It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Ansar Al Sunnah releases footage of Dec 21 Mosul attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The insurgent group, Ansar al-Sunnah has released footage of the suicide bomb attack that took place in Mosul last week.

The footage of the explosion is not that great but it seem to confirm that it was a suicide bomb and not a rocket attack.

BBC
It shows three guerrillas dressed in black and wearing face masks, describing the plan to blow up the mess hall.

Map of Iraq
One of the men said a member of the group would be breaking into the base during the changing of guards.

"This lion will then proceed to his target and we will take advantage of lunch time.

"He will storm the dining room where the crusaders and their (Iraqi) allies are gathered," the man said before embracing the apparent bomber, wearing a vest loaded with explosives.

A later shot shows what seems to be the explosion at the base, and a final image the torn tent.

I downloaded a copy of the video today from a Jihad site.
The links to the video are below. They are both of the same file, one is just a backup.

2004-12-21 Ansar Al Sunnah attack on Mosul camp in Iraq (Arabic) Al-Musel.zip

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
lol they are more organised then people give credit for them

you got the link to the video clip?
since the bbc doesnt

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Seem's such like an easy target. a tent with a 100's of US troops right beside a highway.

Why don't they just eat by them selves at base. Why come together to create a massive great target for teh allah worshipers.

[edit on 26-12-2004 by Thinker]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
lyou got the link to the video clip?
since the bbc doesnt

I included the link in my original post.

The first three minutes are just of the guy reading off a paper, the attack is near the end.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
that arnt zip files ( anyone thing that is already uloaded to the net )
which i can watch in a live stream ( i dont like downloading,
maybe when i upgrade my connection to 8mb )

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
lol they are more organised then people give credit for them

underestimating your enemy is always a FATAL mistake!

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Few things.. why is he reading off a paper doesnt he already know what hes gonna say?? Second thing one of the guys looks like he has desert camo on.. the guy to the right of the speaker when he puts his hand up you can see a brown like clothing maybe desert camo? and thats how he got in? and one last thing is that a military knife hes holding when pointing to the map?

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

why is he reading off a paper doesnt he already know what hes gonna say??

i belive he had a lot to say, it looked to me more of a prayer/preacher text.

Second thing one of the guys looks like he has desert camo on.. the guy to the right of the speaker when he puts his hand up you can see a brown like clothing maybe desert camo? and thats how he got in?

do you mean how he got in the tent? let me tell you something, there is ALWAYS a way IN.

and one last thing is that a military knife hes holding when pointing to the map?

i think its a bayonete knife for ak47 kalashnikov automatic rifle.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
US propoganda media machines were so quick to suggest inside job of the Iraqi security force, or insurgent sympathizers, terrorist bomber dressed in US uniform incognito etc.

Why was the tent location so close to the perimeter fence? A shabby 8-10ft fence at best. Well, like we've seen so many times in the past, let's hope the US will beef up security/procedure and do it's best not to relive a simular attack.

From the road where the insurgents filmed the aftermath, the clear cut path without any indication of security is frightning.

top topics

join