It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowing God's Judgement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Im curious to see how you can know the MIND of GoD by reading the KJV of the Bible. You do know that it's a "translation"
And was chewed to death by political agendas. It's far from being divinely inspired.

I expect to clearly see more cherry picking of the bible to fit your particular agenda....have at it!

Be advised... calming to know the mind of GOD [mocking] is not looked favorably upon by GOD.

1 Cor 2:16 . . . but we have the mind of Christ.

No you don't. You have the mind of ChesterJohn, with a right wing agenda of hate and division. As exemplified by your name calling. You are a man, trying to convince us that you are enlightened and some how the voice of the creator.

I'm calling cheese on this one.....

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Boy do you have problems.

1) I never said a hateful thing in any of my posts

2) As a Christian, the word of God contradicts you, as it says I do have the mind of Christ.

3) I never called anyone a name.

4) There is not a single thing right wing about what I have posted

5) the only cheese you have is in your head.

I never judged a single person, nor singled out anyone or cause. I simply made an observation in my OP. Those who see things that are not there need to look into their own hearts and see what makes you feel so uncomfortable at what was said in the OP.

edit on 28-6-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Are you sure about your facts?

Based on what I'm seeing here, it looks to me like the number of crimes is actually going down.

As far as bear, shark, and mountain lion attacks going up, I trust you have some information for those of us with a scientific mindset? And I don't want to hear "oh, you can just Google it" - because guess what, if I google "Mountain Lion Attacks" then the entire page will be about 1 or 2 cases that happened recently. Most animals will try to take you down if they think they can manage it.

War? You do realize the only reason we are at war is the people we keep voting in are screaming it from their own pedestal; we wouldn't have war if we cleaned house.

Maybe the reason people aren't seeing it is because it's not happening: If you live in tornado alley, guess what? It's called that because there's a huge amount of tornados that form there. The Western states are in a desert, and are using up what little water there was to support the ecosystem (because clearly, having a lush green oasis for your lawn is more important than a dusty. brown lawn).

I'm also curious - can you read Hebrew? Asking because if you are as much a scholar as you proclaim, then you also know that the version of the bible you read now isn't the same version that was originally made: Parts were removed (IE: The Lost books), Reworded (IE: King James variant), and Re-applied based on a groups beliefs (The Catholic variant and Lutheran variant are not the same, just as the Book of Mormon is clearly not in the same manner as regular Christianity). So to say we're under Judgement right now, citing knowledge from a book that has gone through many iterations before the current phase, is a little bit preposterous to me; The lessons are valid, such as love thy neighbor, respect one another, do not lust, etc, but saying that's causing all the bad in the world?

Now, can you offer a reason why he might be doing this to us, without citing the proverbial "Oh, we turned our back on God"? I'm interested to hear it.

-foss

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Well, one could interpret your response to me as an attempt to be insulting and calling someone lost in the manner you did, is a form of name calling. I am not insulted at all by it, but also can't imagine Christ responding that way to anyone.

For the record I was raised in a strict evangelical home. I went to a christian private school, church several times a week and not allowed exposure to secular media. Yet I still doubted. I fasted and prayed for days on end to ask god to erase my doubt and increase my faith. The bible promises if you do that god will give you faith. Please tell me what went wrong. My heart longed to believe because it was all I knew and I feared having a disconnect from the world I knew.

So tell me, how did I end up so lost when surrounded but all the things that were supposed to strengthen my faith?
edit on 6/28/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Never my intention.

however you said you read the Bible through many times so it seems you don't know what a lost person is and that they cannot understand the word of God because the spirit of God is not in them. Re-read all of 1Corinthians again.

please note raised in an evangelical home or attending a Christian school does not make a person saved. Nor does not attending secular events or depriving your life of certain things. It can make a lost person just Religious, and the world is full of them.

edit on 28-6-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

a reply to: calstorm

Never my intention.

however you said you read the Bible through many times so it seems you don't know what a lost person is and that they cannot understand the word of God because the spirit of God is not in them. Re-read all of 1Corinthians again.

please note raised in an evangelical home or attending a Christian school does not make a person saved. Nor does not attending secular events or depriving your life of certain things. It can make a lost person just Religious, and the world is full of them.

There are actions taken by your gods in the bible that simply can't be justified by any caring person. This is why decent Christians either realize this and take it more allegorically or they abandon the religion altogether and just keep their faith in a more abstract form of divinity.

The more stubborn ones will either double-down and get literal with it (those are the ones who kill people and blow stuff up) or they cherry-pick the sins they will judge others for.

So when you tell a person they are "lost" just because they have a more critical view of the Christian bible than you do, it's understandable that the person may object to it. To many, it is you who are lost (some would say trapped).

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

In all the texts God always sends a messenger to offer repentance before he destroys them.

Everything else is natural disasters and the evils that come at the hands of freewill.

When God is ready to pass judgment he will let everyone know in advance. That is his MO, and he is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Just because he predicted what men would do with thier freewill, doesn't mean he is directing the destruction.
edit on 28-6-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

We who have many years experience in reading the Bible have learned how God Judges and in his longsuffering see how he does it in order to give a man or a nation time to repent.

he used drought, storms, floods, animal attacks, wars, and crime to show his judgement.

