It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earth Support? Or is just another Faked Globe Video?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

I'm not trying to convince anyone that the earth is flat,I do wish to explore the possibility

What possibility is there?

I like to deny the indoctrination and the lies fed to all of us

Why not apply that to the FE propaganda?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

I'm not trying to convince anyone that the earth is flat,I do wish to explore the possibility

I don't have to it's the skunks works forum! what are you guys doing tag teaming?
if your not interested in discussing the possibility then don't click into the thread leave it to those who are interested,sh!t is it that hard to understand?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Like I said, what possibility is there? Discuss.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TWILITE22

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

I don't have to it's the skunks works forum! what are you guys doing tag teaming?
if your not interested in discussing the possibility then don't click into the thread leave it to those who are interested,sh!t is it that hard to understand?

Dude, there are no possibilities, I know this is Skunk Works, but there are still NO possiblities of FE being correct. If you want to "discuss" it, then maybe go to a science fiction forum.

EVERYTHING the Op has said has been wrong, most time palm/forehead wrong. And he has ignored the arguments he could not muster up bad science for. Come on man! People are replying because its funny, its so stupid that its funny and entertaining. Think of it as the novelty factor, trying to convince the man who just crawled out of a cave that the earth is a globe.

I realise this is a conspiracy forum, but FE theory is truly idiotic.

let me restate this: There is ZERO chance of flat earth theory being right. ZERO. 0.000000000000. So, what is there to discuss?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Dude, there are no possibilities, I know this is Skunk Works, but there are still NO possiblities of FE being correct. If you want to "discuss" it, then maybe go to a science fiction forum.
and you know this for certain? really have you been in space to know this as fact?
not too many have been in space and the ones that have well lets just say their sponsors are not known to tell the truth all the time ...right?
What the bigger question is why are the uninterested coming into this thread if it affronts your senses so much?jeez when I'm not interested in any conspiracy I don't go into any thread just to make myself feel so much more intelligent and endlessly mock others and call people names...do you feel superior when you do this?
it is skunk works where everyone's imaginations cut loose,we barnstorm ideas don't you think that it's fun to do that once in a while?

well then maybe ats should have an idiotic forum for these conspiracies,lol, go ahead and talk to the owners and see if we may form one.But even then you and the others will still find a way to ridicule those that do not follow the rules of creativity and original ideas.step outside of the box and get some fresh air,lol I promise you'll have fun!
much love to all of you masquerader's of thought and intolerant ideas

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

well I believe it means to willfully ignore the evidence presented in a theory

Even when that theory has been proven wrong since around 250 BC.?

and since we are on a conspiracy forum I would add one that refuses to go outside of the box to look at evidence pertaining to alternate theories on any given subject, or to willfully ignore evidence of alternate theories...or is this not a conspiracy forum anymore?

Yes this is a conspiracy forum, but when a theory has been proven long before 1 A.D. it isn't a conspiracy and their is no evidence that thinking outside the box can change.

I'm not trying to convince anyone that the earth is flat,I do wish to explore the possibility...I like to deny the indoctrination and the lies fed to all of us

Well I would hope not, as there is nothing that can be shown that proves the Earth is anything other than round like a globe.

SO you think science and firsthand knowledge are lies, and those who believe it are indoctrinated...I guess that's your right.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Yes it is the skunk works forum, but that doesn't mean you have to quit using common sense and ignoring facts provided by science.

If it were 200 BC you might have an argument about the Earth possibly being flat...but since this is the 21st century there is nothing that can be discussed that might show the Earth could be flat.

How hard is that to understand?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

f it were 200 BC you might have an argument about the Earth possibly being flat...but since this is the 21st century there is nothing that can be discussed that might show the Earth could be flat.
ok ok the earth is round ...feel better? it seems like it's necessary for you to get the last word in, your correct the earth is round.actually I think you stay awake at night worried to death about what I think or discuss I find that really bizarre and extraordinary...I've never seen such strange behavior or possibly do I know you?... does your paycheck depend on what my opinions are? lol this is too weird for me.
edit on 30-7-2015 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ThreeDeuce

