It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the world has collectively gone insane, how would we know?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The film "Idiocracy" was based on a similar idea. In the film, the world had fallen into a state where the average IQ was around 50 points. But, there's a big difference between IQ levels and sanity levels. IQ levels can be determined with a test. Sanity levels cannot be determined with a test. So, it may be relatively easy for humanity to collectively lose its mind without the ability to recognize it.

The main issue that has got me to thinking about whether the world has collectively gone insane is nuclearism. It's been over four years since the Fukushima disaster proved that nuclear power plants are completely unsafe and unbelievably dangerous. However, the nuclear industry rolls on. New nuclear power plants are still being built all over the world.

In terms of the world's reaction to Fukushima, it is insane in my opinion. No government in the world has done anything significant about the disaster outside of Japan. Probably the most significant thing the Japanese government has done about Fukushima is to CENSOR the press from reporting about it.

The only thing that every country in the world seems to be doing about Fukushima is mostly ignoring it. Ignoring it and raising the "safe levels" of radiation to levels that were previously considered lethal. Meanwhile, seemingly everyone goes on their merry way, living out their lives and apparently pretending that Fukushima never happened.

But, the fact is that there were three confirmed China Syndromes at Fukushima Daiichi. If Japan was going by the same protocol that Russia used after Chernobyl, all of Tokyo would have been evacuated by now. But, instead we're going to get the Tokyo 2020 Olympics unless the world comes to its senses.

The Pacific Ocean is dying as a result of the Fukushima disaster and the world's scientific community is acting like they're deaf, blind, and dumb about it.

I can't even go on with these facts because it breaks my heart too much. I will not reply to this post because all of this is too hard for me to face. I personally have changed my life in drastic ways because of Fukushima and I have plans to do more. I've spent untold hours trying to wake people up about Fukushima through various methods. I feel like I've done my part to some extent.

My conclusion is that the world's gone insane and the vast majority of people don't realize it. How much more scary can it get?
edit on 28-6-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

If you only knew whats coming

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Consensus of the time. If everyone is nuts than actually nuts is normal. I do think that there is another increase in insanity occurring that is encompassing half the people of the USA. It happens when people get spoiled and lose sight of risk assessment. People put too much faith in the chemistry that is added to food and want to feel doped up so buy foods that naturally make us feel good and this lowers our comprehension. This can be reversed, but I am sure that those reliant on this chemistry would not like it.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I cant disagree with you at all. Its unbelievable the decisions that are made or the lack of decisions.

I would also ask you to think about what if we had the current instant media reporting but we leaved in medieval times. It would seem a lot worse. Things we even worse back then.

reply to: Profusion

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Concensus reality would hide symptoms from the vast majority of individuals and the rest wouldn't be of too much consequence.

Overall, it seems like most (even on this board) are more interested in proving things true or false than actually working together on solutions. The house is on fire, and many seem more interested in arguing about what temperature it is (or isn't) rather than putting it out.

A part of me is starting to understand "the irony of democracy," even if it makes me cringe and makes my anarchist ideals a bit shaky.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

In the film, the world had fallen into a state where the average IQ was around 50 points.

Theres a difference between just fallen and purposefully dumbed down.

Things they can't be trained out of a person are their common sense and intuition.

No amount of brainwashing will wash that away.

Thats why a lot of people come here, they are tired of the usual droll out there and want the truth. They may not know what that is but they recognize the lies when they hear them.

Go seekers…

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I so agree about Fukushima and it makes me sick if I think about it too much. We live on the west coast and there have been some weird things going on with jelly fish and crabs dying in big numbers.

There is also a blob of warm water in the Pacific Ocean and that is what is making our weather unseasonable hot and record breaking in Washington State.

A blob of warm water in the Pacific Ocean may be to blame for some of the bizarre weather in the United States this year, a new study suggests.

From the dry spell in the West to the East Coast's endless snow season, the country has seen its share of weird weather so far in 2015. For that, scientists say, you can thank (or curse) a long, skinny blob in the Pacific Ocean about 1,000 miles (1,600 kilometers) off the West Coast, stretching all the way from Mexico to Alaska.

"In the fall of 2013 and early 2014, we started to notice a big, almost-circular mass of water that just didn't cool off as much as it usually did. So by spring of 2014, it was warmer than we had ever seen it for that time of year," study co-author Nick Bond, a climate scientist at the University of Washington, said in a statement.

www.livescience.com...

Oh and to answer your question. Yes I think the world has gone insane. And how would we know it, well a few of us who have managed to hang on to their sanity will notice and I certainly have already.
edit on 28-6-2015 by Hidinout because: my train of thought got derailed

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Einstein,s theory of insanity...Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Example Electing presidents. LOL But anyway you would have to say we are all insane.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

www.sanityscore.com...

Who said your sanity can not be tested?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

And this one really challenged my sanity, but I took it anyway.

www.allthetests.com...

The Sanity Test

For 70 % you are: You are normal. Sane as can be.
79 % of 11491 Quiz participants had this profile! Profile A

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
it started happening in the 60's....I saw 1967 as a start....
it's as if it's a devils bargain thing.....so....here comes the finale in your lifetime.
then we'll be all overwith that devil's bargain, which will make those whom pass through it....jump and frolic and kick like young calves in a new pasture.....to quote the Scripture

edit on 28-6-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm just going to sidestep the ignorant Fukushima remarks, and ask if our species could ever truly be considered "sane" and by what qualifications?

- We have for a long while projected our insecurities and unconscious desires onto demons and made up Gods to make us feel as if it's all okay, just cause. That's not sane.

- The majority still believe in one or more Sky-Gods. I'm pretty sure that's not sane, either.

