It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does time dictate free will 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hello, so Im not used to this site I guess and stumbled onto my profile and found the few threads I started. This thread is pretty much a revisit for myself as much as it is also an interesting question to look into.

This is the thread I started

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here are other threads that reminded me of this question.

And if you don't decide to checkout the link to my thread, this is the question asked.

If time does exist as a dimension wouldn't that mean that probability wouldn't be accountable anymore and thus rendering uncertainty, certain? In turn, making free will, an illusion and time travel pointless.

I did get interesting replies and id have to admit some were above me. Most answers were understood and some to a degree, Ill also add that Im barely understanding the theory of relativity and its implications.

This thread is from last year and still had me pondering, So ATS let me know what you think. Im ALWAYS open to learning more so ill be here waiting.

thanks again for reading
edit on 27-6-2015 by amsterdamn87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87

The future cannot be predicted with absolute certainty - remember that Heisenberg's Uncertainty still applies to the content of any universes, regardless of their position in Time. Thus, even in the event of time travel, free will does exist, because nothing can ever exactly repeat itself twice.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Free Will 2, is that a movie?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Not only is random hardwired into the structure of the universe, there are hypotheses that there are an infinite number of parallel universes which "split off" when a "choice" is made between multiple things. I have meditated on it, and in my mind it looks kind of like a tree, if a tree went on forever in a spiral and was made out of a cosmic film strip with the entirety of space and time contained in each frame. Sort of. And that's not really doing it justice. The choices we make decide which time"line" we get to coast along.

Any implications for time travel... well, I suppose that depends on how time travel works, doesn't it?

Anyway, I'm crazy as hell and not a scientist yet. Just my thoughts.
edit on 27-6-2015 by Phototropic because: ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phototropic

Ive read on some of those, isn't that string theory? And the whole chaos thing, I would like to believe even chaos has some type of guidelines, for an example, I would say an explosion would be something of this sort. And im right there with you, not being a scientist and all .

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: frostjon361

no....no, I believe your missing a letter.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

This is a phenomena, but what about deja vu?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

This is a phenomena, but what about deja vu?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I believe deja vu is normally explained as a phenomenon born from the brain. As a man who is VERY familiar with deja vu, I can confirm that it has probably nothing to do with time travel.

I know what you mean - that if a subject returns back in time without realizing it, then it could be possible that he/she remembers the history he/she already lived. But I have a counter-argument: if this was truly the case, the subject should always (as opposed to occasionally, as is the case) experience deaj-vu, since he/she lived always (as opposed to occasionally) during that precedent history.

new topics

top topics

join