It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do We Still Deny Ignorance?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hello all,
I have been around ATS for a while. I pop on and off now and again and I can't help but notice.......
Does ATS still "Deny Ignorance" ?
There are some good threads still appearing but they seemed much more in depth before. I wandered the boards for a long time before joining in 2010 and it seems we have.......fallen, if you will.
So? Does ATS still deny ignorance? Or did it give up that fight?

PS. Still love the site.
edit on 28-6-2015 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

No one knows the universal truth.

Each discoveries we make brings us closer to it.

But then, each mistakes we make also make us less ignorant.

Denial of ignorance cannot come without the critism of the most common ideas. For what good is a "truth" if it only is a mask for one's ignorance?

A flag for the original post!

edit on 28-6-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

some embrace it with both arms....names withheld, of course

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

If by 'some' you mean roughly 75% of ATS' membership (that's a conservative estimate), then I'd have to agree.

(post by soulpowertothendegree removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance

originally posted by: jimmyx

If by 'some' you mean roughly 75% of ATS' membership (that's a conservative estimate), then I'd have to agree.

I was trying to be kind, so those are your words not mine

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I stand by them.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There are many incredibly ignorant users on here, and many users that are too stupid to recognize their own ignorance.

Many, many users on here just jump on the Alex Jones / Jesse Ventura / David Icke conspiracy theory bandwagons and think they are "awake" when in fact they've only just joined another flock with a different shepherd telling them what to think.

People who think for themselves and come up with their own ideas are very, very few and far between on this site.

When you do put yourself out there, all the people who think they're awake but are actually just sheeple in a different flock jump all over you.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
ATS is not an entity, so it cannot deny anything.

Do we see more and more members faithfully putting in the effort to deny ignorance?

Hardly.

You attract what you think, feel and discuss the most, so it would only seem natural that the less members on ATS denying ignorance, the more ignorance we attract. I only hope what little torch left we carry can help illuminate the path of new members.

I carried a heavy burden upon finding this place and I learned to think more critically and develop a greater sense of my surroundings. Everyone is like a flower that blossoms at different moments in time. We can only help them grow until they are ready.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Many embrace it with arms wide open... and give it a bear hug.

These kind are ease to spot. They label others they don't agree with by political affiliations (Ex. Conservative) or seek to squash all debate by labeling others they don't agree with as racist, bigots, etc..

And in relation to current events that have pre occupied our country, over more pressing and serious events we should be focusing our time and energy on, they repeat the narrative of events that the media wants you to believe ad nauseam.

They have bought the lie hook line and sinker.

Heck you can see some in this thread.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
ATS is not an entity, so it cannot deny anything.

Do we see more and more members faithfully putting in the effort to deny ignorance?

Hardly.

You attract what you think, feel and discuss the most, so it would only seem natural that the less members on ATS denying ignorance, the more ignorance we attract. I only hope what little torch left we carry can help illuminate the path of new members.

I carried a heavy burden upon finding this place and I learned to think more critically and develop a greater sense of my surroundings. Everyone is like a flower that blossoms at different moments in time. We can only help them grow until they are ready.

That's more like it.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

No one knows the universal truth.

Oh, is that the 'Univesral Truth'?

There are no ultimate truths or half truths, just the truth of something, an event or issue.

How we find that is bit by bit, adding up the truth, or all of a sudden, like Aha!

Aha moments are the best.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Deny...embrace... It's hard to tell

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
There more liberals on ATS now, if that help answer your question.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

What exactly can ATS deny or embrace?

NOTHING...

It's all user generated content (that would be YOU, ME, and everyone else who posts here), ATS is nothing but a sounding board for the masses who discover it.

If your version of "denying ignorance" isn't what you're finding here, I'd suggest you add it to the mix.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Now, Springer, let's be honest about your denying ignorance of your own rules. You know that is not a true statement, it has some exceptions that we all know about and support to a large degree.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Wish I was able to star some of these post, just to show that I agree.
Not e sure if the "Alex Jones / Jesse Ventura / David Icke conspiracy theory bandwagons " were a good addition or not. But that is just my opinion.

@Spriner, I thought that was a leading theme of this site at one time? ATS "Deny Ignorance".
Like I said I love the site and plan to continue my membership. I was just making an observation.
edit on 28-6-2015 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Perhaps a definition of what the motto is supposed to imply might help, I suppose it is up to each individual to decide what it is supposed mean. My apologies if anything I posted prior was deemed inappropriate and offensive.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The Neverending Story

Like just about everything else on ATS, Denying Ignorance is entirely optional. Whether or not it happens is entirely up to us collectively as members, and none of us can do it alone.

Thankfully, there are still plenty of members who are passionate in their search for the fleeting glimpses of truth buried under the tons of lies through which we all wade each day.

As long as that's the case, I will continue to draw inspiration from it, and hope you will, too.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Ignorance is bliss.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join