It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Escapee David Sweat shot, in custody

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Could you travel that 20 miles without being seen? These guys traveled this distance without anyone seeing them, plus they were able to commit crimes that went unnoticed, they stole cloths and firearms, unless they had help from the outside. All the while the authorities were spending $1 million a day with a massive manhunt and media campaign.

Can't wait for the movie.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Looking at that terrain between the Clinton Correctional facility, and the Canadian border, I fail to see how they could have failed if crossing that border was their intention. The terrain all the way to the border is either rural, or forested, national parkland, or similarly rugged, and covered in vegetation. Unless the government were to place an armed guard on every fifty square feet of land between the prison and the border, for about fifty miles east and west of the place, I reckon I would have made a better fist of it than these two did. The land between the prison and the border is the very best one could possibly ask for, in order to conceal ones presence, and evade detection.

Forested areas provide one with tools besides the existing cover as well. Take camouflage for example. Upon reaching the treeline, the first order of business would have been to render ones clothing unrecognisable, by quickly stripping out of it, and smearing dirt all over it. This covers the original colour, changing ones appearance from that which a potential tipline caller might be looking out for. Furthermore, the forest offers things like vegetation, from which can be made adornments for ones clothing, leafy twigs and small branches can be forcibly attached to ones garments, to break up ones outline, and provide the wearer with an outer covering which matches the natural backdrop that they are moving through. This does not have to be done carefully to be effective, which means one can literally do this while on the move.

As mentioned in another thread on this topic, an escapee could have utilised any waterways and streams in the area to throw off any dog led pursuit, by slogging a few miles here and there, through such streams and rivers as might have been in the area.

Given the terrain, I just do not get how at least one of those fellows did not get across the border, unless they were the fellows who prove the old adage that criminals are generally stupid. I would have sought to be across that border in a matter of two or three days, not two or three weeks.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I was hoping they got away... in the age of the american police state and ever vigilant cyber tracking its refreshing to know you can still get away. like the above stated: these guys aren't rapist or molesters or serial killers or anything like that. they lost it and killed someone. big friggin deal. all the PC weak/pansy b/s about if someone crosses you then you should take them to court is bulls***... sometimes if someone #s you they deserve to be murdered... they didn't break any laws while they were out (other than an occasional b&e to get food) nor did they harm anyone. they just wanted to be free. too bad the trigger happy cops shot them, although i know i would rather die than face life in a max facility.

i think whats far more telling about this whole thing (and what the take home lesson should be) is what would happen to you or me if we ever found ourselves in and subsequently escaped from a government detention facility (i.e. FEMA camps) we would be tracked, hunted and shot. while an ever present media frenzy in the background swaying opinions

<< 1   >>

join