It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phantoms real?, or maybe just a hoax.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
When my mom was about 12, she was going home from the movies with her sister and her friend. Then they were interuptted by a old lady about 86-92 years old. She then said "Can you help me across the street" in a really wierd suspicious voice so they knew somehting was wrong, so they take off running as fast as they can (they were all Gymnist, very athletic). So they run about 3 city blocks nad they turn around and they find the women a mere 6inches away! My mom knew that she had no body suit on, and old people CAN'T run over 1MPH, escpeicall at the age of 90. Anyway then the 3 just went into a local sotre and the lady vanished?
Is it possible this person (i use the term very loosely) could of been a unknown species..
if your want rteply with your htoughts.

[edit on 26-12-2004 by Transmission Deployment]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
More than likely this was a ghost, someone who wasn't aware they passed on...

Either that or a dimensional shift...

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
that story reminds me of the road ghost stories, maybe there's some connection.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ah yes, the old hitchhiker urban legend... Oddly enough, it's almost impossible to find a FIRST HAND account of such a tale, it's ALWAYS someone else who had the encounter, never the storyteller themselves... Usually, this legend includes an article of clothing left by the "ghost".

While a believer in paranormal phenomenon, and ghosts, such stories rarely seem to pan out into anything...

The entity you described, if a true tale, is a "ghost", as it was able to interact with the living. A "phantom" would not have been aware of their presence.

Another possibility is that the old woman had a twin sister who lived nearby, and upon seeing her, your mom and her friends about had a heart attack themselves, hehe...

Interesting idea on the species bit...reminds me of the show "Prey", if you've never seen it. The basic premise is that there is a newly evolved species of human, that is faster, smarter, and tougher than the norm....and that the new species is rapidly trying to kill off the older one.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
More than likely this was a ghost, someone who wasn't aware they passed on...

Either that or a dimensional shift...

What's a dimensional shift?

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
A rip in time/space, that may allow one a glimpse of another time/place or some speculate, even dimensions.

One of the reasons the term "the fabric of space/time" is used, is because like fabric, it is believed that it can be streched, warped, and sometimes perhaps rip and tear, etc.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   

it's almost impossible to find a FIRST HAND account of such a tale, it's ALWAYS someone else who had the encounter, never the storyteller themselves... Usually, this legend includes an article of clothing left by the "ghost".

You are wrong, it's not an urban legend, it's happened all over the world, and I've heard some very convincing first hand accounts, I've never heard about the ghost leaving some clothing behind, I think that part is a myth, what I've heard is on one occasion that was raining, after the ghost vanished the seat where it was sitting was wet.

[edit on 29/12/2004 by OniShiro]

new topics

top topics

join