It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality Is Not A Choice

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bucsarg
Homosexuality Is not a mental illness. It's a brain structure issue.
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

And interesting note: with the discovery of neuroplasticity, we now know that behavior can change brain structure so were are left with the "chicken vs egg" dilemma when discussing brain structure.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
the title makes me only think of one thing

if you don't have a choice and something is forced on you what ever your orientation

that sounds like a crime to me

is just a comment to the title nothing else
edit on 27-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am bisexual and I believe it IS a natural thing. Maybe it's natures way of slowing down reproduction. Who knows. All I know, is I was into girls when I was in kindergarten. I was also in a 3 year relationship with a woman. Unfortunately it didn't last. But that doesn't mean I would never be with another woman. I am just as attracted to women as I am to men.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bucsarg
In order for the human species to survive we must be able to produce offspring. This is natural....

Homosexuality is not natural because homosexuals cannot produce offspring. However, homosexuality is global and is common.

I have no issue nor am bothered by homosexuality.

Scientists may have determined the cause of homosexuality. I have included a link to the article for those who are interested reading the scientists findings.

Link

The flu is global too, and scientists also have research on what causes it.

edit on 27-6-2015 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I don't know.
a reply to: ugmold

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Not necessarily....sorry I just learned the new term
& I bloody cannot remember it...it is for people that
are not gay nor bi-sexual. The attraction is based on
each individual not whether they are male or female...
it's like we are all light beings & are the same without
the "body containers"...so there is no male or female
attachment...just loving someone for who they are.

I hope that made some sense, sorry I forgot the term
I think it starts with a P....me bloody ADHD...

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
a reply to: kaylaluv

Not necessarily....sorry I just learned the new term
& I bloody cannot remember it...it is for people that
are not gay nor bi-sexual. The attraction is based on
each individual not whether they are male or female...
it's like we are all light beings & are the same without
the "body containers"...so there is no male or female
attachment...just loving someone for who they are.

I hope that made some sense, sorry I forgot the term
I think it starts with a P....me bloody ADHD...

Cheers
Ektar

Pan-sexual is what I think you are thinking about.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Homosexuality Is Not A Choice

Is it a sexual preference? If so, I really just don't care-I'm rather bored with the subject, and don't care what a persons sexual preference is.

It is what it is, nothing more & nothing less.
No need to have a parade.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bucsarg

so who cares?
natural? unnatural?

i say as long as theyre happy thats all that matters.

i always thought that the 'its not natural cause they cant procreate' was always a lame ass argument against it.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Animals also show signs of homosexuality, so yes its natural.

So killing each other is also natural and should be legal?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The reasoning in the OP is very freaking weak. I never understood how someone could make such ridiculous conclusions. We don't all have to have the same life strategies for the species to go on. Variation actually leads to stronger groups that have increased rates of survival. You need to graduate your logic past the 3rd grade level. You hear people making very basic claims towards something that is much more complex and wonder... do they really not see their err?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly
a reply to: bucsarg

so who cares?
natural? unnatural?

i say as long as theyre happy thats all that matters.

i always thought that the 'its not natural cause they cant procreate' was always a lame ass argument against it.

Not from an evolutionary biology standpoint, it isn't. However, that is not what we should base our laws on.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
your opinion is enlightening

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Like the X-Men there is nothing to cure.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
i just want to say everyone who posts in this thread is bringing the collective i.q. of our species down.

this includes me for taking the bait

because its very easy but everyone who has posted is to simple to grasp it
edit on pm620153004America/ChicagoSat, 27 Jun 2015 16:40:54 -0500_6000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

could be perfectly natural.

could be natures way of population control.
maybe not

homosexuals can have kids. happens all the time so i think that argument is weak.
there are heterosexuals out there that are sterile/barren.
is that natural?
its just something that happens.

there are gay guys out there that are married and have kids. many reasons for that.

keeping up appearances is just one.

not every single human alive can procreate, nor do they want to.
humanity is populating just fine

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: Metallicus

Sexual deviant, how low can one go.

It is by definition a sexual deviance in that it differs from the norm. Look it up if you don't believe me. You are so worried about words why not focus on the potential for a cure. This is good news.

The people whom define disorders have agreed that it is not a disorder. You can look it up.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but that's just nonsense. If you're thinking of a species as being a guy and a girl isolated from the rest of their species, it makes sense. There's not just a guy and a girl. There's a species. It makes perfect sense for our species, and many, many more. Just give it up.

Seriously, think it through. Think how from an evolutionary perspective, being gay would benefit the group. If you can't come up with a single reason, I feel sorry for you, and definitely won't bother to enlighten you.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Why is this such a difficult concept to overcome?

Homosexuality is 100% NATURAL and is a biological trait of an individual just like heterosexuality is.

I can list thousands of species that actively have Homosexual relationships, encounters, life-long mates, and in some cases the species is exclusively one gender (not Asexual, but literally one gender).

How can anyone really argue that Homosexuality is not natural? There are physiological and biological differences between a heterosexual individual and a homosexual individual of the same gender, yet when a heterosexual individual and a homosexual individual of the opposite gender are compared we see a plethora of neurological similarities. How can this be if it was not a naturally occurring phenomena?

If anyone would like the evidence for anything I've just stated, please go ahead and ask for it. I doubt you would be willing to do the same for us with your position.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

I'm sorry, but that's just nonsense. If you're thinking of a species as being a guy and a girl isolated from the rest of their species, it makes sense. There's not just a guy and a girl. There's a species. It makes perfect sense for our species, and many, many more. Just give it up.

Seriously, think it through. Think how from an evolutionary perspective, being gay would benefit the group. If you can't come up with a single reason, I feel sorry for you, and definitely won't bother to enlighten you.

I didn't say anything anti-gay so don't start down that road please.

All I said is evolutionary biology favors those traits that increase the chance of your DNA being passed along.

How, from an evolutionary perspective, does being gay benefit the group? How does that ensure an evolutionary advantage?

Oh, and saying "there is a million reasons but I won't tell you" is nonsense. If you have a valid point, present it. Saying "I won't enlighten you" is the bastion of someone without a valid point.
edit on 27-6-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join