It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why 50 plus years of stereo typing?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

there is a difference between profiles and stereotypes.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

So why don't pray the gay away camps work then?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
My theory:

We live through many lifetimes and incarnations.

In some, we are male. In others, female.

At some point, a soul may just identify with one gender. When it does, and is reborn into the opposite gender, it doesn't keep the soul from wanting what the soul wants. So, a feminine soul, born into a male, may be gay, or even transgender. (looking at you Bruce)...

Of course, nothing saying a feminine soul may also want to just hang around with other female souls (or even male souls that act more male).

Can't prove it, but it certainly seems to fit the bill.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

To you, what are the differences?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

we are not praying them away because this is part of God's judgement for them, however we do pray for them to hear the gospel and get saved.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

It is not according to me but according to that which we have laid down as such so get a dictionary and see for yourself. Start with a 1972 Websters unabridged dictionary. To many words meanings are be changed or morphed because of warped reality in what has been taught many of the those under 55, and that being what has one meaning for me has a different meaning for you.

But that is unreality. So go and see for yourself how words no longer have the meaning they traditionally had. This is more than mere semantics.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Q. Eccl 3:21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

A. God does.

The Word says, Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

You are incorrect

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

we are not praying them away because this is part of God's judgement for them, however we do pray for them to hear the gospel and get saved.

That didn't answer my question. Just danced around it.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I answered your question quite clearly. I wonder only why you don't see it?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Your answer for why Pray the Gay Away camps don't work is because God is preventing them from changing back, even though your OP's premise says that homosexuality is a choice. So apparently, once the choice is made, it can't be unmade. So says God (you).

If they weren't so sad, I'd enjoy laughing at the mental gymnastics Christians go through to justify their intolerance of homosexuality.
edit on 1-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I see.....make me dig for your answer. LOL.

I understand the definitions and meanings of words change, so many words. Just in my lifetime many words have done that - and most *not* in good ways.

The understanding of what's happened in our education system isn't something to be brushed off or the like - I agree with your observance and statement overall.

My daughter had a report to do in 7th grade about the Statue of Liberty, she asked me to read it. The language was simple, surely, but I read through it and was shocked to see her mistake - stating that it was made of ALUMINUM. I told her that it in fact was not and made of copper outsides and cast iron and steel for the inner structure. She was upset and wanted to show me she was right. She took out her HISTORY book and showed it to me, right there, in print, was the explanation of why they made it out of aluminum. I've a photo of it on one of my old hard drives, if I can find it, I'll post it.

There are so many things that have been altered, made less than or left out entirely...

Communication is key, as is true education. While I've turned this post into the education system and it's falterings...I'm just curious enough to go and dig up an old dictionary and take a peek.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Read Romans 1 he gives them over to it.

And like I said we are not praying them away that was part of my answer.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

profiles are a set of descriptions of actions of ( in our case people) that are set in a scientific method of observing. Police are no longer allowed to use profiling (at least not people of color).

stereotypes are preconceived ideas on how people are described to act and then placing them into preconceived rolls because of their actions.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

It's funny how you can't admit to your own hypocrisy. As for Romans 1, Romans is about a bunch of lustful people compiling a LIST of different sins. It isn't about homosexuality. It's about idolatry. But whatever, I don't care about Bible interpretation. I care about your op suggesting that homosexuality is a choice. Which you can't prove. Even parents of gay children can't make their child not gay no matter how hard they try. That is just a FACT you can't get around no matter how much dancing around the point you want to try.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

it is about people who would not retain God in their lives. Go back and read the 6th grade English again and keep the context.

The OP is just about people forcing others into stereo typical behaviour because of their personalities. A man who likes to cook or do interior decoration, style hair or do make up does not mean that person is Gay. that is the point of the OP.

Do you always read into something, something that is not there?

Did you do that with your Reading of Romans 1?

edit on 2-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

it is about people who would not retain God in their lives. Go back and read the 6th grade English again and keep the context.

Exactly. There is no basis for attributing God's displeasure there on homosexuality. It's a compilation of many things that result in their moving away from God.

The OP is just about people forcing others into stereo typical behaviour because of their personalities. A man who likes to cook or do interior decoration, style hair or do make up does not mean that person is Gay. that is the point of the OP.

Do you always read into something, something that is not there?

Heh. Sure if you say so.

Did you do that with your Reading of Romans 1?

I think that getting anti-homosexuality out of Romans 1 is reading something that isn't there. So we're even.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

No Romans 1is not anti homosexual it states he gives men and women over to it as part of depraved minds and hearts, it is part of his judgement

edit on 3-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Well that's an interesting twist!

Though most of the homosexuals I have known would challenge that,
it does have a measure of logic. When we look at the effects of subconscious attitudes on behavior and self image, we've recently found it is much more influencial then once thought. Even a parent, afraid their child might be gay, trying to encourage them to do more culturally masculine type of behavior, the kid would unknowingly be picking up on the message- "I am doing this because you are gay and I don't want you to be".

Who knows, it might have come into play for some people. I imagine that a more masculine oriented girl might find that when pairing with boys, they subtly push her towards acting more feminine, and end up preferring girls, who would be more accepting of her "butch" personality.

-And vice versa.

But then, some people somehow escape that. You see all the time heterosexual couples, in which the woman has a more masculine personality and the man more feminine. That might have come about simply by the environment and caretakers they grew up with, who didn't assume a tomboy had to be a lesbian and an effeminate boy had to be gay?

edit on 3-7-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

No Romans 1is not anti homosexual it states he gives men and women over to it as part of depraved minds and hearts, it is part of his judgement

?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Read it. I lie not. It states quite clearly that they retained not God in their hearts so he gives them over to it.

edit on 4-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join