It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomcat Horror Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
WARNING: Some images in the following video may be disturbing to some Avnerds.

In 2007 a contractor was paid 900,000 to thoroughly destroy 23 F-14's in order to keep any part of them out of Iranian hands.

Oh the humanity.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

The only ones I hate more are the B-52s getting the guillotine.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Those are hard to watch too. The loss of the history in those things are enough to bring a tear to your eye.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Best Warplane ever built.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

My God! Those are real monster!

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This is depressing. I adore the F-14. My grandfather served 28 years in the Navy as an airplane mechanic on carriers and retired in the early 70s from the VF-124 at Miramar (aka Top Gun) which was an F-14 training squadron, so these jets have a special place in my heart. I still keep an Aardvark patch in my wallet from his time in the VF-114.

www.google.com...=HFBRUbUq3son4M%3 A

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The only ones I hate more are the B-52s getting the guillotine.

Geez, but I loved Rock Lobster and Love Shack.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
That hurt to watch. Video make bass sad.

Can't they donate them to a kid's playground or something to keep them out of iranian hands. put some ladders and slides Iiff of them for the kids to climb on. Maybe some rubber nerf padding on the wings. Anything but the industrial shredder.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
idk why defunct aircraft cannot be rigged as an autopilot drone for a 1-way attack or decoy mission.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Some are turned into QFs and used for target drones for live fire training. After they ran out of F-4s they started in on F-16s.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Not even going to watch it, cant handle that FUBAR stuff tonight. I`d have kept one, maybe two perfectly safe from any Iranians, Californians, Antarticans, or Tom Cruise. Washed, waxed and lubed weekly of course.

Its almost as bad as watching QF-4s and Century series Q fighters used as target practice.

a reply to: Zaphod58

Those were just CGI, never happened.

a reply to: BASSPLYR

Cut the nose with cockpit off, pack it full of electronics and hydraulics and have the greatest flight simulator ever created.
edit on 27-6-2015 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
caption should read:

"In 2007 a contractor was paid 900,000 to thoroughly destroy 23 F-14's in order... for the military to scream how they don't have enough aircraft to meet the emerging threat from (insert foreign nation of choice here) and they need billions of more tax dollars or we're all going to die right this instant!"

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
When I was watching the video, all I kept hearing was "om nom nom."

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I thought it was probably destroyed enough to prevent Iran from using the parts, before they put the parts in the giant shredder!
It is a sad sight to see, such a notable machine getting destroyed.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
You guys DO realize that the whole "we have to destroy them to keep them out of Iranian hands" is just a BS excuse/cover story right?

So that A, they cant be used again and leave the US Navy with a hole to fill, and B, so said hole creates an excuse to force the navy to buy F-35C's that they never really wanted?

LEE.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
And they say Iran is not a superpower . dude we simply ARE .

US destroys its own fighters to avoid Iran from obtaining their parts .

Them Iranian witches

Edit : AVnerds as you call them can participate in Kish international airshow , they can see upgraded F-14AM every year from 10 meters away

edit on 28-6-2015 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

It didn't matter. They weren't going to fly again no matter what.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
as long as they keep their dad gummed track hoes away from my FB-111's....I'll go off on 'em. for that....lol

edit on 28-6-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

new topics

top topics

join