Yet America has seen and increase in crime and murder, we are and have been in many wars since the turn of the last century, we suffer drought in our western states and have our crops blasted by storms or washed away in floods, Shark, bear, mountain lion attacks. All of these are happening today and increasing intervals.

Our Nation is under God's judgement but men do not see it or hear it. They will say it is global warming, or natural occurrence instead of admitting we are wicked and deserve his judgement and then repenting and turning to him for forgiveness.

You talk like a true watcher. God bless you.

Some people expect God to appear to preform any act but in reality he does his work from the spiritual world we call heaven meaning you will see his judgement but you will not see him doing it. God issues a decree and his servants (angels) and his will is done.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

you guys should re read in a week or so what you wrote here...

is hilarious .. Anybody more ragehol ? I can hook you all up - let me know..

reminds me of that new charlie sheen show...

edit on 29-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

We who have many years experience in reading the Bible have learned how God Judges and in his longsuffering see how he does it in order to give a man or a nation time to repent.

he used drought, storms, floods, animal attacks, wars, and crime to show his judgement.

No he hasn't. Science has shown EXACTLY where all of those things come from, and the answer isn't god.

Yet America has seen and increase in crime and murder, we are and have been in many wars since the turn of the last century, we suffer drought in our western states and have our crops blasted by storms or washed away in floods, Shark, bear, mountain lion attacks. All of these are happening today and increasing intervals.

It's called Global Warming. It's Humans' fault, not god's fault.

Our Nation is under God's judgement but men do not see it or hear it. They will say it is global warming, or natural occurrence instead of admitting we are wicked and deserve his judgement and then repenting and turning to him for forgiveness.

Yeah we say these things because we have WAY more evidence to support those assertions than some old man in the sky mad at us for breaking some arbitrary rules.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: deathslayer

Some people expect God to appear to preform any act but in reality he does his work from the spiritual world we call heaven meaning you will see his judgement but you will not see him doing it. God issues a decree and his servants (angels) and his will is done.

No, he always sends a messenger or messengers in human form before he judges. In this way his judgment is always righteous. In Sodom he sent 2 angles that had the form of men, to Pharoh he sent Moses and Noah preached to the people before the flood.

We may destroy ourselves with our freewill. And this destruction may be what is predicted in Revelation.

But when God is ready to judge he will reveal his messenger. After the messenger is heard then God's judgment will begin. This is how God always judges men, not holding them accountable for the sins taught them by their forefathers, but rather calling them to repentance.

edit on 29-6-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Pretty sure drunk drivers is just people murdering each other. Cuz that's what drunk driving is, The equivalent of murder.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
How is crime and murder slowing down? Some crazy shiznit is going down in the middle East. Displacement of people via War. WARRRRRRRRRRR

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

God is Love. God heals. God is patient. God is kind. God does not envy nor gets boastful. God is not judging, but bringing Mercy, Healing, and Love to the world.

God is not an evil tree giving evil fruit. You will know them by their fruits.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Starting to really enjoy your posts.
Great messages in peach also.
Just gonna add "stop buying stuff love is the answer!".

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply too: arpgme

the preserved word is not love but Charity and Charity is much wider and greater than just love. Learn what true charity and defined int he Bible then you will see it is more than mere love.

edit on 30-6-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

He has already called us to repentance. Gentiles are not offered the same heads up as Israel. But Judgement is the same.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

God is Love.
Love is patient, Love is kind.
Charity is patient, Charity is kind.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Our Nation is under God's judgement but men do not see it or hear it.

Oddly enough, my sacrificed goat didn't seem to help either....(hey, it worked for Abel, well, for a while...)...

Oh wait, that's Old Testament stuff....before he became a dad.
He mellowed out a bit after that....

Taking a look at the scoreboard, the contender has a pretty big lead.

Wait, what's the reward again? Oh yeah, being this guy's slave in Heaven, worshiping him.

Just how does this sell?

All kidding aside, WE (as a society) are to blame for the bad things in the world, not a god.
It will only change if WE change them. That said, there are bad things that happen that aren't our fault at all. Is god behind it? Is he behind it when babies die? What did they do? While this may have been ignored by folks hundreds of years ago, we just don't buy it these days.

Believe it or not, non-Christians (or even non-believers in any god), can still be just, and moral people. There are certain "golden rule" behaviors that simply transcend religion. (or indeed, that are embraced by all)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

you are correct we are to blame because of our wickedness and unwillingness to believe in God.

Able made a sacrifice of a lamb not a kid goat. Able was killed by Cain. Able may have had children but I believe he did not or the scriptures would have told us so.

God is a god of Love. Jesus never enslaves anyone for eternity, which on your part is a failed attempt to read into scriptures something that is not there. No you will either live with him forever enjoying eternity with him if you are saved, or you will live eternity without him in a place of his final judgement if you are not saved.

But your unbelief does not negate that Fact that God is real and in control and is not just judging our nation but all nations. this is the preempt to what will come once the gathering takes place, only now is God still being graceful in allowing men to repent and turn to him.

Enjoy yourself today for you know not what tomorrow holds. As for me and mine and those like me we know what it holds and we will live our lives to honor God.

Moral people are just that. But good morals gets no one into Gods heaven beyond the furthest star and beyond the darkness you see beyond that. Paul referred to it as the third heaven.

edit on 1-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join