It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space X just blew up

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Failure at launch.
About 2 minute into flight.
finance.yahoo.com... -rocket-landing-140900648.html

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Awww, that sure is disappointing, especially after the last attempt showed some improvement over earlier tries.

edit on 6/28/2015 by admirethedistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I was watching it on the SpaceX channel. It seemed to emit smoke before blowing up, so wasn't a quick explosion (until it fell apart). The site showed a bit of it afterwards, then broke away for a shot of the launch pad, and after a few minutes signed off pretty quickly.

We need NASA back, full force, best people, and ready to design and launch again.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
there is an article below on that page that says "elon musk trying to reduce the cost of space launch"....uhmmm....maybe a little more money spent on it might be a good idea at this time.....failures don't exactly jive with cutting more costs...

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Where is NASA when you need them..............

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

there would seem to be no refuting that.

This is too bad.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Where is NASA when you need them..............

NASA stuff blows up at 10 times the price.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Can a Dragon Capsule be fitted to a different launch vehicle, such as the Atlas, Delta, or Ariane?

If so, I wonder if the Dragon crew capsule program can still move forward, but without the Falcon 9 (for now), considering the Falcon 9 seems to have some issues.

Edit to Add:
If the Dragon Crew capsule cannot be tested reliably with the Falcon 9 Launch vehicle, then it seems quite possible that Boeing's CST-100 crew vehicle could beat Elon Musk and SpaceX in getting crews to the ISS.

edit on 6/28/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

failures don't exactly jive with cutting more costs...

It does when you find out what caused the problem and make sure it doesn't happen again.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Video of the failure

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I was there, filming it with my telescope. I have some pretty good video, uploading shortly.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Not much words were said during and after the explosion. I'm sure most were at a loss of words.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

The failures point out the terrible hindrance that is the basic nature of rockets. Never have we had established transportation systems that requires months to make ready even when the hardware is on the shelf. That situation will never change as long as rockets are the ONLY way to loft people and materials into space.

These failures may get to the point that our hidden systems might finally get employed. Those exotic that some of us know to exist, that would be the black triangles and other craft that don't use aerodynamic lift or thrust, but simply move as do UFOs. NASA and Lockheed both seem to be edging toward telling us something about such systems.
edit on 28-6-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Heartbreaking.
Good thing we still can bum rides from the Russians.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If you watch it in slow mo it looks like something happend at the front of the rocket by the cargo? Would think it would be back farther by the engine. Or fuel tank. It did not look like flame but white smoke maybe oxygen leak?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: slayerfan

Who knows, maybe laser burn.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat

Trying to play God?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Oh c'mon..... Verner Von Braun cracked this stuff in 43. what's the deal man. ?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

The Wright Brothers cracked the whole heavier than air flight thing in 1903 and planes still crash, and they still have problems developing them.
edit on 6/28/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I watched the video and heard something about "programming error" ?? It looked like maybe a separation sequence didn't happen when it was supposed to.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join