It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revalations? End of DAYS?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: deathslayer

So you can't wait to see millions of people get killed and destroyed by your god? Really? How humble of you, how loving.

You're a shining example of what Christ meant when he said "be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect", maybe your god will be maniacally laughing and enjoying every second of it which is why you follow in his footsteps? Not sure, but I don't think Jesus would do any of what you think he will do. The devastation he's supposed to reap on Earth on his return seems to be at odds with the message he preached while here before. You know, turn the other cheek and be humble? Killing millions of people and glassing the Earth doesn't sound like turning the other cheek or being humble, it sounds like a warlord conquering and killing those not part of his clan.

Actually, that would be Satan when he is released. Satan and his fallen angels are given their time. God is only removing the great restrainer.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations, and then shall the end come.

15 Therefore, when ye see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, which shall stand in the holy place (whosoever reads, let him understand),

16 then let those who are in Judaea flee into the mountains;

21 for then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And if those days were not shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from the heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken,

30 and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven, and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with great power and glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a trumpet and a great voice, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The Wrath of God is reserved for those who choose to Reject God and who take the "mark of the beast" and join the Anti-Christ / Beast system.

edit on 28-6-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Actually I read that post as fatalism.

I don't think the person who wrote expects to survive anymore than he expects most of the rest of us to.

As he says, since we expect that about 2/3 of the world will die, righteous and unrighteous alike, the odds are not ever in anyone's favor during that time.

Again, this is why we are told to watch and be prepared.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Klassified

So in your opinion ,scripture isn't applicable?

Correct.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Deathslayer, Borntowatch, and Revolution9...

Thank you for your rebuttals to my posts. I am humbled by such Christ-like behavior. You are stellar examples of the love, forgiveness, and single-mindedness of the Christian faith. Your heart for the lost shines through in your words. Jesus would no doubt be proud of the way you represent him to those who don't know him.

To the OP: The first example you gave is simply a rare astrological event that we happen to be alive to witness. The second is self-fulfilling prophecy at best. imho.

So from a modern fundy christian to an ex fundy christian now a fundy atheist

can you prove your position they are just events.
There does seem like a lot of signs, the world does seem to be experiencing some sort of change

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

As he says, since we expect that about 2/3 of the world will die, righteous and unrighteous alike, the odds are not ever in anyone's favor during that time.

Hmmmm.

So - what is the problem if you don't "survive"? I have the impression you wish to hasten the rapture.....so that YOU will survive in heavenly, harp-playing, eternal worship......rather than "survive" on Earth.

Better to meet your maker and have eternal peace NOW than to "survive" in your current body......
isn't that right?
edit on 6/28/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Hmmmm.

So - what is the problem if you don't "survive"? I have the impression you wish to hasten the rapture.....so that YOU will survive in heavenly, harp-playing, eternal worship......rather than "survive" on Earth.

Better to meet your maker and have eternal peace NOW than to "survive" in your current body......
isn't that right?

Are you seriously implying for someone to "off themselves"?

LOL

Nobody can hasten anything. It is all in God's appointed time.

I for one and just trying to warn people. And hopefully when people continue to see these things come to pass they may wake up.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

not at all.
I'm saying that whether people are content or miserable is up to them.
I choose to stay content, and not give a crap about what other people do in their bedrooms as long as it's not hurting anyone.

There are, however, MANY people who are hoping and praying and yearning for 'the rapture.'

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Hmmmm.

isn't that right?

You can twist it all you like.

The idea is to keep yourself spiritually prepared and walking on the right side of God always as much possible.

Or the parable of the 10 virgins and their lamps. 5 were always ready and prepared with their lamps full of oil, and five were foolish and let their lamps run dry. In the end, the call came out and the five who were ready and prepared could leave immediately to the wedding feast, but the five who had dry lamps could not because they had to find oil. In the end, they arrived late and found the door shut.

