It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart makes ISIS cake, bans Confederate Flag cake.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: payta

It's not illegal...

They just adopted a policy not to make them.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
a reply to: Komodo
Walmart has no policy for "ISIS" cakes yet, what are they supposed to do? ....more stirring the sh•t.

To cover pigeon genitals??

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
So the flag of an American/Israeli backed murderous cult that currently believes in nothing but death and ripping apart regions and people is fine...But a flag representing an era nobody now alive even lived in, is wrong?

Good luck America...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Walmart has no policy for "ISIS" cakes yet, what are they supposed to do? ....more stirring the sh•t.

They shouldn't have to have a policy for common sense...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
WTF?

Speechless.

Tryna think of some sh#tty wordplay...

Still thinking...

Aha...

Is this the Isis-ing on the cake?

Can you please cease and de-isis-t these wordplay games...thanks.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
WTF?

Speechless.

Tryna think of some sh#tty wordplay...

Still thinking...

Aha...

Is this the Isis-ing on the cake?

Can you please cease and de-isis-t these wordplay games...thanks.

I agree, but these wordplay games are just too irre-isis-table.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I highly doubt the employees who made the cake even knew it was an ISIS flag.
I mean, it is Wal-Mart. A Southern Wal-Mart at that.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

OK...Watched the video...NOW THE OBVIOUS...

The cake that Walmart made was with Arabic Characters...What bakery worker at Walmart would recognize that as an ISIS Battle flag? They very likely thought it said "Happy Birthday" in Arabic!

Whether or not Walmart should make cakes with the confederate flag is a legitimate dabate, but let's not insult our own intelligence to get there.

Of course they didn't recognize the ISIS flag. How silly to pretend otherwise.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well now that it's been addressed with Wal Mart's reply and the media. They to to make note of it to the Bakery Departments to not use it. Then again the Federal Government didn't ask WalMart to remove the ISIL(taking back Isis for Egyptian history)flag nor terrorist symbols,etc. Wonder if they will require it to be not displayed as well?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

The cake that Walmart made was with Arabic Characters...What bakery worker at Walmart would recognize that as an ISIS Battle flag? They very likely thought it said "Happy Birthday" in Arabic!

Whether or not Walmart should make cakes with the confederate flag is a legitimate dabate, but let's not insult our own intelligence to get there.

But i keep saying............ WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THEM NOT AT LEAST REALIZING TO PUT 2+2 TOGETHER AND SEEIING SOMETHING MIGHT BE OFF......

Read my posts above ..

I'm blue in the face already
edit on 29-6-2015 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2015 by Komodo because: because i must

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Exactly my thought. If there is no "official policy", do they expect a low paid worker to make the policy for them? People need to get a grip.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The chances are likely if they have not seen ISIS parading that flag...

Unless he told them, "Hey, I want this ISIS battle flag on my cake" then it can not be said they knew for sure.
It is possible he told them it meant something completely different, we don't know.
Notice how he doesn't zoom in on that order form to show what it says???

Should they have known, yes they should.
Is it possible they did not, yes it is.

Neither cake should have been made as they both stand for the same thing, hate.

Also, the wlamart that wouldn't make the confederate flag wasn't the same one that wouldn't make the ISIS flag.
Wonder why he went to two different walmarts...
Could the first one have denied both?
edit on thMon, 29 Jun 2015 14:03:30 -0500America/Chicago620153080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Well now that it's been addressed with Wal Mart's reply and the media. They to to make note of it to the Bakery Departments to not use it. Then again the Federal Government didn't ask WalMart to remove the ISIL(taking back Isis for Egyptian history)flag nor terrorist symbols,etc. Wonder if they will require it to be not displayed as well?

Well, maybe the gov should....just in case no ome on the planet hss heard of ISIS that is nearly on our doorsteps from what the MSM & social media has been touting for the last yesr.............

Just say'n.....

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

originally posted by: Indigo5

But i keep saying............ WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THEM NOT AT LEAST REALIZING TO PUT 2+2 TOGETHER AND SEEIING SOMETHING MIGHT BE OFF......

Well, at least fifty/fifty as he had to go to two Walmarts to find one that would do it.

They most likely are telling the truth that they didn't know what it was but regardless it was just a decision made by some peons in one store.

It's not corporate policy. Nobody at Walmart is supporting ISIS. It's obviously not going to happen again and it's really a non-issue.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I like to watch the south be forced to change and I'm happy your flag is going away. You might claim it just 'represents the South' and has nothing to do with slavery, and maybe you even personally believe that. But it is so intimately tied to slavery as a single issue. Do other flags represent nations that have done bad stuff? Absolutely, but they are not tied to that bad stuff as a single issue.

Did the stars and stripes contribute to senseless native deaths? Yes. Is that the same as hanging a Nazi flag and equating it with Jewish deaths? No, because the Nazi flag specifically stands for that.

