It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revalations? End of DAYS?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: deathslayer
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

There is NO such thing as the rapture!

EVERYONE including Christians will go through tribulation and most will not survive.

Unfortunately, I fear you are right.

As I have stated, there are 3 camps.... The Pre-Trib, Mid-Trib, and End of Trib (gathering of the saints) believers.

Prepare for any of the possibilities.

My opinion is that this was "by design". At one time in my life I believed completely in the Pre-Trib rapture scenario and the "tribulation saints" who would go through the tribulation after they converted upon seeing the Rapture. That is what has been taught in may Doctrines.

So, what do I do? Well, hell. I will do my own thing and when the Rapture happens I will then become a follower. Yes, I did and I am sure many others had this stupid idea as well because we are / were idiots when we were younger.

There are many borderline and Sunday only Christians who will fall away quickly when the Tribulation starts and they are still here if the Pre-Trib doesn't happen the way they have been told it will. They will be unprepared because they had always been told that they would be taken out before anything bad happens.

Jesus said that no one would really know when that time would be as the Days of the tribulation would be cut short otherwise no flesh would be left alive.

Be ready for any possibility. Pre, Mid, End.

Proverbs 27:12 - A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

I Timothy 5:8 - Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
edit on 29-6-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I thought SATAN was ALREADY unleashed on us after WW1
IS'nt the Erath NOW under Satanic control?

2 Corinthians 4:4New Living Translation (NLT) - Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: randyvs

This is where I ask you for the first time sweetheart.
Come with us to where you only be loved. What's so bad about that?

Thanks, randy. I'm confident I'll get there anyway. On a different road, though. I'll take my time, thanks.
See ya then.

There is but one way to God:

Matthew 7:13-14 - 13"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Isaiah 35:8
And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness; it will be for those who walk on that Way. The unclean will not journey on it; wicked fools will not go about on it.

Luke 13:24
"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.

That makes it pretty clear to me.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: deathslayer

pretty clear?

how about you clarify the "narrow path" for the class?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I am far from what I want to be. I am often plagued with temptations. My flesh is weak and everyday is a spiritual battle. Walking in Christ's steps can be very difficult especially when dealing with disbelievers who become aggressive and hateful.

My message on this thread does not come from me but from the OT and NT. The signs we are to watch for are here.

I do not in anyway enjoy seeing humans suffering in any way HOWEVER in order to stop this chaotic world from full destruction requires judgement from God which includes his son returning to this earth as King and ruler over all. So if I could speed things up I would so that this earth and its population can become what it was originally designed for.... a paradise full of people who accept and worship the one true God. To be accepted as true children of God who one day will be brothers and sisters of Christ.

To stop the suffering and pain on this planet requires a global cleansing by God - to remove those from this planet who refuse to accept and follow God's laws. For God's way is a way of peace and love (this is lacking globally) not aggression and hate.

Yes both the wicked and some followers of Christ will not make it through the tribulation and they will die. But what was I quoted in an earlier post? And those Christians that die while remaining faithful to God will see the resurrection meanwhile those who rejected God and his laws will not.

Matthew 10:28 - Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Do not fear death.......fear the Lord God Almighty.

edit on 29-6-2015 by deathslayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

pretty clear?

how about you clarify the "narrow path" for the class?

OK..........

The gate to heaven is “narrow” in the sense of having a particular requirement for entrance—faith in Jesus Christ. Salvation is found only in the Person of Jesus Christ; He is the only way (John 14:6). The “wide” gate is non-exclusive; it allows for human effort and all other of the world’s religions.

(Key words above ..... a requirement to enter and salvation)

Jesus says that narrow gate leads to a “hard” road, one that will take us through hardships and difficult decisions. Following Jesus requires crucifying our flesh (Galatians 2:20; 5:24; Romans 6:2), living by faith (Romans 1:17; 2 Corinthians 5:7; Hebrews 10:38), enduring trials with Christlike patience (James 1:2–3, 12; 1 Peter 1:6), and living a lifestyle separate from the world (James 1:27; Romans 12:1–2). When faced with the choice between a narrow, bumpy road and a wide, paved highway, most of us choose the easier road. Human nature gravitates toward comfort and pleasure. When faced with the reality of denying themselves to follow Jesus, most people turn away (John 6:66). Jesus never sugar-coated the truth, and the truth is that not many people are willing to pay the price to follow Him.