All 10 were Christians, but the five who had dry lamps were not prepared and they missed out. The oil in the lamps is the HS/being spiritually prepared.

It is not given to us to know what tomorrow will bring, or even if we will see tomorrow. And that holds true for everyone in every walk of life. For all you know, you could be in the middle of your next reply and drop dead between one letter and the next, so could I for that matter. And if your lamp is dry ... you miss your wedding.

And in the larger context of prophecy, the same holds true. Rapture or not, we are told to look up and be prepared because there are signs to warn us that times will get unimaginably difficult and that we will be tested. That it will be very difficult to keep our lamps full to remain prepared. So we are to be doubly on guard.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

not at all.
I'm saying that whether people are content or miserable is up to them.
I choose to stay content, and not give a crap about what other people do in their bedrooms as long as it's not hurting anyone.

There are, however, MANY people who are hoping and praying and yearning for 'the rapture.'

I agree, I think that if the Pre-Trib rapture doesn't happen (and there is a good chance that this particular belief is incorrect) that it will cause many to "fall away" as they will not be prepared and will take the mark.

What kind of Jackass would someone be if they know a Sh!tstorm is coming and didn't warn anyone and everyone that would listen?

You knew and didn't tell anyone? You didn't warn people? No, I am not going to be silent. If anything I do or post on the internet can ignite a spark in someone then I will do what I can.

That is the main reason I have for posting anything religious on this board.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Rapture or not, we are told to look up and be prepared because there are signs to warn us that times will get unimaginably difficult and that we will be tested.

Times are already unimaginably difficult for BILLIONS of people across the planet.

That it will be very difficult to keep our lamps full to remain prepared.

Ohhh!! You mean, keep your money close?

So we are to be doubly on guard.

Doubly on guard to what end? That you escape the misery of the billions of people who aren't you?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Proverbs 27:12 - A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

I Timothy 5:8 - Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Proverbs 21:20 - In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil; but the foolish man devours all he has”.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Hmmmm.

isn't that right?

Are you seriously implying for someone to "off themselves"?

LOL

Nobody can hasten anything. It is all in God's appointed time.

I for one and just trying to warn people. And hopefully when people continue to see these things come to pass they may wake up.

The poster might be; has a well known dislike for me.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

originally posted by: Klassified
Deathslayer, Borntowatch, and Revolution9...

Thank you for your rebuttals to my posts. I am humbled by such Christ-like behavior. You are stellar examples of the love, forgiveness, and single-mindedness of the Christian faith. Your heart for the lost shines through in your words. Jesus would no doubt be proud of the way you represent him to those who don't know him.

To the OP: The first example you gave is simply a rare astrological event that we happen to be alive to witness. The second is self-fulfilling prophecy at best. imho.

So from a modern fundy christian to an ex fundy christian now a fundy atheist

can you prove your position they are just events.
There does seem like a lot of signs, the world does seem to be experiencing some sort of change

The onus, my fellow fundy, is on Christianity to prove those events are a result of prophecy. Not on the unbeliever to prove they aren't. Nevertheless, no definitive evidence exists that any historical event was the direct result of biblical prophecy.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Rapture or not, we are told to look up and be prepared because there are signs to warn us that times will get unimaginably difficult and that we will be tested.

Times are already unimaginably difficult for BILLIONS of people across the planet.

That it will be very difficult to keep our lamps full to remain prepared.

Ohhh!! You mean, keep your money close?

So we are to be doubly on guard.

Doubly on guard to what end? That you escape the misery of the billions of people who aren't you?

You really seem to occasionally have a reading comprehension problem.

You seem blind to word "spiritually." I will choose to believe that this is a selective blindness so that you can fill in what you would prefer to believe about me.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Parable of the Ten Virgins

This parable means Christ will return at an unknown hour and His people must be ready (you could also die at any time). Being ready means preparing for whatever contingency arises in our lives and keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus at all times while we eagerly await His coming.

