It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earth Support? Or is just another Faked Globe Video?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: ThreeDeuce
I didn't realise NASA were around to fool Aristotle with their photoshopped photos!

Me either!

Those tricky devils!
edit on 7/18/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
( By the way, my english is bad, but i got the best proof possible, can be test on google map )

Lol, this prouve that religious school and home-schooled kids is pretty bad.

About "Why a sattelite stay in place" it's caught in earth gravity lol. Come on you know that right ? xD. + we ajust the satellite to place it where we want.

The photo you post are just a glitch/error. These are digital photo, not old school photo where u have to develop them with photo film etc.

And for the "proof" that you can test.

Go on google earth, go see the "Fleuve St-Laurent" in Quebec. Go to street view Trois-Pistol. You will see the earth and montain on the other side of the fleuve/river.
THEN go more east like Matane, go so street view again near the water. And you can't see the other side anymore!!! Due to the curve of the earth and that our Fleuver/River is really big.
I saw it my self lol, can't believe some people think the earth is flat xD.

Lol, do you go outside OP ? xD

Off-topic a bit, here we have a cult/secte like "Mission de l'esprit saint/ Mission of the St spirit " and they home-schooled their kid. They learn them that the earth is a Pear + more weird stuff.

I don't know where u went to school or your religion surronding... But it seem to cut you off the real world.

Maybe where you live you dont have a big fleuve/River so you can "test" it... But come on xD.

Go check some parachute jump you will see the curve of the earth xD or the Redbull mega jump 2 yr ago xD. Or do a parachute jump to see if yourself, or take a plane trip.

Still was fun/funny to read xD.

edit on 18-7-2015 by FreeQuebec86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: FreeQuebec86

Hey now, I was homeschooled (mostly self-schooled, really) until high school...Other than that, I agree with what you said.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
A thread where people don't believe the world is round. Jesus H Christ! Mind numbing. Is this really 2015 because it seems more like 1520 !

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
How and why is this 11 freakin' pages long??? It should have ended right after the first dult suggested the earth is flat. Countless scientists, mathematicians, astrophysicists and astronomers...not to mention several countries space programs...have all been wrong or lying to us...and some guy just figured it all out on his own??? Then again, think half the threads on here are just as wild and unfounded.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Before the 1500's the majority of the worlds population were flat Earthers.
Is that because people were stupider back then, or just organized differently with more information left hidden from the masses?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The answer is indoctrination.

No. The answer is physics, evidence, and mostly critical thinking.

Would critical thinking alone be enough to distinguish a "virtual space craft" made of composite earth orbit photographs from a much more expensive flight actually close to Pluto?

I disagree, the general public does not know the technical limits and would need to be indoctrinated.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Bzzzt! Wrong.

Ancient Greeks knew the world was round and it's been universally accepted since.

The Columbus stuff was a lie, he didn't discover the world was round at all

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

At the risk of being declared legally drunk, would that knowledge have have been limited to the Pythagoreans?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I think 'flat earthers' need to take a long hard look at themselves.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
Is that because people were stupider back then, or just organized differently with more information left hidden from the masses?

How can someone be declared stupid, without knowledge?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Limited?

I doubt it, the Greeks liked to share their knowledge..

This wiki page describes it better than I can..

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: spygeek
The Earth is not round!.

This has been proven.

It is an oblate spheroid.

Seriously, where do people get these crazy notions?

it's pear shaped! lol we live on a bloody pear!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

Today is the day when the Horizon reaches Pluto on it's monumental mission of discovery.

OK

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThreeDeuce
a reply to: InhaleExhale

as you can see... you failed to explain gravity without theory.
trying to insult me with trivial things like jump..... I won't stoop to your level.

No, I think you failed to understand what was said.

You never asked for any theories, you were given formulas in the post you were replying to where you could input data and do the testing yourself, I just gave you an easy personal test to confirm for yourself that if you jump you will land and wont float away.

I knew it would be too confusing for you.

Yes jumping is very trivial,

hence why I said at the end of my post not too try as such a trivial task might cause injury.

If NASA has faked and edited the moon and Earth shots, why is it such a jump to think that they could lie about Round Earth?

because jumping is so trivial is it not?

I guess you failed to explain faked and edited images without theory and need to use trivial things such as jumping to explain your position.

I thought you said you wont stoop to my level, well it looks like you were already at that level and I just tried giving you an example someone on your level might understand,

Silly me,

Sorry to waste your time, carry on

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Useurbrain

How and why is this 11 freakin' pages long???

Welcome to the Skunkworks...where any conspiracy lives no matter what evidence you have to the contrary of the OP.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

And yet...

240 B.C.: Greek astronomer, geographer, mathematician and librarian Eratosthenes calculates the Earth's circumference. His data was rough, but he wasn't far off.
Eratosthenes was an all-around guy, a Renaissance man centuries before the Renaissance. Some contemporaries called him Pentathalos, a champion of multiple skills. The breadth of his knowledge made him a natural for the post of librarian of the library of Alexandria, Egypt, the greatest repository of classical knowledge.

archive.wired.com...

They weren't.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Useurbrain

How and why is this 11 freakin' pages long???

Welcome to the Skunkworks...where any conspiracy lives no matter what evidence you have to the contrary of the OP.

Sadly what was intended to be a think tank of sorts for ideas lacking supporting evidence has transitioned into a trash bin of sorts for 'conspiracy' for the sake of 'conspiracy'. As you said, regardless of evidence to the contrary. There is a huge difference in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThreeDeuce
And is humorous that they expect me to defend parts of other people's theories....Like I ever said the sun was a spotlight over the Earth. Just shows people don't know what scientific critique is, and you only critique that person's assertions.

here's an interesting video you may like...

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Why else would NASA lie? Why don't we have images or videos of the Globe Earth? You seem to question everyone else, but not NASA... pretty ridiculous.

Explain how a satellite can stay perfectly in orbit for such a period? With our planet flying so fast in the solar system, with our solary system flying so fast in the galaxy.. NOPE, that's a load of bullocks

better question is why do we not have photo's of the Earth from space with all these many many satellites orbiting around?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join