It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'You must kill us first, but we're Muslim': Tourist reveals how hotel workers formed 'human shield'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Sorry for the delay many of the replies to me are not coming into my inbox .

Your position points out the different perspectives of different people. Myself I believe I have the courage and will to intervene and attempt to save lives. The problem is no one ever knows until they are put in that position. Someone that thinks they would not make the sacrifice might be the first one to stand up .

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Perhaps so. But I've no desire to ever be forced to find out.

Kudos to them. I certainly hope the resort gives 'em a raise, I do believe they've earned it.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: igor_ats
The whole point of terrorism is to destabalize an area so that the fanatics can take over. No more tourism money since no wants to go there, things get worse and worse for everyone in the long run, everyone there knows what they're trying to do so it's simple self-preservation.

Are you are suggesting that these lifeguards, at the moment they were staring down the barrel of a madman's gun, were thinking strategically about how this incident might affect their economy...and that was their motivation for what they did?

If so, then they should collectively be up for both the Nobel Peace Prize - and the Nobel Prize for Economics!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I like to think I would too. But I'll never know until, God forbid, that moment comes.

Everyone likes to believe that when it comes to where the rubber meets the road they'll do the right thing...

I've stepped in on other occasions, but nothing like after witnessing someone massacre so many.

My uncertainty only makes my unbounded respect that much greater.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Total respect to those who stood up, but totally understanding those that couldn't.

The majority of Muslims do not want this kind of Islam being enforced upon them, it is too fundamental for those that have experienced the lure of the money.

My heart goes out to the victims and my gratitude to the Tunisians, who rely relatively heavy on the tourism industry, being that it provides around 15% of GDP.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I saw that picture at first and the article didn't know if that was before the guy started shooting or after....glad the poster started this thread so we know...tyhose people were very brave to do that

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Some will still say Muslims secretly agree to the terrorism done by crazy nutcases who do it in the name of Islam while yelling God is great. I guess in this case it will be claimed that these heroic Muslims were the wrong kind of Muslims and the idiot with the gun was the true Muslims because there is no such thing as a peaceful Muslim.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

originally posted by: igor_ats
The whole point of terrorism is to destabalize an area so that the fanatics can take over. No more tourism money since no wants to go there, things get worse and worse for everyone in the long run, everyone there knows what they're trying to do so it's simple self-preservation.

Are you are suggesting that these lifeguards, at the moment they were staring down the barrel of a madman's gun, were thinking strategically about how this incident might affect their economy...and that was their motivation for what they did?

If so, then they should collectively be up for both the Nobel Peace Prize - and the Nobel Prize for Economics!

why_not_both.gif
Oh definitely, the bigger picture is about protecting their whole community/country etc. than just one thing like you think. The terrorists want to make tunisia some Istanbul type region so it's easier for fanaticism take over, it's no mystery. The "we're Mulsim too" makes sense in this context of the wider general agenda.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

These shootings are getting ridiculous. This one was obviously the result of Mulsim extremists, as the shooter was tied to ISIS.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
Some will still say Muslims secretly agree to the terrorism done by crazy nutcases who do it in the name of Islam while yelling God is great. I guess in this case it will be claimed that these heroic Muslims were the wrong kind of Muslims and the idiot with the gun was the true Muslims because there is no such thing as a peaceful Muslim.

I think like many of us they don't know what to do and are afraid of the consequences.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

The bravery gave me chills, if no one has posted the image yet it is certainly deserving. It looks to me like the employees mentioned were the lifeguards .

I don't see no human shield there. All I see is a guy walking in the foreground with an assault rifle and people in the background standing around possibly walking at a slower pace behind him.
They could be doing anything, but a human shield is not what it looks like.

Who in their right mind would put them selves between a gunman with an assault rifle and strangers? Perhaps the police or a soldier, but ordinary people would not have the courage. Police and soldiers would because they'd likely have bullet proof vests on so they'd have some protection.

Funny how crazy muslim terrorists launch almost simultaneous attacks on three continents, and we now have reverse propaganda from the media..and from the daily fail of all places(lol).

If you believe this nonsense, then you'll believe that if you give me your bank account details and logons, that I'll help you financially.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Oh, no, absolutely no one would ever do anything like that.

Hate to break this to you, but people put themselves in harms way on a daily basis.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex

What Seagull said... I've put myself in the breach to shield others from violence on a couple of occasions... I've had others do it for me, on a couple occasions (one, a black kid, when I was a kid, went up against a gang of thugs on his own)... I'm betting there's a lot of folks here who have as well... and I know quite a number of folks who have done so, some under withering fire...

Many folks do so, as SG said, "every day".

Why you WOULDN'T mortex... is something I'll leave you to extrapolate for yourself, if you even care to bother.

...wouldn't have believed it mortex, if I hadn't seen your post. LOL...

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ramsontop

Sadly, I doubt it will even be mentioned by the MSM

Not to be pedantic, but......it's the MSM that is reporting it!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I am verklempt over this.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: mobiusmale

...and yet, their faith was a shield wasn't it? The power of faith can lead to great evil, but it can lead to incredible courage, as well.

That post is going to make me think a while...I suspect that post hints at both the problem and the solution.
edit on 28-6-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Due to their heroic actions I hope that they were send straight to heaven. These kind of people deserved to go to heaven.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

originally posted by: Greathouse

The bravery gave me chills, if no one has posted the image yet it is certainly deserving. It looks to me like the employees mentioned were the lifeguards .

Who in their right mind would put them selves between a gunman with an assault rifle and strangers? Perhaps the police or a soldier, but ordinary people would not have the courage. Police and soldiers would because they'd likely have bullet proof vests on so they'd have some protection.

Strange..

Do you also doubt that Suicide Bombers exist? Who in their right mind would freely blow themselves up?

Or do you wholly accept that possibility, whilst dismissing any possibility of selfless courage in the name of good?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: ketsuko

Perhaps so. But I've no desire to ever be forced to find out.

Kudos to them. I certainly hope the resort gives 'em a raise, I do believe they've earned it.

More like medals!

These guys took a big risk to save the lives of innocent people. Their courage is admirable, I hope I can do something as great one day.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Now that is really something! That's the sort of thing we need to see more of, from people claiming a religion of peace. A willingness to die for someone else is a true act of love. Horrible what the shooter did, but wonderful to see such an act from a group of people trying to stop some of the killing!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join