It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can any of you remember when you chose your sexual orientation?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

With that said, I have known more than a few women who decided men were not worth the hassle and chose to be lesbian from then on out.

And yet if you are not attracted to women you can't do it!
I would love to be gay, I think it will be a lot easier to be in a relationship with a woman... I just don't fancy them.
I don't choose to be a straight woman, I simply am heterosexual... I love women dearly, like sisters, but it's only men that can make my body move! There is a 'quality' (for lack of better words) men have that women don't, I just couldn't explain it.

To make it short: I could never choose to be a lesbian or nobody could ever made me because I am not sexually attracted to women. Same with gay people, they don't choose to be gay, they are simply not sexually attracted to the opposite sex. I also don't see it as a mental disorder.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Check the Prison's

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfederateZombie
for what?

edit: no I am not taking your weird bait anymore. You are just creepy. No more replies.

edit on 28-6-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

The thing it is not a choice for pedophiles either thats the whole point of the thread no one chooses.

www.nytimes.com...

It is wrong to act on feelings of pedophilia and while not socially acceptable at all I do agree that we should support them to take therapy to contain their feelings BUT to equate this to homosexuality is dishonest because homosexuals give consent to be together and do not harm anyone.

So again it is not a choice.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Mecanophilia is also not a conscious choice. It does not mean that a person is born sexually attracted to cars. Or are you claiming a man born in 1509 was born with a sexual attraction to a 1960 Ford Mustang that was not even invented yet?

Man who gets aroused seeing a shoe?

Just because it's not a conscious choice does not make it "born that way".

With that said, I have known more than a few women who decided men were not worth the hassle and chose to be lesbian from then on out.

Oh my a fetish and something you claim some women you knew said or decided. NOPE.

Fetish? Being gay is a fetish if that is. They are sexually attracted to cars. Just like a gay man is attracted to another man. Just because YOU want there to be a difference does not mean there actually is.

You can say NOPE all you want, but I am not talking just 1 woman, I am talking several who were sexually attracted to men all their life and just got tired of cheating/abuse and decided to only date women, and had ZERO interest in women prior.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

People choose to be gay in them all the time. (choice)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

same thing, nice research. mental disorders only one was hit by the PC police
edit on 28-6-2015 by ConfederateZombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

The thing it is not a choice for pedophiles either thats the whole point of the thread no one chooses.

www.nytimes.com...

It is wrong to act on feelings of pedophilia and while not socially acceptable at all I do agree that we should support them to take therapy to contain their feelings BUT to equate this to homosexuality is dishonest because homosexuals give consent to be together and do not harm anyone.

In the case of pedophilia, it is a mental disorder though, even if not a choice. confederatezombie is focusing on it a wee bit too much and it;s OT.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Just showing that it is silly to equate the two of them together.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Mecanophilia is also not a conscious choice. It does not mean that a person is born sexually attracted to cars. Or are you claiming a man born in 1509 was born with a sexual attraction to a 1960 Ford Mustang that was not even invented yet?

Man who gets aroused seeing a shoe?

Just because it's not a conscious choice does not make it "born that way".

Oh my a fetish and something you claim some women you knew said or decided. NOPE.

Fetish? Being gay is a fetish if that is. They are sexually attracted to cars. Just like a gay man is attracted to another man. Just because YOU want there to be a difference does not mean there actually is.

You can say NOPE all you want, but I am not talking just 1 woman, I am talking several who were sexually attracted to men all their life and just got tired of cheating/abuse and decided to only date women, and had ZERO interest in women prior.

So you say that I am a straight woman attracted to straight males is merely a fetish? Like people who are sexually turned on by shoes? You are deluded.

link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

www.nytimes.com...

I believe the point is that just because it's not a choice does not mean it's alright.

link   

So do you choose to be straight all the time?.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

There is a difference in eating the fish because you don't like chicken and eating the fish because you're tired of eating chicken

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

You still did not acknowledge the choice of homosexuality in the prison system, and I'm sure that's not the only place.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
No, i never had a choice to be Male,Gay,Genderfluid my race or when i was born or who was my parents
edit on 28-6-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConfederateZombie

You still did not acknowledge the choice of homosexuality in the prison system, and I'm sure that's not the only place.
I am choosing to disengage because you make me feel uncomfortable. Any other member can reply to you in specific.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
This thread is like watching convicts trying to prove to each other that they are innocent.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConfederateZombie

bringing up the times when people do choose shouldn't be the deciding factor for an entire group, unless you want to be thought of as a racist inbreeder.

Yeah i said it. i'm a horrible person

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Told you I would win in the end.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Absolutely. I was in the 3rd grade. I remember looking at the bra section in the big ole Sears catalogue and remember definitely liking what I saw. That was also the year of my first crush. A little red haired girl in my class. (I'm a guy) I have never, ever, not liked a person based on their sexual orientation.

I am in no way saying that we are born into being our sexual orientation. That's just how it went for me. Who am I to say how a person decides to live their life?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join