It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality Is Not A Choice

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: Seamrog

Who the hell would want to love a god that makes some people "faulty" and then blames them for it?

Talk about abusive parenting!

God made us perfectly,

...except for those he made with innate "sinful" sexualties.

but gave us the free will to screw it up at our own pleasure.

Easy for you to say when your most primal instinct hasn't been flipped around.

And we did screw it up, and continue to screw it up on an exponentially increasing scale.

Making excuses for the abusive father. Daddy issues, much?

We have been given the roadmap to peace, prosperity and happiness in this life and it is mocked and derided.

God's roadmap to peace: "screw it, I'm indiscriminately killing everyone here, here and here!"

Despite this, we are offered forgiveness, freely given and invited back home.

Unless you happen to be one of those with a "manufacturing defect", in which case, f!ck you!

Sounds like petulant teenagers thinking they have all the answers.

Says you, nodding sagely as you comfort yourself with another tall tale from your book of myths.

Funny how people pick and choose the bits from the OT that align with their bigoted views and ignore the other ridiculous bits about wearing mixed threads, killing unruly children, adulterers, child sacrifice and the like. Oh, those aren't relevant today but the bit about the gays totally is because.... bigotry.
edit on 2-7-2015 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

How much happier all the homosexuals have become since faux marriage was imposed upon us!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Imposed? Why, have you been forced to marry someone of your own sex?
edit on 2-7-2015 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You seem like an angry, bitter man - that is regretful,

Au contraire - I am far from being bitter.....I do get angry every now and then at all sorts of different things, pretty much the same as everyone.
But I think you've misread me somewhat.

Certainly you would admit that you have done, or not done things that have wounded yourself and other people.

Without a doubt....possibly more than most.
But I've pretty much come to terms with that and tend not to waste too much time beating myself up over the numerous screw up's I've made - I much prefer to take stock, learn from them and move on in a positive manner.
Self-flagellation holds absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever.

It is also so with sin, and how it has wounded the race of men.

Who decides just what constitutes 'sin'?
You see many would have us believe that homosexuality is an affront to 'God' and therefore a sin.
Personally I don't see it that way - I honestly don't care what two consenting adults get up to in the privacy of their own home etc, there are far more important things in this world to be concerned about.
Who am I or you to pass judgement on them?
Surely that is the sole preserve of your God come Judgement Day....or are 'we' as men equally qualified to pass judgement?
I for one certainly don't see it that way.

Babies born with terrible birth defects, children who suffer tremendous pain and isolation and anguish? I can't answer that - I honestly don't know. I wish I did.

Homosexuals are not the only ones who have to deny and suppress sexual urges.

But the priests, nuns etc that you mention make a voluntary vow of celibacy in the belief that this will enable them to be closer to God.
Homosexuals don't want that, they just want to be the same as you and I and get on with their lives in whatever way they see fit....the only difference being their preferred choice of sexual and life partner.
Please explain where the harm is in that?

You are more than your penis. You are a human being that happens to have a penis. Perhaps you are so miserable because you keep looking down at it,

Ha ha, not at all my friend.
Its because I'm not obsessed with my penis or sex that I'm perfectly comfortable with the choices I have made, my sexuality and also that of others.
Oh, and I'm far from being miserable....no Catholic self-guilt and loathing here.

...... and not at the beauty of the world around you.

Oh, I see the beauty alright....the beauty in everything, including in two people finding a little bit of love and comfort.
Yet we can't ignore all the hatred in the world, including the bitterness and spitefulness of people who would deny other people the chance for some love and comfort simply for being different to 'the norm'.....there's hardly any beauty in that is there?

Your choice to acknowledge only one side of the ministry of Jesus in the New Testament says a little about where you are spiritually.

Its not a question of acknowledgement.
The New Testament is about the life of Jesus - the Son of God, sent to earth to help redeem mankind etc.
A book of a caring, compassionate God.

The Old Testament is about a complete a completely different God.
A vengeful, spiteful God who both mentally and physically tortured people.
A God who demanded blind and total acceptance and subjugation......barely distinguishable from Allah in Islamic teachings.

There's a very basic contradiction between the two.

As for where I'm at spiritually?
I am very much Agnostic.....a discussion perhaps for another thread on another day as I fear we may be drifting somewhat off topic.

You're looking for that loving acceptance, but you don't want the difficult part about changing the parts of you that need changing to get there. Regardless, you are loved exactly where you are, and even though you say you want 'no part' of the Kingdom of Heaven, the fact that you are here in these threads indicates exactly the opposite. Jesus spoke of Hell more than anyone else in the bible, and I suspect he meant what he said.

Again, I think you misread me - I'm here because it completely baffles me that so many people have such passionate dislike for other people simply because of who they are sexually attracted to.
Surely you acknowledge that when one looks at all the evil and social injustice in the world matters relating to sexual orientation are really quite trivial.

ETA

I make no apologies for not having the blind faith you appear to have.

The choices I have made in this life, good, bad or indifferent, are just that - my choices - I don't blame or praise anything or anyone else.
No God, no devil - my choices.

Does that include my sexuality? - I don't know and don't care......there's far more important things to be concerned about.

edit on 2/7/15 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

i'm glad yo're not trying to impose your god on us though, that would be hypocritical to think

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

How much happier all the homosexuals have become since faux marriage was imposed upon us!

