never certified because that was not something they did at the time.

Hopefully states will now eliminate marriage licenses completely. Problem solved for good.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Darth_Prime

I don't know. I doubt if the Supreme Court will uphold it -- surely not. Plus, Alabama has a Republican Governor, but he's quite moderate. I don't know if he could veto it or not, but I bet he will if he can.

Where is the proof you have that same-sex marriage will be affected?
Until you can provide proof I think you are wrong.

I challenge you to find proof of your assertion before you run around like an alarmist chicken little.

I think, like Charlie Spears that it is about
brothers and sisters not marrying
and bigamy
or polygamy
or polyandry
or a parent marrying a child
like Charlie said "Jerry Springer stuff."

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I like it. The court houses do not have to do this, people can pay for a lawyer to research things and fill out the paperwork.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I read it as something that would afford equality across he board and not involve religious institutions that don't agree with marriages between same-sex couples.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Grandma Kay! You charming girl...... you can click on my link, or not, I don't really care. : ]

I didn't research it, I just posted what I posted! Don't know if it's right or wrong, it says what it says.

Now you have a nice nite, ya heah?

AN "alarmist little chicken". LOL! Kay Kay, you are a piece of work! And mean as a damn snake! Lol!
edit on 6/28/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Well it's sourpuss, still bigoted but no one can say they are treating anyone unequal. Seems to me though that there would be some government clerks that aren't so religious that they would feel icky handing a marriage license to a gay couple, maybe even some wanted to... but perhaps they were ordered not to based on religious grounds.

At any rate, government employees have no business refusing to do their job on religious grounds. This takes care of that pretty neatly. Well done Alabama, for figuring out the only way to legally be bigots was to eliminate a service all together.

Fair is fair.
edit on 6/28/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Well Beez, I happen to know that Alabama's governor has five sons, and their names are Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and David, it that means anything to ya. wink wink

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yep. I'm kinda thinking that's what they are doing. Pathetic.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This would simplify divorce. It is mujch easier to disolve a contract, 'resign' your position, adjudicate property, or simply buy out the other parties 'share'... Than petition the State for divorce, and go through all the proceedings, abitration, etc, etc.

I personally never wanted a 'marriage license', only the Church ceremony witnessed and celebrated by family and friends, and officiated by God. I Hate hate hate having the State as the 3rd Party in my marriage and 'guardian' of my morals. [Roberts v. Roberts, Linneman v. Linneman]

Need to dig up the text of this bill. Interest piqued.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

lol thanks grandma but I never really thought about it like that.

I was referring to the blood tests.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Grandma Kay! You charming girl...... you can click on my link, or not, I don't really care. : ]

I didn't research it, I just posted what I posted! Don't know if it's right or wrong, it says what it says.

Now you have a nice nite, ya heah?

I could not find your link in the thread before you made your assertion.

I read the article and it does not support your assertion that same sex marriage is affected.

So kindly repost your proof as I could not find it, if you don't want to repost it, at least tell me what page it is on in the thread so I can read your proof.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I look at it as a compromise.

Isn't that what everyone always talks about?

Compromise.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I look at it as a compromise.

Isn't that what everyone always talks about?

Compromise.

No! They don't want compromise because that means some people would still be free to disagree with them.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Gran! I did a eta on my post to you! (I just wouldn't want you to miss it, it's quite sincere).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join