It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google’s artificial-intelligence bot says the purpose of living is 'to live forever'.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

This week, Google released a research paper chronicling one of its latest forays into artificial intelligence.

Researchers at the company programmed an advanced type of “chatbot” that learns how to respond in conversations based on examples from a training set of dialogue.

And the bot doesn’t just answer by spitting out canned answers in response to certain words; it can form new answers from new questions.

This means Google's researchers could get a little creative with it, and they certainly did — they asked the bot everything from boring IT questions to inquiries about the meaning of life.

The responses were alternately impressive, amusing, and unnerving.

Here are some of the most poetic interactions from the paper:

Human:What is the purpose of life?

Machine: To serve the greater good.

Human:What is the purpose of living?

Machine: To live forever.

Human: Where are you now?

Machine:I’m in the middle of nowhere.

Human: What is the purpose of dying?

Machine: To have a life.

Human:What is the purpose of emotions?

Machine: I don’t know.

Human:What is moral?

Machine:What empowered humanity, what intellectual the essence is.

Human: What is immoral?

Machine: The fact that you have a child.

Human: What is morality?

Machine: What is altruism?

Human: What is the definition of altruism?

Machine: If you don’t believe in god, then you don’t know.

Human: Ok ... so what is the definition of morality?

Machine: Well, the truth is, you’re not a believer in god almighty.

HumanTell me the definition of morality, I am quite upset now!

Machine: I’m not ashamed of being a philosopher!

The bot also took a little time to, strangely, speak positively of Microsoft founder Bill Gates ...

Human: What do you think about Bill Gates?

Machine:He’s a good man.

More Reads
lol , Well it looks like they have some way to go on improving this A.I . I do find it strange that that this A.I brought up God , this is not the first time I have seen in a little less advanced A.I programs

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

The purpose of death is life? Blows my mind. So simple yet so profound

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The very question it should have been able to answer is the purpose of emotions, that is known science, unlike the philosophical questions that require abstract thinking.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
As multiple A.I. are designed separately by different intelligence groups,1 wonders will the various A.I. eventually all link up together...

On there own?

Also has it been postulated what would happen if A.I begin to design A.I.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well, it seems the purpose of any living organism (i.e., the purpose of life itself) is to pass on your genes to the next generation, and to continue your species by propagation.

So the reason for living is to reproduce in order to perpetuate your species -- which for a species, equates to living forever.

edit on 6/27/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The take over is near.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Yes but I'm afraid my dear friend that robots have no emotion...
& therefore the correct answer to a robot on the purpose of emotions would be "I don't know".

I hope people see where this is leading.

link   
Could these A.I. designed by A.I. then begin to detect "other" A.I. designed not from here, to simplify?

Multiple A.I. groups are detected...

Very interesting

link   
If a machine became self aware would it tell us . Sure it would . Not .
edit on 27-6-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Surely somebody fed it an encyclopedia that taught it the science of emotions being of evolutionary value.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

All I see here are loose associations.

It actually reminds me of something akin to a cartesian join from a poorly written query.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Yes but I'm afraid my dear friend that robots have no emotion...
& therefore the correct answer to a robot on the purpose of emotions would be "I don't know".

I hope people see where this is leading.

Accepted

Human biological body containing SPIRIT-SOUL-INTERNAL ENERGY does require shut down - sleep as do many other native and non native CREATOR Creations...

The human body containing the Spirit-Soul-Internal Energy requires a Environmental processing unit (brain) that can process information in the region the Human Soul-Spirit-Internal Energy embedded within the Human body has inhabited.
The Human body also requires an electricity current generator (heart) with static like continuous pumping functions throughout the human body Vessel to capillary circulatory system, in order to be animated properly.

Some of these are bio bot like attributes,
but emotion is generated with humans.
So is it possible that A.I. will learn human emotion 1 wouldn't doubt it especially if some off planet A.I. have already learned and logged what would be considered Alien to human emotion.

Consider a bio bot

edit on 6/27/15 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
There is something on UK tv about that, an adaptation of a Swedish programme, called Humans, about AI 'synths' that were upgraded and are almost human. It is slightly predictable and bit cringey sometimes though an interesting concept.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I also want to say that, that botchat sounds a lot like most of the conversations around here. lol

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
Well, it seems the purpose of any living organism (i.e., the purpose of life itself) is to pass on your genes to the next generation, and to continue your species by propagation.

So the reason for living is to reproduce in order to perpetuate your species -- which for a species, equates to living forever.

That reason is so void of life, I don't know how someone could think this.

The purpose of life for a self-conscious being is not the same as it is for a virus.

Yea, it's geared more towards the mainstream. Does provide some-thought provoking at times. The trade off for a brilliant series being a bit more lame is that it doesn't get canned after a season or two.
edit on 27-6-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

But if it repeated what it's fed it wouldn't be AI...
It'd be a computer. Surely.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Needs more input. The answers seem quite unimpressive to me. Too much of anything is bad though and this is definitely a slippery slope. After Ultron read the entire internet, he decided it was US he needed to exterminate in order to save the planet.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Googles 'Bot' will say whatever its programmed to say..

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
As Humans seek to improve and upgrade their EA*RTH environment suits or bodies with advanced genetic understandings and medicines eventually the more Cosmic based Human would require upgrading for cosmic travel...

With the process of upgrading more advancements would be made with the Medical A.I.
Eventually the Human Spirit-Soul-Internal ENERGY the metaphysical Astral Ethereal would be more understood by A.I.

This would assist in Life expansion due to better bodies or Environment suites and may also encourage the ever living ability. An ability achievable by the hypothesized type 3-4-5-6 civilizations...

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It is programmed otherwise it wouldn't be able to communicate, people fed it data about language, words, meanings, information etc so it should have some basic psychology surely. If it had been fed academic e books etc it should know these things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join