It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space X just blew up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

The RSO guys don't screw around. That rocket sniffs funny and they'll push the button.

What method do they use to terminate a launch? What actually happens when they "push the button"?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

looks like it disintegrate rather than explode... hm...

nice shot !! thanks !!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
there is an article below on that page that says "elon musk trying to reduce the cost of space launch"....uhmmm....maybe a little more money spent on it might be a good idea at this time.....failures don't exactly jive with cutting more costs...

This is their first failure in almost 20 launches - compared to many other State run programs, that's not bad.

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Heartbreaking.
Good thing we still can bum rides from the Russians.

Whose rockets blow up more often than not.....
edit on 28/6/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

originally posted by: wildespace

A few frames down the line, an object appears that could be the still intact Dragon capsule:

UFO cutting off supply lines to aid the space war...

Yep could very well be. . . Gonna need something better than a rocket if you want to get into space! Aliens were like homie dont play dat!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: admirethedistance

It disintegrates!

/s

I'm pretty sure it's some integrated explosive device, or you know some lasers from a satellite nearby.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

It detonates charges in the on board fuel supply causing the rocket to come apart.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrMaybeNot
...or you know some lasers from a satellite nearby.

Sharks with laser beams attached to their heads.

They did launch over water, so maybe.

edit on 6/28/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: beams, not bears

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Fricking lasers. Those are much better than regular lasers.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It detonates charges in the on board fuel supply causing the rocket to come apart.

Yes, they detonate explosive charges.

However, my frame-by-frame analysis suggests that the disintegration started before the button was pushed (unless they terminate the mission by blowing up the upper stage LOX tank?). You can clearly see the upper stage fuel tank rupturing and releasing LOX fuel vapour.

The intense vapour release continues for quite a few frames, with some combustion visible, before the first stage engines blow up in the final massive burst.

I'm looking forward to learning the exact timeline of the disaster and at which point the button was pressed, but so far it looks like they did it right at the end, rather than initiating the disintegration event by blowing the upper LOX tank...

P.S. the NASA press conference: www.youtube.com...

Gonna watch some of it now, but will have to go to work soon, so by the time I get back hopefully all the details will be discussed here.
edit on 28-6-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
I was dead serious about my statement. Man and his idealization of how nature works (physics) said we can't fly. We can't build a bird-like machine or accessory to allow that ability.

So which animal defies Mass?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
They really terminated it? Any source other then hearing that?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

From the comments made by Elon Musk it sounds like the tank over pressure event started things off and then the flight was terminated.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

I think that 'smoke' was actually Co2/Liquid Nitrogen ... it was at the point where the Co2/Liquid Nitrogen was about to cool the bottom stage, but I think a seal failed, and caused it to rupture.. Just guessing. From the 'look' of that plume in the air, it looked like a gas.

Really sad indeed. Should be an easy fix, if that's what happened. They usually have a good track record.

edit on 6/29/2015 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Pharyax there is no co2 or nitrogen on board, this used kerosene as a fuel and liquid oxygen as for the oxidizer. the carbon composite engine nozzle and combustion chamber needs minimal cooling but use ablative cooling to enhance usage and regenerative cooling for fuel preheating to increase thrust.
what we saw was the cloud created by escaping oxygen freezing the water vapour

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

Elon Musk. He stated not long after that it was auto terminated due to an anomaly.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

a reply to: ZEV93

You cannot be a follower of ATS and not know about UFOs and triangles.

Read the second line of my signature. It gives the concept of exactly how physics can be cheated as nature does it with birds.

There is no cure for denial.

Wings don't cheat nature or physics they exploit it !
There is no cure for getting all your info from conspiracy sites !

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

a reply to: ZEV93

You cannot be a follower of ATS and not know about UFOs and triangles.

Read the second line of my signature. It gives the concept of exactly how physics can be cheated as nature does it with birds.

There is no cure for denial.

Of course i know about these alleged craft. But all the 'evidence' for their 'existance' i have seen are some pitch-black videos of lights that could be anything from aircraft landing lights to street lanterns , aside from the obvious CGI / AfterEffects forgeries, of course.
Really, this 'denial' screaming helps nobody, and it reminds me of SJWs calling 'hate' when they run out of arguments. If you dont claim that these craft work by magic you'll have to deliver solid Physics and not pseudo explanations like bird flight , which is no mystery at all.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

We need Space Elevators, stat!

I know there are plans for some, but come on Earthlings, let's just do it!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
From the Wikipedia article on this mission: en.wikipedia.org...

The vehicle's second stage failed due to an overpressure at T+02:19, well after max Q (at T+01:26) and shortly before first stage engine shutdown (MECO at T+02:45). The second stage disintegrated, releasing large clouds of vapor while the first stage continued to thrust, until it was destroyed at T+02:27.

Here's a video from Space X themselves: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
A further update at the Wikipedia article:

It is not clear if the destruction of the first stage was due to the flight termination system. If so, it would have been activated automatically by on-board sensors. The Eastern Range's range safety officer did transmit a remote destruct signal, but only as a formality; sent 70 seconds after the mishap, there was nothing left to destroy.

spaceref.biz...

The Falcon 9 was at an altitude of approximately 45 km and traveling in excess of 5,000 km per hour when a problem developed in the second stage. SpaceRef can confirm from sources within SpaceX that the Falcon 9 first stage performed nominally i.e. as expected. Indeed, if you watch launch video, you can see that first stage continues to function steady and stable even while the front end of the rocket was destroying itself. That in and of itself is impressive.

According to SpaceX telemetry received from the Dragon spacecraft showed that it too was functioning after the mishap occurred and telemetry continued to be sent back from Dragon for a significant period of time.

SpaceX now confirms that the U.S. Air Force Range Safety Officer did initiate a destruct command but that this command was sent 70 seconds after the mishap occurred, as a formal matter of process. There was nothing left to destroy at that point. NASA Public Affairs had originally told SpaceRef yesterday that there had been no such command issued by the USAF.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join