It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage ruling has Twitter users saying they’re ‘moving to Canada’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

Timberwolves too, I hear.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Quite a few bears too

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: mc_squared

Not only did we legalize same-sex marriage but it was done by a majority decision of the Canadian government. No referendum, no challenge to the supreme court, just a vote where we decided this was what was best for Canadians.

You can't do that in the US. The whole system is designed to prevent it. We have too many states, and too many conflicting viewpoints. Plus, this wasn't supported by the majority of voters, when they had their votes they voted for bans. That's where you see the good in our system though, there's checks in place to preserve the rights of the minorities. Since our population is too self absorbed to do it.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mc_squared

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Anyway, I heard that the beer doesn't taste like weak snakes-piss in Canada either - another good reason to head north.

This is true. We have much more manly beer here.

But we also support girly beer, dark beer, blonde, pale ale, etc...whatever floats everyone's boat!

Try Anis Mico

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

And only someone ignorant of the craft beer scene in the US would use Budweiser as their example. While Bud is the most sold beer from the US it is hardly indicative of what we have to offer. American soil and climate, especially in the Pacific Northwest, are perfect for growing hops. Plus we're not hemmed in by silly things like purity laws. Do yourself a favor. Try something even as basic as a Dogfish Head 90 Minute and tell me American beer is #.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: babybunnies

And only someone ignorant of the craft beer scene in the US would use Budweiser as their example. Whilte Bud is the most sold beer from the US it is hardly indicative of what we have to offer. American soil and climate, especially in the Pacific Northwest, are perfect for growing hops. Plus we're not hemmed in by silly things like purity laws. Do yourself a favor. Try something even as basic as a Dogfish Head 90 Minute and tell me American beer is #.

Sorry, I just feel into the craft beer commentary and quite naturally felt drawn in. Northern Vermont is now the "Nappa Valley" of beer. There are breweries everywhere, brewing some awesome beer and ales. I love Dogfish Head too, you are right the 90, 60 or 120 minute IPA's are spectacular. PEACE
edit on 28-6-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: Typo

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

For a segment of the truly hardcore, amti-American, anti-freedom types, who prefer a dictatorship that's a blend of North Korean government mixed with a false-Christian version of Sharia Law, this last straw is just too much for them to bear.

I think they take it as, "If one more freedom is being granted in the US, I'll go anywhere else to protest, and Canada is close."

These are the same types who vehemently supported the patriot acts, because they are enemies of freedom.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
...and in a week or two, it'll die down. Just like most of the "outrage" we see these days. It should die down...'cause it's just about as stupid as it gets.

Just another instance of "You should be outraged about this!!", so people are, until some of them begin to actually think...and that happens more often then it might appear.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

And only someone ignorant of the craft beer scene in the US would use Budweiser as their example. While Bud is the most sold beer from the US it is hardly indicative of what we have to offer. American soil and climate, especially in the Pacific Northwest, are perfect for growing hops. Plus we're not hemmed in by silly things like purity laws. Do yourself a favor. Try something even as basic as a Dogfish Head 90 Minute and tell me American beer is #.

It's nice to see someone who understands the truth about American beer instead of hearing the typical America hating nonsense, which now apparently includes suds too.

Yes Canada has very good beer, their medieval blond ales are to die for, but here in the state's there are hundreds of micro brewing companies that make the best beers in the World.

Unfortunately some folks who are ignorant about the facts will continue to pass wind through their mouths. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
What is painfully ironic is that many of these super religious conservative types would find the social and legal systems and cultures of places like Afghanistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, ect much more to their liking and views on what a properly run world looks like. Think about it. In those countries, they are nations "Under God", Where progressives, feminists, homosexuals, communists, hippies, environmentalists, and scientists are either executed, imprisoned,persecuted, suppressed, or kicked out. Men wear the pants and women are either property or of limited social/economic value. In these places abortion is punishable by prison or death, and things like Planned Parenthood get torched before they open. No taxes, no government welfare programs, druggies get executed, no socialized medicine, religion trumps science always when applicable, wealth and power are highly revered above all, no EPA, you can do whatever the hell you want to your land, neighbors and the planet be damned.

The differences are really superficial, even in their religions. Why don't they all move over there, where gay marriage will never be a problem?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Who says Canada wants them? I mean surely US citizens have to go through Canadian immigration?
edit on 29-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

a reply to: Sublimecraft

American beer is the arguably the best in the world. .

You lost me right there.

With the exception of sierra Nevada your piss tastes like piss.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out. Good riddance to bad rubbish I say.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Nah nah nah nah
Nah nah nah nah
Hey hey hey
Goodbye!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Sierra Nevada is just the tip of the iceberg. They're either the #2 or #3 largest microbrewery in the country. Sam Adams being #1. With the exception of some seasonals I don't even find Sierra Nevada to be that great. I haven't had an IPA from outside the US that compares to a US IPA. Guinness is terrible in comparison to something like Founder's Breakfast Stout. Wheat beers aren't really in my style but I prefer the hoppier Anerican variety to its German counterpart. If your opinion of US beer is based only on our adjuncts than you're missing out on everything. It would be like judging Canadian beer just on Labatt's even though they have awesome breweries like Unibroue.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yes Canadians love their Igloos and Beer, that is beer that doesn't taste like piss. There are gay bi-polar bears too but the inuit hunt and kill those. Cheers.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Honestly as a ex award winning CAMRA pub of the year winner two years running I can say the whole of the northern Americas have started in the last 15 years or so making some really good Ales, They have taken to making many types of good brewed beer.
They grow some amazing hops like the Cascade hop, grown in the Yakima Valley in Washington State, USA, which makes a wonderful hoppy flowery light beer.
Some brewers in the UK use the hop to great effect Roosters for example.
But to claim they have the best beer? a close second maybe because of purity laws in places like Belgium etc (great beers but they have not got the varitey of tastes in different types of beer we make).
We have been brewing since time began in this kingdom we will always make the best

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

of course the ` big question ` :

did any canadian wingnut threaten to " move to the USA " if the statute was ratified

and of course - if so - what are they going to do now

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
And everyone went into slumber and sang 80s songs pretending not to hear as the liberal beasts stuck their fingers in their ears to the tune of lalalalalalala we can't hear you... typical

edit on 6/29/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Love that song!!

If they don't want to move to Canada i'm sure Ireland is a good alternative

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join