It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outlaw country music and Southern rock !!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Excellent choices! A big shiny star for you.
You're right, not even the tip of the iceberg.
Johnny Cash is one that's hard to put in a category. He's done country and a bit of rock. I think he's also shaped rockabilly. I've heard that he also could be called folk but I don't know about that.

ETA: I don't believe I've ever heard The Mavericks before. Thanks for turning me onto this band.

Actually country music has influenced many musicians .

How many of you knew Led Zeppelin had a country hit?

And let's not forget the Rolling Stones. This got a lot of playtime on country channels the twang is unmistakable .

edit on 28-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I can't believe I never heard that one before. For some reason it reminds me of Me and Bobby McGee.

Slightly off topic: A friend of mine listens to mostly thrash or death metal. He was on my ass once because I got a Johnny Cash CD. I told him that the guys he listens to most likely listened to country, too. He laughed at the idea of it. Well, he got a Cannibal Corpse DVD and was watching the documentary part. The band members are naming their influences and going through their music collections. There was a lot of Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, and one even played a Hank WIlliams, SR. song. It was My Bucket's Got a Hole in it. I looked over at him and laughed my ass off and said, "See, I told you." "Shut up," he said and pouted for about an hour lol.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I don't know genres much, rally...but I know what I like....as far as the Mavericks song...heard it on a TV show...had to look it up.
You never know when you'll see something new and good.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

That's true. I find most of my new stuff here on ATS that other members posted. I have to say that people here have great taste.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I can't believe I never heard that one before. For some reason it reminds me of Me and Bobby McGee.

Slightly off topic: A friend of mine listens to mostly thrash or death metal. He was on my ass once because I got a Johnny Cash CD. I told him that the guys he listens to most likely listened to country, too. He laughed at the idea of it. Well, he got a Cannibal Corpse DVD and was watching the documentary part. The band members are naming their influences and going through their music collections. There was a lot of Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, and one even played a Hank WIlliams, SR. song. It was My Bucket's Got a Hole in it. I looked over at him and laughed my ass off and said, "See, I told you." "Shut up," he said and pouted for about an hour lol.

I had a rather loud discussion with quite a few friends over that topic .

We ended up realizing that almost all modern music found its roots from country music or gospel . Even gangster rap go back and listen to some of the old country balance same style the new music just has a louder and quicker beat. I introduced one of my black friends to meatloaf and he can't get enough of him .

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Oh, man, I love Meatloaf's music. I can't pick just one to be a favorite.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I love outlaw music !

Actually my music tastes span just about every genre, but for me outlaw music is right up there alongside hardcore rock and roll as a regular 'go-to' when the mood strikes.

Here's a few good tunes that nobody has posted yet:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Great songs !!!!

As a matter of fact I was coming here to post can't you see . Lol

So this will have to do instead ........

My bad I think that song was posted already ? To me this song belongs in the southern rock category ......

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

That's true. I find most of my new stuff here on ATS that other members posted. I have to say that people here have great taste.

I love expanding my horizons.

So much on this one thread I havn't even heard.

And having not heard it, how Am I rocking out so hard, and feeling all those emotions, and loving it?

I was just missing out before,
but hey, you can't see it all at once.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

lol @ Black Betty

I was going to post that one too.

Heh... I could sit here all day posting outlaw and country tunes, but I don't want to torture you guys with 6000 youtube vids.

Here's my fav Allman Brothers song:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Dang we are on the same wavelength ??

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 28-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Ooooo ! Whipping Post, another awesome one !

Here's an oldie but a goodie from Mountain:

Why do I suddenly feel like having some shots of Wild Turkey bourbon...?!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Drink one for my grandfather..

Was his favorite.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

How did I forget copperhead road ????

I think Jerry Reed mixed the boundaries between a rock and country. when I was young I absolutely loved him because you can hear the enjoyment he gets out of performing in his voice while he singing .

This is a country song in the style of country. It is also one of the funniest songs I know.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Yup, Wild Turkey is a nice sipping bourbon. I haven't had a bottle of that stuff in years.

Here's the ultimate Lynyrd Skynyrd song (for me anyways) to go with that Wild Turkey... the world lost Ronnie Van Zant way way too early:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Ooooo ! Whipping Post, another awesome one !

Here's an oldie but a goodie from Mountain:

Love it!!!!!

we both skipped a bad ass Allman Brothers song .

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

we both skipped a bad ass Allman Brothers song

LOL

There's far too many great songs out there to get them all posted here... Midnight Rider, classic !

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Some of the finest songwriters in America....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Unless I missed it, I didn't see Waylon Jennings. When I hear this song I think about today's country. I don't think Hank would have done it this way.

This song makes me want to drink.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join