This literally makes no sense. If the earth was a flat disc you could reach its edges in any direction so if you tried to keep going in any direction, completely around, you'd fall off. Everyone who's ever flow around the world in any direction has disproven your point a million times over.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

a reply to: 3danimator2014

and you know this for certain? really have you been in space to know this as fact?
not too many have been in space and the ones that have well lets just say their sponsors are not known to tell the truth all the time ...right?
What the bigger question is why are the uninterested coming into this thread if it affronts your senses so much?jeez when I'm not interested in any conspiracy I don't go into any thread just to make myself feel so much more intelligent and endlessly mock others and call people names...do you feel superior when you do this?
it is skunk works where everyone's imaginations cut loose,we barnstorm ideas don't you think that it's fun to do that once in a while?

well then maybe ats should have an idiotic forum for these conspiracies,lol, go ahead and talk to the owners and see if we may form one.But even then you and the others will still find a way to ridicule those that do not follow the rules of creativity and original ideas.step outside of the box and get some fresh air,lol I promise you'll have fun!
much love to all of you masquerader's of thought and intolerant ideas

Yes, i know this for certain. For 100% certain. And im sorry to have to shout this, but:

YOU DONT HAVE TO GO TO SPACE TO KNOW THE WORLD IS A GLOBE

Children know this.

And how do you account for the hundreds of people who have sent up iphones and cameras high up with balloons and taken images of the sperical earth?

But to answer your question again, yes, i know with 100% certainty.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I do. Personally and for fact.

I have flown from the UK to Japan, then from Japan to LA, then to Ottawa and back to the UK.

At NO POINT did the plane flip upside down or did we see the lego blocks under the "flat earth". We went East the whole way back to where I started.

It's round(ish). It isn't flat. There is nothing to argue or discuss; there is NO possibility it's flat. How can you possibly think this in the 21st century? Did you not go to school? Did you not learn about mass, gravity and celestial bodies? How solar systems work?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

I do. Personally and for fact.

I have flown from the UK to Japan, then from Japan to LA, then to Ottawa and back to the UK.

It's round(ish). It isn't flat. There is nothing to argue or discuss; there is NO possibility it's flat. How can you possibly think this in the 21st century? Did you not go to school? Did you not learn about mass, gravity and celestial bodies? How solar systems work?

read my previous posts I'm far from arguing at all.
I have also flown around the world It was some time ago and the question never entered my paradigm at the time...why is everyone so concerned with what I think are you trying to save me from something do you really care that much about me? It is sorta flattering,lol, one question though has ats become a dictatorship?..please make easier for me and all on ats and create a thread to let everyone know what is allowed to be discussed....I'm slipping into the the twilight zone!
all you naysayers need to get a life outside the box and computer.
yes I was indoctrinated just as you were...
here watch the video since everyone keeps harassing me,its this information that I cannot dispute,it makes much more sense than earth,sun,solar system all spinning tilting and going in circles...and please watch the video before commenting.watch them and point out the exact piece of evidence that you don't agree with....lol,educate this poor ignorant soul.

also to point out than no railroad was ever built with the curvature of the earth taken into consideration,this applies to buildings,railways, and canals.Surveyors do not take the curvature into consideration when surveying.

"Surveyors,engineers and architects are never required to factor the supposed curvature of the Earth into their projects,providing the Earth is a plane not a planet.Canals and railways are always cut and laid horizontally ,often over hundreds of miles,without any allowance for curvature."
Another surveyor and engineer of 30 years wrote to the Birmingham Weekly Mercury,Feb 15th,1890 stating,"I am thoroughly acquainted with the theory and practice of civil engineering.However bigoted some of our professors may be in the theory of surveying according to the prescribed rules,yet it is well known among us that such theoretical measurements are incapable of any practical illustration. All our locomotives are designed to run on what may be regarded as true levels or flats. There are of course partial inclines or gradients here and there. But anything approaching to eight inches in the mile ,increasing as the square of the distance,could not be worked by any engine that was ever constructed."
"Taking one station with another all over England and Scotland,it may be stated that all platforms are on the same relative level.The distance between Eastern and Western coasts of England may be set down as 300 miles.If the prescribed curvature was indeed as represented ,the central stations at Rugby or Warwick ought to be close upon three miles higher than a chord drawn from the two extremities."
"We can only laugh at your readers who seriously give us credit for such venturesome exploits, as running trains round spherical curves.Horizontal curves on levels are dangerous enough ,vertical curves would be a thousand times worse ,and with our rolling stock constructed as at present is physically impossible."

Engineer ,W. Winckler wrote into the Earth Review October 1893 regarding the supposed curvature ,stating "As an engineer of many years standing ,I saw this absurd allowance is only permitted in school books.No engineer would dream of allowing anything of the kind.I have projected many miles of railways and canals and the allowance has not even been thought of much less allowed for."

