It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Can any of you remember when you chose your sexual orientation?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:51 PM

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Crazy sex isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Yeah, it is. It's one of those things in life that makes you really amazed to be a part of the world and to be alive. So... speak for yourself.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:26 PM
a reply to: Ghost147

I think I was 15 when I took an interest in the opposite sex.

Up until then I wasn't much concerned with anything to do with the subject of gender relations outside of wanting to play with nice people....bounced all over the playground back then. From a very early age I swore I would never get married, boys (for the most part) were jerks and girls (for the most part) were usually mean and/or totally boring.

By the time I was eight I was convinced I stay celibate and become a workaholic.

I stayed chaste for a extremely long time until my mid-20's when I went through the "sowing of wild oats" stage.

Now I'm happily married and we're both right back on the "Sex? Eh, big deal...we've got better things to do" angle.

On the bright side, it's the one thing he and I both agree about 100%.

Funny how life works out sometimes.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:29 PM
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I can remember the moment............ Kelly C******, sitting in the lifeguard stand at the pool. She was magnificent and I knew it. I was ten.

I didn't choose. I never weighed the pros and cons of attraction to women or men. I knew what I wanted. I don't believe that people choose their sexuality. I think they are born with this or that trait and unless their desires are suppressed, that is what they will become. Nature is like that. It chooses before a critter knows what it wants to be. imo.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:15 PM
a reply to: argentus

I vaguely remember the first boy I had a crush on, and he wanted nothing to do with me. I was four.

After that heartbreak I swore off relationships and kissy face attraction for almost a decade afterwards.

edit on 6/29/15 by GENERAL EYES because: grammar edit

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:57 AM
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You are not doing it crazy enough to post that statement.
It's awesome.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:50 PM
Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, 1975. Pretty much knew I was into chicks after that.

Joanna Cameron as Isis (1975) and Erin Gray as Wilma Deering, 1979, just added further proof, along with just about every damsel in distress that appeared on Dukes of Hazzard and BJ & The Bear, LOL.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:13 PM
I chose not to 'orient' and took a vow of chastity like at 12yo when realized classmates that young were 'servicing' each other in group 'play sessions unbeknownst to their parents/elders. College was surrounded by even worse promiscuity examples and I do notice by their 40s and 50s ppl that were likely promiscuous (whatever orientation) tend to finally get tired of decades of those indiscretions then join a church and go around (like literally door to door!) denouncing the bulk history of their own behaviors publicly.

I find it inherently offensive adults are expected to orient sexually, by default. Then again, society is overly indulgent including hypersexual and gosh, look at the STDs rates despite all the 'safer' measures.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:35 PM
a reply to: Ghost147
I started noticing girl's in middle school.

(post by Mousygretchen removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:14 AM
Surrounded by a "free love" environment very early on, I started with the assumption that all people are bisexual. Somehow this was the big idea at the time and place I lived (early 70's, So. Calif.).

So as got to adolescence, I had the expectation that I would find girls as sexually attractive just as much as boys.
But I repeatedly found myself focused on males. At one point, I made an effort to go out with a girl who I knew was interested in me, and even made out with her. But it felt completely void of excitement for me. I couldn't force myself to fake desire. I felt really bad after, because she didn't understand why I had done that and then be totally unresponsive at a certain point in the evening and in further contact. It was like I had teased her.

I felt like there was something wrong with me - I am not sexually mature or something. I remember having a conversation with my mother about my lack of interest in girls (at a time she was having a fling with a woman) and I was crying, thinking I was admitting something totally wrong with me. She was convinced I was simply not being honest with myself - bisexuality is inherent.

Ran into this years later, when, within the context of a long and happy relationship with my husband, and in an attempt to be open about sexual desire and fantasy, he told me he'd find it a turn on to watch me with another woman. I struggled with the idea, and we tentatively went into some contexts where that could happen, and I was so turned off by the idea, I could not even try it. We've finally just accepted that there is something wrong with me, I am not into women sexually... like at all.

This seems to be so deeply ingrained in me that all efforts to change it have been to no avail. I imagine that some people, who, like me, feel they can't change it, could easily assume this heterosexuality is inherent in all other people. So any deviation must be an intentional choice and effort.

But if their sexual orientation is as strong as mine, they didn't have any choice either.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:44 AM
a reply to: argentus

I will see your Kelly C and raise you one Sue T..... . I grew up next to her and watched one of gods true acts of perfection blossom . I was younger and never in the picture but does one not admire the beauty of a mountain even if he is not a mountain climber . I swear , this woman would turn Rock Hudson . Or for our younger members , some random gay guy you know . You think you have seen a white cat , well she was a whiter one . To god

edit on 9-9-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 04:13 PM
a reply to: hutch622

I hear you. I never. once. measured. the pros and cons of either orientation or an amalgam of both. I just knew.

Prior to Kelly C*****, my best friend was a girl, J**** S****. From the time I was six years old, I would ride my lil' blue scooter six miles to her house (after my o-dark-thirty chores were finished). We were both confused as to why we were no longer allowed to camp out in the back yard after we were both 11 years old. Now I get it. Good call, Dad.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>