It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'You must kill us first, but we're Muslim': Tourist reveals how hotel workers formed 'human shield'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: mortex

Oh, no, absolutely no one would ever do anything like that.

Hate to break this to you, but people put themselves in harms way on a daily basis.

If you actually read my post instead of rushing off to respond in anger as if you are some social order crusader, you'd have seen that I never said that nobody would do that.

How many trained LEO or military do you see in the picture of those who supposedly stood up and formed a human shield?
Do you see a line of LEO or military?

Tell me, how many of you on here you are applauding and falling over your selves to heap praise on these imaginary heroes, would stand up to a terrorist shooting up a beach with an assault rifle?

Don't bother answering because the answer is no ordinary citizen would do that.
Life isn't a Hollywood movie like the media portrays for your entertainment and consumption. You aren't action heroes. You aren't super heroes. Of course you probably believe that the passengers of the flight that crashed in Pensylvania also stood up to the terrorists. Such naive and gullible people on ATS these days.
Your first instinct and reaction will be to run and hide. And that's exactly what you would do. You would not stand up to a terrorist with a kalishnikov, nor would any other ordinary person.

It's so bleeding obvious with this one as well. "You have to go through us first..oh btw, we are muslim like you.."
Yeh...right.

Open your damn eyes people. You are being played..again..

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Except it was the guests that claimed that the staff did these acts.. not the staff claiming they did this.

It's sad in these sorts of threads.. where someone did something considerate, kind, heroic, selfless.. that there is a group of folks that feel it is their duty to try to point out or prove that no such acts exist in the world. Cop helping a homeless person? Agenda. Employees trying to save their guests? Lies.. didn't happen. And so on.. every time.

The world actually has a lot of folks that will do amazing deeds under possible danger or even death.. it's one of the kind of neat features of humanity that often gets downplayed or completely ignored.

As far a the Muslim comment went, I figure they were banking that perhaps that shooter would not want to hurt a fellow Muslim.. he was shooting for Westerners. Regardless their act was selfless and brave, and it's a pity you feel the need to remove their acts.. many of them who are now dead.. because you personally feel there was an agenda.. or lies.. or that the world just doesn't have folks brave enough to do such a deed.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Too bad his last heroic feat was to block a door rather than draw a 357 or a P220 or something and heroically end the assault with a spray of bullets, with better results, including his own life.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Here is another spin to the story.
A newspaper in Germany used this photo in a story today (sry, no interwebs article, just good old paper
) to spin the story, that the local hotel and beach security were merely watching the shooter from a distance and not trying to stop him.
So.. what's the truth?
When was the photo taken? Before, after or at the time the killing took place?
Is this really a "human shield" (btw a long way behind and not in front of him actively trying to stop him) or are these merely bystanders/watchers that know they won't be shot because he assured local people, that they are not going to get shot?

I don't know what to believe at the moment to be honest but I hope, that hotel and beach staff tried to protect the tourists.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Great thread Storm

Shame that the haters are gonna hate on this thread ;((

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Just found out I guy who I worked with , his wife got killed and I'm actually warmed by the actions of some of the Muslims , and I never thought I'd say it .

Some of the hotel workers chained the doors and stood guarding the Brits with knives .

edit on 29-6-2015 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
They were protecting the tourists and it was very brave of them, but what's a shame and they probably know all too well this, without tourism they are totally f***ed! This one shooter, along with the museum shooters, have more than likely crippled Tunisia's tourism industry for the time being.

Only 20% of Muslims are believed to have extremist beliefs across the global Islamic population of 1 billion...That's still 200 million!!! How many did it take to carry out 11/11 or 7/7, how many the Kuwait mosque attack, or other very numerous attacks across the Middle East. It doesn't take that many to cause acts of great barbarity and evil to create the terror that comes with such acts.

You have to remember that Islam, along with the other Abrahamic religions, focuses on death, life after death, heaven when you die, eternal paradise upon death...Life is filled with sin, life is evil, life is a test, you will be punished for your sins...When you are dealing with an ideology that focuses on death, where is the life? Just as when it focuses on the total obedience of its followers, where is the love? With such an ideology there are those that will focus on the positive, but it doesn't take much to divert their eyes to the negative as the consequences of disobedience is always constant.

These men were brave, but there was a factor to consider that this guy was not targeting them so they could take the chance, still a brave move. Would they have been as brave if he was targeting everyone?
T

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
What people do not understand is that the rules and morales there are completely different from here. We look at what the workers did and see them through our rules and conduct codes and see them as heros, but the fact is they were in no real danger, the killer is going to paradise for killing non muslims, if he had knowingly killed muslims some of them might of been from the same sect as he there for he would go to hell. Understand hell holds such horror for him that he will do anything not to go there, indeed that is why so many of these killers laugh and smile wile they are killing for they know they are going to paradise. So the workers were in no real danger, the only question is did the workers care enough for the infidels to try and save them or did they just not want to clean the mess up

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Tell that to the thousands of Muslims shot, beheaded, and blown up by fellow Muslims. Including members of their own sect.
edit on 6/29/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

They were killed by there own sect becouse they were seen to betray the sect, and if they were killed wile a member of there sect was doing "gods" work they too go to paradise. If you wish to understand a culture learn how they think

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Thats sick if true.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

A tip of the hat to the brave souls who attempted to shield their fellow Man.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
A question , why are you addressing the "youth", is Islam only a religion for young impressible people? young people who are easily manipulated? why not address every one? Remember it is the people who are killing in the name of Islam that need to change, not the people who are beaning killed. Perhaps it might be best to put your own house in order, then start talking.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
18 of my fellow people are dead, and i'm guessing this will ignite a more stern approach to the race wars.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

At last count 27 people have lost there lives.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Speechless and appalled, but it will never end, and I don't know where the end could even begin.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

And many more will lose there lives, the people who are behind the killing are a sub culture of Islam, a culture that uses Islam for there own gains, picking what they want from the religion to serve them self s not God, it is there hope to draw the west into a war so they can say the west is at war with all Muslims, there hope all Muslims will join the war to end western civilization. If we dont go to war they will keep killing us in increasing numbers even to the point of using a THE bomb. If we go to war we run the risk of having to fight all Muslims to the bitter end. If anyone has a workable answer that does not include mass genocide of "them" or "us" please let me know.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Talliostro
A newspaper in Germany used this photo in a story today (sry, no interwebs article, just good old paper
) to spin the story, that the local hotel and beach security were merely watching the shooter from a distance and not trying to stop him.
So.. what's the truth?

Who knows, conflicting stories all around. best just believe what you want to believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join