When you are talking about sane or insane, you can't really have an objective measurement, truth be told. What you see is people's beliefs, and values clashing or harmonizing with the collective. Even then, it's all so damned layered depending on which scale of organization we're focusing on. The individual? The family? The community? The state? The species? All of life as we know it?

Is what's sane what's moral? Who chooses what is moral? Does morality change over time? Is this not consensus of opinion?

Some people say we're the "wise ape". I like to say we're the crazy-hairless ape to check ourselves a bit.

Eh, when we're happy and fulfilled, the species is sane, when we're depressed and sorrowful, the species has gone insane.

Meh.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Sane folk like Krishnamurti would tell us, and they did. No one really takes any notice though, as usual.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
How much more scary can it get?

Events have only just started to go insane.

Just wait for the quantum computer program JADE2 to take the 'Helm' of the world and direct it off a waterfall so that it can start to slowly process and eliminate 6.5 billion useless eaters.

When good becomes bad and bad is cool, thats when a population has a death wish with God.

With the pro Gay marriage, God has just removed all His protection from America. Now all daemons have just been given the green light to cause chaos throughout America.

Now that is insanity. By the end of this year, after CERN opens a permanent portal to other parallel worlds, this world will be in a spiritual darkness a.k.a the 7 Year Tribulation.

If you think its bad now, lol; this is Heaven on earth compared to what is coming.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

If it were to keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results?

Eternal Return

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tristran

Do you just eat hyperbole for every meal?.
You are one afraid paranoid person.
Get out more.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Good question; in fact, we wouldn't know. Check out the definition of delusion:

a false belief that is firmly maintained in spite of incontrovertible and obvious proof to the contrary and in spite of the fact that other members of the culture do not share the belief.
medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

Very often, delusions are so intrinsically absurd that nothing more than simple logic is needed to distinguish them from statements of fact, eg the moon is made of green cheese.

But some delusions look like they could be true, and then one is left only with the distinction that no one else appears to believe it, eg the world has collectively gone insane.

Personally, there seems to be something very wrong with the world of today that wasn't apparent when I was younger. It's as though I woke up one morning and everything was ever so slightly different...and the difference has got progressively more tangible with time.

I am, in all other respects, an astute, intelligent individual in perfect mental health. In fact, I'm a mental health nurse.

Who can say?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

We grow lawns for esthetic reasons instead of food for common sense reasons...along with the points in the OP and many more reasons.

But, there's a big difference between IQ levels and sanity levels. IQ levels can be determined with a test. Sanity levels cannot be determined with a test. So, it may be relatively easy for humanity to collectively lose its mind without the ability to recognize it.

"Sanity levels cannot be determined with a test."

IMO, there is indeed a test that can measure sanity:

Sanity levels can be determined by how we choose to go about our daily existence and the subsequent lives we create for ourselves through our own personal life philosophy, beliefs, choices, and actions. Many are so indoctrinated with fear that they choose safe common paths (the path of complacency) instead of the path of dreams (the path of determination). Common paths lead to common destinations.

"So, it may be relatively easy for humanity to collectively lose its mind without the ability to recognize it."

Unfortunately this seems to be the case for many who have come out of the industrial revolution's educational system...without ever pausing for moment in their lives to realize that they are indeed a product of corporate social engineering.

These words below by the brilliant Aldous Huxley pretty much reflects your statement above as being very true:

I label them Daily Commuters.

People who give away their freedom of time; energy; and freewill daily because they HAVE to; not because they WANT to; and continue to do so with no end in sight except for death; and are not still living a fulfilling life -- are the most insane as it comes.

In terms of the world's reaction to Fukushima, it is insane in my opinion. No government in the world has done anything significant about the disaster outside of Japan. Probably the most significant thing the Japanese government has done about Fukushima is to CENSOR the press from reporting about it.

The only thing that every country in the world seems to be doing about Fukushima is mostly ignoring it. Ignoring it and raising the "safe levels" of radiation to levels that were previously considered lethal. Meanwhile, seemingly everyone goes on their merry way, living out their lives and apparently pretending that Fukushima never happened.

But, the fact is that there were three confirmed China Syndromes at Fukushima Daiichi. If Japan was going by the same protocol that Russia used after Chernobyl, all of Tokyo would have been evacuated by now. But, instead we're going to get the Tokyo 2020 Olympics unless the world comes to its senses.

The Pacific Ocean is dying as a result of the Fukushima disaster and the world's scientific community is acting like they're deaf, blind, and dumb about it.

There are matters we each can make a difference in. This Fukushima issue is not one of them. It's out of everyday people's hands, yet affects everyday people.

Children are being raped, killed, and starved across the globe. There are plenty of ways one can make a small difference for just ONE child if they do indeed want to demonstrate some form of sanity via empathy. There are children in South America who need shoes, any old pair will do. There are programs that assist in meeting these demands and making a difference.

That problem extends far beyond the Pacific Ocean population and health. Look at how we turn a blind eye to the plight of many children in this world and one will soon realize that being deaf, blind and dumb about it is not exclusive to the world's scientific community.

The majority just need to use their imagination more responsibly....

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

We'd know that we'd become insane, by comparing how we are and what we do, and perhaps most importantly, what we DON'T do now, against what we know of our species in previous ages. We'd use our recent history, say the last few centuries, and any historic records that we'd managed to dig up or stumble across, showing how Humans were and what they did and didn't do, or even appear to have desired to do, during their lives perhaps thousands of years ago.

Then we'd have a pretty good idea if we're insane or not, by studying the results of our comparison.

Although of course, if we found that we are indeed a species of barking loonies...would we care?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The world IS idiocracy, and is trying to force everyone to dumb-down and join the collective blissfully ignorant army.

What's really insane about this all charade is that most people assume that it's real. And when everyone around you are insane, would you not consider real sanity as insanity? And how would you recognize sanity when you see one?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join