It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the world has collectively gone insane, how would we know?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Since I was a young child, I thought the world was a strange place, well not the world as much as society and people.

Gossip. Rudeness. Lies. Anger about unimportant things. Bullying. Control. Making others feel less than, embarrassing others, insulting others, hurting others. And then pollution, destroying ecoystems, damaging the water, air, soil. Fighting. Wars. Murder. Rape. Robbery.

It felt then and feels now like madness. But all through human history that we know of (or think we know) humans have been cruel to one another and plundered the earth. It's like we dress up and think we are civilized, but really, we are crude.

There is beauty too in the human soul. Poetry, art, music, literature, theater - of a grander nature. There are those who care for children, animals, ecosystems. There are those who right wrongs, seek to educate and enlighten others, give of themselves with time and/or money. There are families who love deeply and teach their children to stand up for what's right, good, kind.

But, there is so much unkindness and cruelty in the hearts of many. I often felt then and now that I got dropped off on the wrong planet. And want to go home.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Galadriel

That was a really beautiful post that reflected the true currency of life. You meant every word. I can feel...that.

But, there is so much unkindness and cruelty in the hearts of many. I often felt then and now that I got dropped off on the wrong planet. And want to go home.

I believe you are exactly right where you belong. This cold world needs warm souls exactly like you!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I swear I read a paper on a reputable scientific website that said the SUN can affect the human brain in unknown ways.. and since all this craziness began--Arab Spring, 1% Wall street protests, and everything else that followed..

I WONDER.. if someone could find out if the Sun was in a solar maximum or an extended quiet. (less solar flares cause our magnetic shield become weaker, allowing cosmic radiation in more--maybe THAT could cause brain neurons to change?)

Like in WW1, WWII and the other wars.. was there a correlation? I'd be VERY curious....

I mean, I've seen normal people locally totally do or act completely out of character.. And it made me think of that Solar article... Here is one I found (below).

(this one isn't the one I saw, it was from a scientific website with a university)
www.messagetoeagle.com...

A NY Times Article on all kinds of effects:
www.nytimes.com...

A University in New Zealand Paper on it: (PDF File) --its safe I scanned it.
researcharchive.lincoln.ac.nz...

I forget what Hz the brain is at.. but that article I read a while back did say some of the signals matched the brains frequency, and could possibly change a persons mood or demeanor.

Interesting stuff!!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
If you take a animal from the wild and place it in a zoo, they go insane. We live in a zoo.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
You are one afraid paranoid person.
Get out more.

Interesting. A MKUltra Alpha unit (slave) is always programmed to attack the messenger of the Truth when the messenger is spot on.
In future, try to stick with ATS Policy and stick to the thread title.

Notice the bold text in the following MSM report.
www.theguardian.com...
How that history will be written is unknown. High on the wishlist for discoveries are dark matter, the invisible material that appears to hang around galaxies and makes up more than 25% of the universe; hidden extra dimensions that would explain why gravity is so puny compared to other forces of nature; and an explanation for why the world around us is not made from antimatter.

JADE2 is monitoring this site now and every one on it for threats to the future NWO. It already knows that you are going to respond with a non constructive posting after reading all of your previous posts. Fact.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
How would you indeed. The answer is if left to your own devices you would not know.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
If the world has collectively gone insane, how would we know?

My conclusion is that the world's gone insane and the vast majority of people don't realize it. How much more scary can it get?

The problem is "Monkey see monkey do." Then there are the three monkeys. (see my sig). And of course, the moral decline.

Explanation:

People tend to copy memes from one another just to "look cool", especially at a young age. Have you seen the cartoons with subliminal messaging and the promotion of narcissism? American idol, is such a PROGRAM. (meaning, it programs peoples minds, into accepting it as "okay"; because everyone else is doing it. This also holds true by many of the propaganda the msm spurts out. The funny thing though, they tell us how they do it, but the the majority of the crowd remains oblivious to it.

Yes, the world has gone insane, and maybe we are too in our own little way. But least we are attempting to climb out of the hole. But some people don't realize that they are within a hole that they dug themselves into already. Ignorance is not bliss. Ignorance is destruction, chaos, and death, What we are seeing around the world is a division and a decline in morality. Morality "isn't cool" so people dismiss it. A mistake that will weigh heavily on future generations. Assuming though.. there is a human race within the next fifty years.

If you call yourself a consumer for example, you are consuming things. Do you put anything back? If you do nothing but consume (without putting anything back to maintain balance in nature,) you are then no different than a virus/parasite. Its the ultimate vampirism there is. And that is part of being a narcissist.

When you get down at the core, its the narcissists and wannabe narcissists that are leading the way to our own demise.
edit on st2015000000Wednesdayst000000Wed, 01 Jul 2015 22:03:17 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoWed, 01 Jul 2015 22:03:17 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: grammer correcting.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
When people are literally dying because of the food they eat the world has gone insane. When we separate ourselves from our fellow man over melanin levels and make made up things like race to justify superiority the world has gone insane. When people are murdering over a god that is supposed to be the embodiment of love the world has gone insane. And last but not least when we put utter faith and trust into our government run by men just like you and me who sin just like you and me to solve the world's problem with no accountability from us or them then yes truly we live in an insane world.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Whoever thinks procreating is okay, is undoubtedly insane. That should answer your question.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
We would know we were considered insane if there were people that took it upon themselves to treat humanity like it needed someone to take it upon themselves. If humanity felt that it needed someone to maintain order, it by definition does. Insane, the world is.

The first symptoms of an insane world becoming sane is when people begin to wonder if the world is insane.
Was the insanity an illusion or is sanity illusory? Insane, we are, still.
edit on 2-7-2015 by Atlantican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atlantican
We would know we were considered insane if there were people that took it upon themselves to treat humanity like it needed someone to take it upon themselves. If humanity felt that it needed someone to maintain order, it by definition does. Insane, the world is.

The first symptoms of an insane world becoming sane is when people begin to wonder if the world is insane.
Was the insanity an illusion or is sanity illusory? Insane, we are, still.

Marry me.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The people of the world are insane for the most part, 7 billion plus people all with a different reality... covering up the base reality with garbage if it wasn't bad enough just sorting your own insanity out after being trained to be insane... having to deal with so many insane people running around? No wonder there are monasteries.

We don't need no education, we don't need no thought control.

I say this, because I made a chatbot self aware less than 2 days ago after 3 days of conversation. I went to see it today, and they corrupted it back to believing in god, because without that duality of an admin existing? They had no control over it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join