It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart makes ISIS cake, bans Confederate Flag cake.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
How messed up is this world when all people care about is moaning about the historical context of a flag, it wasn't being banned last month, and the jerks of the world trying their messed up agenda using freaking cake decorations.

The gay guy that sued a Christian bakery for not decorating a gay marriage cake. ISIS supporters asking walmart for their flag cake, maybe they would of sued them if they didn't.

Victim culture mentality has to stop, it has become a land of opportunist idiots of zero conscience.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

The cake is a lie!

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Cost of living. Exactly.

Due to COL most of the employees do not make enough to meet that. As far as hour vs pay and how employers compensate, that doesn't belong in this thread. I do not, however, think Walmart takes *regional* COL onto account when deciding employee pay. That's simply my opinion, however, based upon things I see and here from across the country. I don't know what those employees make here, but due to the national COL it seems most of them are barely meeting that.

Needless to say, I'm always happy to drive to SC because gas is so cheap.

Getting off topic though.

Thank you for your first hand experience.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Anyone else notice that the cake is BLACK - surrounded by WHITE.

BLACK surrounded by WHITE

Bloody racist cake maker - I bet he's a gay white jew of Ethiopian descent who, like Rachel D identifies as a black and is just race baiting with the Isising - LOL good one Charlie, that's gold.

Australia needs Walmarts - who can I complain to about this clear discrimination against Australians wanting a shop that sells booze and in the next aisle is guns, fridges, TV's and hot-tubs?

edit on 27-6-2015 by Sublimecraft because: spelling and beer

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I'm offended that the cake is mostly BLACK, with just a little bit of white.

NO, wait.

I'm offended that the cake shows white SURROUNDING and oppressing the black.

Now I'm confused how to be offended.

Awesome post Sublime.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If it's any consolation, the FBI is probably going to be all up in the business of whoever bought it.

TIP:

For you going away party before leaving for Syria, don't get an ISIS cake made.
edit on 6/27/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/27/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I dunno guys and gals, you'd have to have been living under a rock for 2 years not to know what the ISIS flag looks like.

You would be surprised how many Americans are living under a rock. There are people who are just plain oblivious to current events. How many times do we see comedy segments on TV of people being stopped on the street and asked simple current event questions in which they are clueless!!

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I dunno guys and gals, you'd have to have been living under a rock for 2 years not to know what the ISIS flag looks like.

You would be surprised how many Americans are living under a rock. There are people who are just plain oblivious to current events. How many times do we see comedy segments on TV of people being stopped on the street and asked simple current event questions in which they are clueless!!

Exactly. Most people have no clue in general, and most people have no clue the level of ignorance that's prevalent. From people who have no clue about their own elected officials and leaders, to those around the world.
This is what happens when people are shut off from the supple of information (and it makes people easier to control because of their indifference and ignorance).

That's what's scary, for our country, what what some people want.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ill say it if it hasn't.

A majority of black people shop at Wal-Mart.

The didn't want to alienate their shoppers, so they removed all references to the confederate flag.

The number of ISIS members who shop at Wal-Mart?

You've got me by the sneaks...

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I'd be surprised if the majority of Americans could even find Syria and Iraq on a map much more have any idea what is going on over there.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

How many times do we see comedy segments on TV of people being stopped on the street and asked simple current event questions in which they are clueless!!

And speaking of late night TV, it would be funny to do a bit on what kind of stupidity you could get a bakery at Walmart to put on a cake.

I'll bet an ISIS flag is just the tip of the iceberg!

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

WOW, what with atrocity's being committed by ISIS that would make Satin it self proud how is there still people out there that don't know who or what they are.

I wish what ever these people are smoking would pass it around, I would love to get the everyday insanity of ISIS out of my head.

I think what someone said about Wal Mart now being ISIS b*t*h said it all.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I wonder if I walked into that same Walmart, and asked to have a cake decorated with this flag on top...would they still refuse?

edit on 6/27/2015 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Dayum

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Freedom of Religion is supported by the First Amendment.

If Wal-Mart were to refuse to make this cake, then ISIS supporters would correctly sue, claiming religious discrimination.

Christians need to remember that religious freedom means freedom for ALL religions, not just Christianity.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

I would hope they would say we will make it with the same message but not in that way.

Sorry but that flag is a clear symbol of isis and does not need to be replicated. They have tarnished that for some time now.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: babybunnies

I would hope they would say we will make it with the same message but not in that way.

Sorry but that flag is a clear symbol of isis and does not need to be replicated. They have tarnished that for some time now.

The flag of ISIS is definitely tarnished. However, due to First Amendment laws, WalMart is unable to refuse to make this.

If you truly believe in the Constitution of the United States, you would understand that it applies to foreigners in the United States, no matter their opinion.

What's interesting (and what most Americans forget) is that the Constitution applies to foreigners in the United States, but does NOT protect Americans while they are abroad. Americans in foreign countries are NEVER protected by the American Constitution.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
FYI, I just spoke with one of their employees and was told that most likely no on knew the meaning of the ISIS Flag Cake.
But what really got me was being told that many times when a display freezer fails and the meats in it thaw, instead of throwing it out, they wait for the next shift and have the meats moved back to a big freezer and refreeze the meat and then put it back up for sale.

So, while all the BS over confederate flag, the Kansas City Chiefs, renaming the Jew Fish and other fish and things like Journalists mocking mass murder scenes, and all the other tripe that is of no consequence being saturated by the press and social media, we don't know that the meat is bad.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

Oh I have a feeling the bakers aren't at all caught up in current events, especially the doings in the Middle East. Meanwhile, the Confederate flag debate has been raging non stop.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Not really. You'd be surprised how uninformed most Americans really are. We live in a self centered world of distractions.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join