It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im stuck in London, someone pick me up!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Gosh, just when it seemed like there were enough people involved to figure out how to get him some money, he vanished and now it's been a day and half since he's been on the board.

We can only hope that some good hearted stranger helped you out, but by now you should be somewhere that you can get back online.

I do hope you have a chance today to tell us you are okay and fill us in on the outcome of your adventure.

Getting worried now.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm getting a little worried to. Maybe the BT internet thing found out it was a non activated credit card and cut off the internet service to him. Just when we got some people that could help. Hope you're all right Sim.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Alright, Sim, you're not punished...GET IN TOUCH!!!!!

I take it all back.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I was in the french foriegn legion for 7 years, if your in trouble I have a ton of friends in europe that can help you out just let me know where your at and I can get help to you. if your out of resources I can tell you where you can get a job and a place to stay. I can also arrange some transportation for you.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This is getting disturbing now.

I wish we would hear from him.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Im worried too...
Any more news?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
I'm getting a little worried to. Maybe the BT internet thing found out it was a non activated credit card and cut off the internet service to him. Just when we got some people that could help. Hope you're all right Sim.

First can someone tell me what at BT card is? I have never heard of BT prior to this thread.

One thing that comes to mind is perhaps he may have tried to use it and was arrested. I hate to think of that, but it could be a possibility.

Sim where are you? You have everyone worried.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
BT = British Telecom Its the biggest Uk phone company, You can get these cards that you put money on, so you can use phone boxs ect through out the UK,

Hoping he is ok and checks in soon,

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I used BTinternet for a few months until I learned better. What a pile of
- up and down like a yoyo, normally on Sundays (and we all know what Pisky thinks of Sunday's don't we ?)

Eventually I'd had enough of losing valuable IM time with KayEm, and moved to AOL. Much better - I think I only had two connection crashes in the almost 2 years I was with AOL, compared to at least eight per week (normally lasting for at least 2-3 hours per crash) from BTinternet.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Okay, he has been totally inactive since his last post in this thread. (Sunday night just before 11PM London time). This is really getting worrisome, but I can't think of anything we can do but wait.

We were almost considering in chat after he vanished some of the signs that he could have been just toying with us, but at this point it seems unlikely, since he hasn't even signed on since then.

Wherever you are Simulacra, please have a safe and Happy New Year.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I sure hope we don't have to take up a collection to bail him out or something....

Dammit, Sim, where the heck are ya??

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Thinking about ringing a few places up to see what happened, but i dont know his real name
this is getting abit worrying now

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Im typing on a belgian keyboard, the letters are a little different so bear with me. First off I want to say thank you for all those that responded to this thread. I really needed help and you guys came to the rescue. Thats amazing. Honestly. Never in my life would I have thought that an internet forum would actually come to help one of their members in a desperate time of need. We exist digitally, we have digitized personas. But what just happened on this board was probably the most compassionate thing a group of strangers has ever done for me. However, I now know that you arent strangers. We are a community.

Once again, Thank you

This message is taking ages to type but let me give you a quick update:
- I couldnt find anywhere to sleep so I lined up 3 chairs and slept on them. The next day I found out that it was -6 degrees below.

- I managed to find a bag of half eaten cheetos and snacked on those all night.

- I got a new ticket and boarded the train to Belgium at 7am the next morning.

- Finally got some money!

It's hard to get internet access here (especially hard if you dont speak the language) so this is probably going to be my last post until around the 4th or 5th. I picked up a few gifts for some of the members that offered to wire cash into my account and other extremly helpful things so I'll shoot you a u2u to get your address. I think you're going to like them.

Oh, by the way...Happy New Years! Ill give you the full update on what happened when I go back home.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
THANK GOD!!
You had us worried then, dont do it again

take care, glad your fine

JAK

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Good to see you Simulacra.

Jack

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
YAY! Our little lost lamb has wandered back into the farmyard!

I'm glad you are okay.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Good thing your alive. We all thought you were dead. Dont scare us like that

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Thank God you're ok! Wow must of been one hell of an experience. Make sure to tell us all about it when you get back. Have a drink for me

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I've been following this thread from the beginning... and it's awesome to know you're ok, Sim. Have a good and safe jouney back to the US.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
YAY!!!!!
Happy new year, Sim'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join