It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth’s Journey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Earth’s Journey

When our proto-star exploded, particles and solid pieces were hurled all over space. On the gravitational falling back some missed the Sun, which moved position, and started to form orbits around it. Conditions were violent and collisions were the order of the day amongst objects as they start settling into their orbits. ±4.5 billion years ago a possible planeloid, Theia collided with Earth to form the moon. The “late heavy bombardment” happened around ± 3.9 billion years ago, the time when the Earth started forming solid areas.

Some Fun – There are no geologic records for the Hadean Eon.

Ok, let’s look at today where the Sun, Cosmic radiation, Volcanism and Impacts are the current most prominent contributors to Earth changes. The climate is a secondary result of this and not part of this thread as atmospheric changes are common in our history and life is still around. Volcanism intensity in turn is directly linked to the amount of cosmic radiations entering our Solar System affecting our planets. Ok, what does this mean? Simply that when our Sun is in a minimum cycle or period it’s Solar forcing is less, which then allows the galactic cosmic rays to enter deeper into our Solar System and/or when we move through changing outer-space particles and densities (clouds and their makeup). Currently our Solar System is moving through “fluff” within our local bubble with a higher density, believed to create more friction and therefore the temperature changes throughout our Solar System.

Local bubble drawing

This is our position in the remnants of a Supernova explosion within the Orion Spur. The most probable cause of this bubble is the Geminga Supernova about 340,000 + years ago. According to my personal opinion this was the reason why Earth was so hot in the Triassic/Jurassic time period. And a hot slippery Earthly mantle definitely helped triggering the eruptions of the Siberian traps that led to the most devastating known Mass Extinction ever ± 252 million years ago. But I think we leave this for the scientist to work on. However, I will put”snowball” Earth ± 600 million years ago on the top of the list. Mass Extinctions happens repeatedly on Earth and are not limited to the big 5, we are in one now which are been highlighted due to our shared knowledge. But I do not see scientist in 110,000+ years from now finding it to be an extraordinary event or us changing into a Venus type planet yet. Extinction events are more prominent when the temperature changes, with the emphasis on cooling down stages. (Do not jump to conclusions)
While statistical data sets give us a basic picture of the past, when going into the millions of years there are still many “thumb-sucks” with to many blank spots in our Earths timeline as a result. Personally I would like to see more work done on our Solar Systems movement, which in turn will do away with a lot of speculation. What’s up with our Solar Systems magnetic plane and its ± 90° tilt in relation to the galactic plane? Did we really come from a merger of the Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy? Why does Sirius seem to follow us in our precession cycle? It is time for it to become a fact and do away with theories and hypothesis about bobbing like a sine wave and/or rotating around something else more local.

My thread has some personal opinions, feel free to differ.
Thanx, have a nice day and safe journey.

edit on 1C152015-06-28T16:49:07-05:00SundayAmerica/Chicago2 by ICycle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the interesting, well-presented thread! I'm not sure I agree with everything as you've presented it, but still....Nice work!
S&F

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ICycle2

Very nice presentation.

Interesting read.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Excellent thread subject. I've been looking at data recently, mostly climactic, which would be outside the subject of this thread, but very well constructed topic.

Have you read 'A New History of Life' by Ward & Kirschvink? Excellent and very modern data presented in this book about the origins of not only Earth but life on it.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 321Go

Thanx, will check

new topics

top topics

join