"100 proofs Earth not a globe" Samuel Rowbothan
you see it makes sense when you do some research...if and when I come off the fence I'm on concerning to totally commit to the flat earth I will let you know but as of this moment I shall stay on the fence.
edit on 31-7-2015 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If we are going to discuss FE as a feasible possibility we might as well throw in as well the possibility that lightning is caused by Zeus throwing bolts about whilst Thors hammer gives us thunder. And the Sun is pushed across the sky by a dung beetle.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

If it were 200 BC you might have an argument about the Earth possibly being flat...but since this is the 21st century there is nothing that can be discussed that might show the Earth could be flat.

How hard is that to understand?
even in the 21st century truth still counts it never goes out of style. I've said before though I'm on the fence I don't believe it as of this moment.But I do think you guys are really trying to convince me of something I currently believe...which is really strange? do you care about what I think? do you treat everyone this way?....thanks anyway ,lol,it is my will to think anything I wish.
are there any conspiracies that you do believe?to me it doesn't look that way so why do you come into a conspiracy forum to what? enlighten us with your vast knowledge?...are you god behind that red white and blue? lol, come on you can tell me I won't say a word.
by the way change your avatar to something a bit more positive,every time I look at it I get a bad vibe,and don't take it the wrong way.

anytime it looks curve in the photo's its due to the wide angle lenses used that causes visual distortions or convex non-rectilinear appearance.

A fisheye lens is an ultra wide-angle lens that produces strong visual distortion intended to create a wide panoramic or hemispherical image.[1][2] Fisheye lenses achieve extremely wide angles of view by forgoing producing images with straight lines of perspective (rectilinear images), opting instead for a special mapping (for example: equisolid angle), which gives images a characteristic convex non-rectilinear appearance.

fish eye lenses
GoPro cameras

The reason GoPro videos have a slight fish-eye effect, is due to the wide angle lens on the camera. It's actually called a barrel distortion, which is a result of having the 170 degree lens. This curve/barrel distortion allows for the 170 degree ultra wide angle shots that GoPro is known for.

GoPro

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

In my experience, as a photographer, a wide angle lens causes the horizon to curve upwards at either side; a fish eye lens very much more so ....

I have never seen a effect that cause the horizon to curve downwards

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

you see it makes sense when you do some research...if and when I come off the fence I'm on concerning to totally commit to the flat earth I will let you know but as of this moment I shall stay on the fence.

All you have shown is that those engineers did not understand gravity.

This is hilarous. I love how certain you are of a flat earth. Brilliant. It proves beyond all reasonable doubt that no matter how certain the contrary evidence is all you need is one dumb you tube video to prove that your point is correct and the thousands of years of human development means naff all!

There are so many threads with less "bleedin obvious" nonsense factor but nonetheless follow the same path. Outright denial of evidence (especially hundreds of years of established physics), unrolling "experts" (who are not!) and then the infamous you tube video filmed in a basement or the sad lonely gits bedroom. The only proof you will ever need!!!!!

Now next week I'm going to go on ferry across the channel and the boat will sink after 12 miles since the earth is flat. What other explanation is there for what I observe at port. If it was curved everyone would live and disembark round the world a bit.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
my one question is....why is there even a thread about this in 2015???.......are there people that have eaten lead all their life, and/or, do not have the mental capacity to understand basic science?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I too am wondering why people even come up with asinine threads or ideas like this in 2015.

The Flat Earth theory, the Hollow Earth theory, etc.

I'm assuming people are just very, very, *very* bored.
edit on 31-7-2015 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

ok ok the earth is round ...feel better?

You tell me, as it is nice to see you finally admit it.

it seems like it's necessary for you to get the last word in, your correct the earth is round.

Actually science is correct...I am just passing along the knowledge.

actually I think you stay awake at night worried to death about what I think or discuss I find that really bizarre and extraordinary.

That's funny, because why would I care what an anonymous person on a conspiracy theory forum thinks...so don't flatter yourself.

does your paycheck depend on what my opinions are? lol this is too weird for me.

I must be a lucky one, as that is the third time this month someone has asked about whether I got paid to post here...amazing.

Just so you know my paycheck depends on the company I work for and their ability to keep the orders going out...but that really isn't any of your business, so how about staying on topic.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Aarsvin

I am no scientist, but my god, that picture of the earth rise looks like something off Metroid Man for SNES.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join