It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flags, Symbols, and the power we give them

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

Now what I find ridiculous is besides what certain states have done also companies like Amazon and such 'banning' the sales of related merchandise with a flag on them.
You have a problem with people, states, and companies expressing their rights?

edit on 6/27/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: athousandlives

would you like to explain that part, why is that why we are here?

That was part that I didn't know a word for. Why is a misleading word to explain my viewpoint. How is wrong. Why could mean we are experiencing subject object relationships on purpose.. Subjectivity. I was going for, we are Still experiencing subjectivity, because of all the symbols. Sort of "have no idols" type of thing until we don't want to anymore.

The drive to survive, will ensure humans and subjectivity for a Long time, I think..

I don't like groups in general, so flags don't mean much to me, except that they mean much to other people and I am a people, so it all matters.

Reverbs is the only flag I want to identify with on ATS. Want to.. I am not on a horse, less even a high one.

edit on 27-6-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

As I said to someone else, I just get overwhelmed by all the nonsense that surrounds this, hum nonsense.
And somehow, I highly doubt this is just about expressing rights. I can't help but feel there is pressure from other sources to take such actions. By that I mean not just due to racial tension, but rather using racial tension.
But I am no more in the know than anyone else, this is why Im discussing on ATS.
Venting and trying to find out other people's reactions.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

As I said to someone else, I just get overwhelmed by all the nonsense that surrounds this, hum nonsense.
Nonsense to you, perhaps. Not so much to others, it would seem. Others who have changed their position in light of recent events which seem to indicate that "symbols" are not meaningless.

In any case, there is no ban on Confederate flags. But indeed, a change in perception of what it means to some and what it means (and has meant) to many.

edit on 6/27/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013
It gives me great joy to read your post. I agree with your post and will like to add this quote
NOTHING in all the world is more dangerous than  sincere ignorance and conscious stupidity . - Martin Luther King, Jr.
and thats is what racial supremacy ideology has always been : a group of sincerely ignorant ppl beign fed garbage by a smaller group of consciously stupid folks who know better but wont stop spewing missinformation and hatred.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

You have been told that you are a racist and your answer is that he is ignorant. I was hoping you were going to say you are not a racist. I guess you need to read carefully what he is trying to tell you . Your rebutal doesnt even follow what he is trying to explain , please try again. This time try to understand his post. Is not that hard.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
There might be a misunderstanding somewhere , if its come down to this.
I hate having to explain myself like this.
No I'm not a racist, I try to see past all that racism issue.
The constant going back to what has kept humans divided, sectioned, labeled and the refusal to let go of the past is why we are failing to truly evolve as a species.
Maybe I focused too much on this flag issue, when really I feel the same way about everything else that is constantly riling people these days, be it Islamic extremists vs the west, religion vs atheism, the lgbt marriage 'issue', gun rights, politics, liberalism vs conservatives, left vs right, the European migrant crisis, Greece vs the banks vs Europe, money, the 1% vs the rest of us, the list goes on.
the constant us vs them.
Take your pick, it seems no matter where you stand, you are forced to have an enemy somewhere.
That truly is my point.

a reply to: anarkyangel

top topics

<< 1   >>

join