It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart makes ISIS cake, bans Confederate Flag cake.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: buster2010

So now you guys can see why many believe they don't deserve 15 bucks an hour.

exactly right.
maybe some life long super employees deserve that but no way 90% of them deserve that.
my opinion

if any of them deserve the long money it is the deli, bakery, prepared foods section.
thats hard work.

i cant see jane q cashier making that much though

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

So now you guys can see why many believe they don't deserve 15 bucks an hour.

Well it's either pay them 15 bucks an hour or my tax dollars has to go on supporting them. Take a wild guess which one I would go with.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Now I want cake.
I wonder;
Did he throw the cake away, or eat the jihad cake?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Well it's either pay them 15 bucks an hour or my tax dollars has to go on supporting them. Take a wild guess which one I would go with.

Them losing their job because 15 bucks an hour is more than they produce?

edit on 6/27/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Them losing their job because 15 bucks an hour is more than they produce?

Oh sure then they go on welfare and my tax keep on supporting them. Sorry but you guessed wrong.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The cake is a lie.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

So, you would rather them not lose their job because they don't produce more than $15/hour even though their employer pays them that. I didn't think so.

Not that it has anything to do with the thread.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

Did Walmart know it was an ISIS battle cake? Or did they just see the image and duplicate it? The bearded man didn't happen to mention that...

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I dunno guys and gals, you'd have to have been living under a rock for 2 years not to know what the ISIS flag looks like.

I've never seen it in my life.
edit on 6/27/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
My wife has worked at Wally World for over 20 years now.

She does not get 15 dollars an hour.

And most employees that do work at Wally World are already receiving some Welfare (think things like food stamps, etc).

So they are employed AND tax dollars are supporting them.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I fail to see your point.

So what if they "have a job" making minimum wage" and "get welfare too," most of them that's probably all they're every going to know employment-wise unless they're temp employees, which is why they deserve more than they get pay-wise (regardless of their intellectual wellbeing).

I don't know anything about your situation or your wife's position at WM, but ordinary floor employees who are full time and have nothing else, IMO, deserve a living wage, even if they get "government help."

But what do I know. That's just MO.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

My "point" was: another posted stated that if Walmart employees were to no longer be employed, that they would be supported by the poster's tax dollars.

I stated that many Walmart employees are currently employed and are already being supported by tax dollars.

My other point is: even after 20 years my wife is not earning 15 dollars and hour. Even as a department head (the highest non-degreed position you can have in one of their stores).

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
I'm going to point out the obvious and walk off.

Every american knows the confederate flag, not every american knows the isis flag, or speaks their language.

I know you really wanna be ticked off, just cause... but that very obvious thing needed to be pointed out.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe the person making the cake just assumed it was just a cake for people who read Arabic. Without knowing it was the ISIS flag, there wouldn't be any reason to not make the cake.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Aided by tax dollars, perhaps (SNAP). Is your wife?
If they were unemployed they would be supported solely by tax dollars.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
To be fair to the cake designer, head employee of that department or not perhaps they really are not up on current events. Honestly how many Americans know the ISIS flag by seeing it? Not limited to Wal Mart, as it can span people with low or higher paying employment and careers. Most Americans know what the Confederate flags looks like. And of course as of late the media and surely the store have mentioned about the no go on sales of items with the Confederate flag.

Devil's Advocate would say the ISIS flag looks pretty sketchy, but perhaps the employees were worried about offending religion, didn't want to deal with that, etc.
Also, if the Confederate flag is not allowed, possibly a posted sign in the area about cakes not allowed-marijuana?(who knows), should not that pertain to ISIS terrorists?

The bigger question is did that man indicate what the ISIS flag it was at all?
edit on 27-6-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Copy that.

Thanks for clarifying.

And if your wife is making less than $15 an hour as a dept head having been there for 20 years, that's a problem. And part of my point, too.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I dunno guys and gals, you'd have to have been living under a rock for 2 years not to know what the ISIS flag looks like.

I would bet most Americans have no idea. You could take that design to a cake maker and say your kid is into Star Trek and that it is a Klingon Cake and I bet most people would believe it and make it. Now if the guy in the video wanted to make a valid point he would show himself go into a Walmart and say hey this is the flag of the terrorist group ISIS that has been killing all those people can I have cake like this? And then if they made it he would have a case to complain. Of course I am sure he did not and just found somebody who had no clue what it was.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

It's the Cost Of Living.

I'm here in South Carolina.

Gas is $2.29 a gallon (USD). Pack of smokes is about 4.50. Ham was 1.37 the other day. You can find 2 bedroom places to rent for right around 450 to 500 a month.

Most Walmart employees here where I live start out at 9 an hour. But it's not the amount of pay (all though more would be nice).

It's the amount of hours they give you. Wally World will give you 28 hours a week and call you a full time employee. My wife has had to fight tooth and nail sometimes to make sure she's scheduled 36 to 40 hours a week sometimes.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I just bought a rebel flag t-shirt and I am going to wear it all weekend.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Nope.

According to DEHC, my wife makes too much to receive SNAP.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I would assume that your income has something to do with it as well.
In any case, your wife would seem to be neither supported nor aided by tax dollars.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join