It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im stuck in London, someone pick me up!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The ATS'ers seem to be giving you plenty of information Simulacra. Sorry I know nothing about your area. Like one suggested you may want to contact the nearest police officer or church. If they are like the churches in the states they may have clothing put back, for their rummage sales.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
020 7233 0296

Thats the number for the salvation army shelter at St James's park. Thats about a 15 minute walk from Parliament.

Call em and ask. Its a hostel.

Thank you Nerdling. I just called them up and they told me they have no vacancies. When i asked them about free food, they told me the canteen closed at 8. Running into one brick wall after another!

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
Sim, do you have a Paypal account?

Yes I do! Bringrice@hotmail.com. Ill take any christmas donations to get me something to eat and a place to crash at.

Edit: although im not sure how this will work out with the current situation im in.

[edit on 12/26/2004 by Simulacra]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Yes I do! Bringrice@hotmail.com. Ill take any christmas donations to get me something to eat and a place to crash at.

Sim, I just tried to send you some dollars and it's saying "This recipient is currently unable to receive money."

Is anything open over there? A grocery, some place with a Western Union?

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
do you have a visa or anything?

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
Sim, I just tried to send you some dollars and it's saying "This recipient is currently unable to receive money."

Is anything open over there? A grocery, some place with a Western Union?

Once again thank you for your help. I checked my paypal account and their are 'holds' on it. Im going to call up Paypal and see if they can fix it.

As for a Western Union, im going to run outside and see if I can see any. Ill let you know.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
do you have a visa or anything?

I have a bank of america visa that im currently using for this BT internet deal. However, get this. The card isnt even activated! So im not sure what BT is doing, however ill use it to my advantage. Ill see if i can get a hotel and food with this card. Be right back.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
If it's food you want, try to find a take-away thats open and post the phone number on here. Someone can then phone thru an order for you for you to pick up? Somewheres gotta be open surely as not everyone celebrates christmas. Good luck. Where are you now?

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Try to find an ASDA or Safeway or anything and ask for cashback.

Try calling a local pizza hut and seeing if you can pay by credit card. They'll deliver if you explain,

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Note: I think its one of those things where if i leave, i cant re-enter the train station. That would be problem #88 of the night

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Banshee we are very proud of your effort! That was a very charitable thing to do!!!

I am sure that your kindness will be returned.

Here is a link where you can look up the local western unions.
www.westernunion.co.uk...

However, it may be easier at this point to book a cheap room for him nearby online.

[edit on 26-12-2004 by makeitso]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Banshee we are very proud of your effort! That was a very charitable thing to do!!!

I am sure that your kindness will be returned.

Here is a link where you can look up the local western unions.
www.westernunion.co.uk...

However, it may be easier at this point to book a cheap room for him nearby online.

[edit on 26-12-2004 by makeitso]

Agreed, can someone help you locate a place?

[edit on 12/26/2004 by Relentless]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
From what i know the Dome www.theglobeandmail.com...

is taking people in over xmas, Im not sure if there is a closing time, ect but it may be worth a go, Also you should really try and get to a police station they may put you up over night

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Instead of wasting time on this, ask someone for a few bob, call the police and they will help you.

Your lucks out tomorrow too, the banks are shut until Tuesday lol, and you will be lucky if it is not wednesday, only some are opening up on Tuesday

Western Union transfers are usually next business day, so since it's bank holiday on mon, the post offices will probably be shut too.

Go to the police, ask for their phone, activate your visa and draw up to 500 pounds from a ATM.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopdopey
Western Union transfers are usually next business day,

Western Union transfers are instantaneous, and they have pickup centers in groceries, gas stations, convenience stores, etc. It's just a matter of finding something that's open.
Now where did Sim go.....?

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's different in the Uk Banshee, you can't just pick them up from shops, most don't do them. It would either be a Western Union office, a post office, or a bank.

And they're all shut until Tuesday. Not sure about Western Union offices in London but i would gather they will be shut on the bank holiday too.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
well, if Sim comes back,
The western union locations do indicate that they are in grocieries, pharmacies, and hundreds of other corner gas and groceries stores.
www.westernunion.co.uk... use the find agent link top right an input london uk.

On another note, here is a link I used to locate nearby hotels.
just search waterloo train station from the find hotels on www.londontown.com There are also maps of the area easily found from this site. www.londontown.com/maps

Of course you will need to u2u so that you can register in his name if you book a room.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Sim - if you come back and are still stranded, say you are here and go to chat so we can try to figure this out together for you.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I live in Chesterfield, bit north of London, about 200 miles tbh but nothing to the US peeps on here, thats just round the corner. Will only take about 2.5 hours to drive down. But if peeps want to chip in on petrol costs, then I will drive down and pick you up. You can stay the night or what ever and catch the Eurostar to Belgium from Sheffield.

Got loads of turkey left and gammon so will fat you up before you leave on your adventures. Oh and plenty of Stellas to swill down the Chrismas feast as well!

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Forget the Western Union and don't come on here, just go to a police station and they will fix you up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join