God offers salvation to everyone who accepts it (John 1:12; 3:16-18; Romans 10:9; 1 John 2:2). But it is on His terms. We must come the way He has provided. We cannot create our own paths or come to a holy God based on our own efforts. Compared to His righteousness, we are all filthy (Isaiah 64:6; Romans 3:10). God cannot simply excuse or overlook our sin. He is merciful, but He is also just. Justice requires that sin be paid for. At great cost to Himself, He paid that price (Isaiah 53:5; 1 John 3:1, 16; Psalm 51:7). Without the blood of Jesus covering our sin, we stand guilty before the God we rejected (Romans 1:20).

The way to God was completely closed, and sin was the roadblock (Romans 5:12). No one deserves a second chance. We all deserve to stay on the "wide road that leads to destruction." But God loved us enough to provide the path to eternal life anyway (Romans 5:6–8). However, He also knows that in our self-centered, sin-saturated world there are not many who will desire Him enough to come to Him on His terms (John 6:44, 65; Romans 3:11; Jeremiah 29:13). Satan has paved the highway to hell with fleshly temptations, worldly attractions, and moral compromises. Most people allow their passions and desires to dictate the course of their lives. They choose temporary, earthly pleasure over the self-sacrifice required in following Jesus (Mark 8:34; Luke 9:23; Matthew 10:37). The narrow gate is ignored. Most people would rather create their own religions and design their own gods. So it was with sorrow, not discrimination, that Jesus declared that the road to eternal life is "narrow, and only a few find it."

Do you understand now what is meant by the narrow path?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I understand it already... yet you seem to be a little confused...

that happens when you mix Paul and the OT with the gospels...

You place a heavy burden on those you tell this to...

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Maybe. The alter is more of a clue, in my mind, than the other. The "star" that the wise men followed moved, after all, so was most likely an angel. The term "star" is used to denote an angel at times in the Bible. There are a lot of other signs, though. Increased earthquake activity, more globalism, and so forth, and I do feel like it's closer than many want to believe.

The Star of Bethlehem Documentary (Using Astronomy software, it has been discovered)

Very interesting video, for certain, but I did see a flaw. I haven't checked all of his data yet, but when he goes to June of 2BC for the birth, and then to 33AD for the death, those can't both be correct. We know that Jesus was 33 years old when He died, and that would make Him 35, instead. So, interesting, for certain, and that doesn't negate the star in question, but it is a flaw. Appreciate the video link. I'd seen a bit here and there on that, but not the full presentation.
edit on 29-6-2015 by LadyGreenEyes because: correction

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I understand it already... yet you seem to be a little confused...

that happens when you mix Paul and the OT with the gospels...

You place a heavy burden on those you tell this to...

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I am not confused.

What you speak of has nothing to do with what you asked???

Of course I use both Ot and NT teachings, why shouldn't I? It is the bible.

What you are quoting has nothing to do with the narrow path to heaven ...... and what you quoted has nothing to do with salvation or on how to enter heaven.

You are simply cherry picking selected bible versus.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I didn't cherry pick anything... Jesus said his yoke was easy

one only has to know what he was talking about...

Jesus says that narrow gate leads to a “hard” road, one that will take us through hardships and difficult decisions. Following Jesus requires crucifying our flesh (Galatians 2:20; 5:24; Romans 6:2),

Jesus didn't take part in Galatians or Romans.. lol

living by faith (Romans 1:17; 2 Corinthians 5:7; Hebrews 10:38)

Faith alone was Paulian doctrine... Jesus didn't teach faith alone...

But it is on His terms. We must come the way He has provided. We cannot create our own paths or come to a holy God based on our own efforts. Compared to His righteousness, we are all filthy

Sounds like Paul to me...

Without the blood of Jesus covering our sin, we stand guilty before the God we rejected (Romans 1:20).

See...

The way to God was completely closed, and sin was the roadblock (Romans 5:12). No one deserves a second chance. We all deserve to stay on the "wide road that leads to destruction." But God loved us enough to provide the path to eternal life anyway (Romans 5:6–8).

The narrow gate is ignored. Most people would rather create their own religions and design their own gods. So it was with sorrow, not discrimination, that Jesus declared that the road to eternal life is "narrow, and only a few find it."