As seen in the fact that all the virgins were sleeping when the call came indicates that it doesn’t matter what we are doing when Christ returns. We may be working, eating, sleeping, or pursuing leisure activities. Whatever it is, we must be living in such a way that we don’t have to “make things right” (get more oil) when He comes.

This would apply to either the coming of Christ for His Church or for the Tribulation saints as they await His second coming.

Being ready for Christ’s return ultimately involves one major thing which manifests itself in several areas of our lives. If we would be ready for Christ’s return, we must be born again through saving faith in Jesus Christ…His death, burial and literal resurrection from the dead (John 3:16; 14:6; Romans 10:9 and 10; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Ephesians 2:1-10).

Saving faith in Jesus Christ will manifest itself in every aspect of our lives. The fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22) will begin to show. A desire for greater holiness and less sin will be apparent. And a consistent looking for His coming will mark our lives.

One of the best passages articulating what saving grace and faith look like in a believer’s life is Titus 2:11-14, “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say ‘No’ to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope — the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good."

The five virgins who have the extra oil represent the truly born again who are looking with eagerness to the coming of Christ. They have saving faith and have determined that, whatever occurs, be it lengthy time or adverse circumstances, when Jesus returns, they will be looking with eagerness.

The five virgins without the oil represent false believers who enjoy the benefits of the Christian community without true love for Christ. They are more concerned about the party than about longing to see the bridegroom.

Their hope is that their association with true believers (“give us some of your oil” of verse 8) will bring them into the kingdom at the end. This, of course, is never the case. One person’s faith in Jesus cannot save another.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Satan's reign is still part of the plan that can't be changed, so he is the instrument that god uses to dish out his wrath on unbelievers. It'll be like Job all over again, except with the entire world instead of just one man.

As for gay marriage is concerned, I'm not sure why people are so outraged over it, apparently it's a sign that Jesus is coming back since it's a requirement for the end of days and all. Shouldn't you guys be rejoicing over the fact that one more box has been checked off the list?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

A change that those in power are helping to orchestrate. They've read the bible haven't they? Why would they help to orchestrate their own fall?

I'll give you the most obvious answer: they wouldn't. It's all a part of their playbook, the playbook that had the instructions written all in it, the bible.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Satan's reign is still part of the plan that can't be changed, so he is the instrument that god uses to dish out his wrath on unbelievers. It'll be like Job all over again, except with the entire world instead of just one man.

As for gay marriage is concerned, I'm not sure why people are so outraged over it, apparently it's a sign that Jesus is coming back since it's a requirement for the end of days and all. Shouldn't you guys be rejoicing over the fact that one more box has been checked off the list?

You still don't get it. No one wants the world to end. There is a difference between watching and being prepared and wanting it to happen.

There are many people I care about who will be here if such a thing were to happen, possibly me since no one knows if there will be anything like a Rapture or if they will be going should there be one. NO ONE KNOWS.

So why anticipate such things with eagerness?

Sometimes, it seems to me the rest of you are the ones who want the end to come just so you have one more thing you can blame believers for.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

So you don't want Jesus to come back? If you do, then you want the world to end because that kind of comes along with Jesus' return. You can't have one without the other.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The answer is easy, Choose God over Satan and Wickedness. You may loose your biological life for doing so as Satan will come after the Elect and the people of God but this life is like a blink of the eye in the grand scheme of things. Even though this time is short, what you do here matters. Make it right. Do the right thing.

Accept Jesus / Yeshua HaMashiach as the way, the truth and the light and don't die. Take the lifejacket, be thankful for it, and do what it takes to help others treading water. Help them and help yourself.

What are you giving up in exchange? Really, is any sin in this life really worth loosing immortality and seeing the face of God?

Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

5Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way.

8And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.

9The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Stand Firm

13But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruitsb to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. 14He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

15So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachingsc we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

16May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join