You can claim the Confederate flag doesn't stand for slavery and racism, but that's about as true as saying the civil war wasn't about slavery.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: eriktheawful

Cost of living. Exactly.

Due to COL most of the employees do not make enough to meet that. As far as hour vs pay and how employers compensate, that doesn't belong in this thread. I do not, however, think Walmart takes *regional* COL onto account when deciding employee pay. That's simply my opinion, however, based upon things I see and here from across the country. I don't know what those employees make here, but due to the national COL it seems most of them are barely meeting that.

Needless to say, I'm always happy to drive to SC because gas is so cheap.

Getting off topic though.

Thank you for your first hand experience.

I work at Walmart, most people don't make "enough" to meet ends because when they're offered full-time they won't take it. I've worked in multiple stores in multiple states, and at every store about 80% of employees are completely lazy: Young, old, they all do what ever possible to get out of work.

The current CEO of Walmart started as a cart-pusher, he now makes more than a million a year. Walmart takes great care of deserving employees. Right now Walmart's hiring people at 9$ an hour, at the start of '16 it'll be 10....to Stock shelves. TO stock shelves. Most people I've worked with whine and bitch about stocking shelves. I once believed Walmart was an evil corporation until I was hired, then I promptly realized it's the employees. They will literally hide to not STOCK SHELVES. I once thought the mass majority of the populace were decent people and actually fairly smart until I worked at Walmart.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

The civil war wasn't about slavery alone, there were massive political factors tied to it. Lincoln himself didn't give a damn about slavery and issued Emancipation Proclamation simply to destabilise the South. This wasn't until near end of 1862, the war had been running for two years prior to this point and the South was winning.

You can say that the flag is racist and that is all it represents, but this is heavily subjective and mostly influenced by globalist history text books, the same globalist order that all, regardless of political standing, should be against...If not, I have to ask why those people are on ATS?

It is always interesting to note how some people will view the elite with disdain, yet allow themselves to be brainwashed by their propaganda, policies and legislations. That's like saying "Well I don't trust this serial killing rapist offering me a bed to sleep back at his one bit, but may be I'll just go back to his for a glass of wine". That wouldn't make sense would it? The elite should be viewed in exactly the same manner. The elite are psychopaths, deranged social engineers consumed by pathological greed. Everything to do with them will be just the same. Everything that is promoted as positive within our society will not be positive for us, if it was positive for us, it wouldn't be promoted at all. All that we read and see on a mass scale through state education, television and radio,as well as MSM news outlets, is engineered by the same elite. The films and TV shows, are engineered by the same elite. We are at a point in time now where everything that we are shown, is done so for a reason. So why simply cherry pick what should be trusted? Nothing they say in any shape or form, should be trusted!

The world is looking to take down the confederate flag, well that's enough for me to say that the confederate flag is a symbol of resistance against tyranny.
edit on 30-6-2015 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Yeah because cakes are really important right ?

Watch out the guys got a cake ! ... Put your hands up and step away from the cake.

C...

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well what is the point? For gods sake, grow up

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretFace
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

The civil war wasn't about slavery alone, there were massive political factors tied to it. Lincoln himself didn't give a damn about slavery and issued Emancipation Proclamation simply to destabilise the South. This wasn't until near end of 1862, the war had been running for two years prior to this point and the South was winning.

You can say that the flag is racist and that is all it represents, but this is heavily subjective and mostly influenced by globalist history text books, the same globalist order that all, regardless of political standing, should be against...If not, I have to ask why those people are on ATS?

It is always interesting to note how some people will view the elite with disdain, yet allow themselves to be brainwashed by their propaganda, policies and legislations. That's like saying "Well I don't trust this serial killing rapist offering me a bed to sleep back at his one bit, but may be I'll just go back to his for a glass of wine". That wouldn't make sense would it? The elite should be viewed in exactly the same manner. The elite are psychopaths, deranged social engineers consumed by pathological greed. Everything to do with them will be just the same. Everything that is promoted as positive within our society will not be positive for us, if it was positive for us, it wouldn't be promoted at all. All that we read and see on a mass scale through state education, television and radio,as well as MSM news outlets, is engineered by the same elite. The films and TV shows, are engineered by the same elite. We are at a point in time now where everything that we are shown, is done so for a reason. So why simply cherry pick what should be trusted? Nothing they say in any shape or form, should be trusted!

The world is looking to take down the confederate flag, well that's enough for me to say that the confederate flag is a symbol of resistance against tyranny.

'The elite' tell me killing is wrong. Does that mean it's right to you? Imagining the elite as some monolithic structure in total concordance with each other is a joke. People have their own opinions, even the elite. Some of those elite are shady and can do shady stuff that non elite shady people could only dream about. But that doesn't mean every single thing is done by them. You've already cherrypicked as I showed.

Secondly, I don't give a damn when Lincoln gave the emancipation proclamation. You say the South wanted states rights. States rights for what? Slavery. It was economic. Over what? Slavery.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join