So you actually didn't describe said path...

almost looked like a copy and paste job honestly...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Hi,

I see you point but I believe that man will make many errors and whether Jesus was 33 or 35 is irrelevant to WHY Jesus came to earth which is the ENTIRE message of the OT and NT. A way to bring man back to God which I find to be of importance rather than some guy with a cheap degree talking as if he was there in order to gain some type of recognition.

There are various deceitful games many use to confuse and irritate a person of faith.

Oh....... Noahs flood is a lie, blah blah blah. Whether I believe in Noah's flood or not this will NOT save my soul from destruction. This will not hinder my resurrection. Why? I do not question this because the brass ring I want ...... is to be with God. BUT those who hate God will tell stories from the bible and attempt to show you error in hope you will walk away from your faith. This is pure hate and evil.

The entire bible ....... the MEAT of the bible ......both in OT and NT..... is simple. Man is not holy, he is not perfect and he has seperated himself from God due to sinful ways. This causes man to be seperated from God with no return HOWEVER God loves us so much he found a way for mankind to approach him once again and it was with his only begotten son Jesus Christ.

This is what is important ....... Jesus Christ opening the door so we may walk through it to stand before the one true God and inherit his kingdom.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

You can not see it or be able to to understand because it has not been shown to you.

Both OT and NT bible versus were used in my explanation.

A lost soul will never understand.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: borntowatch

originally posted by: Klassified
Deathslayer, Borntowatch, and Revolution9...

Thank you for your rebuttals to my posts. I am humbled by such Christ-like behavior. You are stellar examples of the love, forgiveness, and single-mindedness of the Christian faith. Your heart for the lost shines through in your words. Jesus would no doubt be proud of the way you represent him to those who don't know him.

To the OP: The first example you gave is simply a rare astrological event that we happen to be alive to witness. The second is self-fulfilling prophecy at best. imho.

So from a modern fundy christian to an ex fundy christian now a fundy atheist

can you prove your position they are just events.
There does seem like a lot of signs, the world does seem to be experiencing some sort of change

The onus, my fellow fundy, is on Christianity to prove those events are a result of prophecy. Not on the unbeliever to prove they aren't. Nevertheless, no definitive evidence exists that any historical event was the direct result of biblical prophecy.

i can understand your frustration.

on other threads where the onus is on science to prove I get nothing

Irrespective, fundy atheists are as bad as fundy christians dont you think

Live and let live

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch
a reply to: Klassified
a reply to: Akragon
a reply to: infolurker
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: ketsuko
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
a reply to: Letmeon3
a reply to: cavtrooper7
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb
a reply to: beezzer
a reply to: boymonkey74
a reply to: Involutionist
a reply to: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Revolution9
a reply to: chr0naut
a reply to: superluminal11
a reply to: Atsbhct
a reply to: AmericanZombie
a reply to: rickymouse
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

invitations to A party RSVP please : to this address : .........................

let me know if i missed someone

bring a costume !!!!!! :up

edit on 29-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Talk about attempting to induce a guilt trip.

Not a guilt trip at all. How could it be, when we're all guilty.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

See ya then.

All righty. Just know, I'll be look'n fer ya.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

I'll wear my head dress!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

I'm coming as a boho hippie boomer. Or a witch.
I'll trade my portion of cotton candy away for an additional beer, though. Insulation is not my favorite food. LOL!!

Do we have to wear name tags? I hate name tags.
Like, are people supposed to claim some political stance or something?

I heard an interesting interview this morning on our local NPR station - two lesbians discussing with the host how they felt and what they think about the new ruling. One of them (the one with the deeper voice, named "Dorothy") said she'd been fired from her job (in social services) back in the '80s when it came out that she was homosexual.

She also said that she's always, always believed in God, and knows that God loves her and made her just like she is. She went on to discuss how she learned when she studied at Bible College that it is indeed, men who wrote the Bible. The Bible is a concoction of people's notions. They were no more 'enlightened' or 'spoken to' by God than any of us.

Just keep that in your back pocket, folks. Get over it.

edit on 6/29/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Just know, I'll be look'n fer ya.

Same here - it'll be grand.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Insulation is not my favorite food. LOL!!

oh god this possibly the funniest thing I ever heard
I can’t stop smiling I think I read you reply 7x now

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join