Gay marriage was not forced on you. If gay marriage is against your religious belief, you are free not to go to one or have one.

What you said makes as much sense as a Jewish/Muslim person complaining that other people eating pork is forcing it on them. No.

Trying to stop gay marriage or the eating of pork is not respecting other people's Freedom of Religion.
edit on 3-7-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Marriage is between a man and a woman to ensure the legitimacy of child bearing before the eyes of god and the state.
otherwise we would have a world full of undocumented lil bastards running around causing chaos and messing with the tax collectors

Therefor gay marriage has no legitimacy due to no spousal procreated children...Except for tax collection purposes

edit on
edit on 3-7-2015 by SPECULUM because: of barny
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Just your opinion.
You can bleat all you want tbh the USA have passed the new laws on marriage as well as many other countrys.
Gay people can get married
no matter what you say so ha ha ha ha you are wrong.
How is the 1950s btw?.

Oh and come out dude come out of your closet.

www.livescience.com...
edit on 3-7-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Just your opinion.
You can bleat all you want tbh the USA have passed the new laws on marriage as well as many other countrys.
Gay people can get married
no matter what you say so ha ha ha ha you are wrong.
How is the 1950s btw?.

Oh and come out dude come out of your closet.

www.livescience.com...

Marriage is in the process of being abolished in the USA, so HAHAHAHAHA

Oh, i'm not a homophobe. I just don't like Homosexuals/men touching me or coming on to me. It brings out a Psychotic reaction from within, i prefer not to express

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

As I said in the closet.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

As I said in the closet.

Standing on your neck and jerking your arms out of the sockets makes me gay?

Ok, i'm Psychotically gay..Wanna date?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Oh.. that got weird rather quick.

so you base your entire argument on God right, because Marriage does have legitimacy for us now

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: JackReyes
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yes I know the difference between orientation, and the act.

A homosexual can perhaps never engage in sex and thus keep himself clean in God's eyes.

Others can disregard God's command on sex.

Just as a person propense to violence can refrain from violence. Or can decide that violence is a way of life.

There is a difference between being pro-pence to being violent, and being violent.

Just as their is a difference to an orientation toward being homosexual and actually committing homosexual acts.

It is not that I don't know the difference, it is that you don't know.

That's messed up in my mind. So some "God" created gay people, but doesn't want them to really be gay? Is he testing them? That seems like a really cruel "test".

That's messed up to me that a creator would create beings that have to deny their biological nature in order to earn his approval.

That's not a God I want to have anything to do with.

No. Just as he didn't directly create all of the babies born with defects.

God created man and woman perfect. The imperfection is our own. When they decided to sin. And that sin has been passed on to all mankind.

There is no way that a perfect human would be born with homosexual tendencies. Although, in imperfection that can happen. Just as people can be born with violent attitudes, and others that are just wrong.

God understands everyone, and is merciful.

The point is this. You, even in your imperfect condition, can choose to do what is pleasing and right in God's eyes.

Your hatred of God is misdirected. You need to look within. Because he is much more merciful and loving than you can ever imagine. And to even suggest that you don't want to know him, means, either, you are cold, and wicked, or you have no idea who he is, or perhaps, both.
edit on 3-7-2015 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Biggest problem with humans is that they forget that they are part of nature, however, still think that they can control it.

Nature always wins, silly rabbit.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

A homosexual can perhaps never engage in sex and thus keep himself clean in God's eyes.

Just as a person propense to violence can refrain from violence. Or can decide that violence is a way of life.

There is a difference between being pro-pence to being violent, and being violent.

Just as their is a difference to an orientation toward being homosexual and actually committing homosexual acts.

That's messed up in my mind. So some "God" created gay people, but doesn't want them to really be gay? Is he testing them? That seems like a really cruel "test".

That's messed up to me that a creator would create beings that have to deny their biological nature in order to earn his approval.

God created man and woman perfect. The imperfection is our own. When they decided to sin. And that sin has been passed on to all mankind.

There is no way that a perfect human would be born with homosexual tendencies. Although, in imperfection that can happen. Just as people can be born with violent attitudes, and others that are just wrong.

The point is this. You, even in your imperfect condition, can choose to do what is pleasing and right in God's eyes.

Your hatred of God is misdirected. You need to look within. Because he is much more merciful and loving than you can ever imagine. And to even suggest that you don't want to know him, means, either, you are cold, and wicked, or you have no idea who he is, or perhaps, both.

Your belief system is quite simply out of touch with the simple and quite natural forces of nature. As such you are the one that is out of touch on and anywhere near this matter.
edit on 3-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: Fat thumbs or the change to single malt...

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
Marriage is between a man and a woman to ensure the legitimacy of child bearing before the eyes of god and the state.
otherwise we would have a world full of undocumented lil bastards running around causing chaos and messing with the tax collectors

Therefor gay marriage has no legitimacy due to no spousal procreated children...Except for tax collection purposes

edit on

Prehistoric avatar with a long toothy snout (named Speculum), in an anxious mood and living in our conscience.

I charge for this type of profiling and it may not be PC.
edit on 3-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

Your belief system is quite simply out of touch with the simple and quite natural forces of nature. As such you are the one that is out of touch on and anywhere near this matter.

No, indeed. But nature listened to Jesus when he told it to hush. He commanded nature. He just touched those whom he wanted too. which were all that came to him, and they were healed of their illnesses.

And when a paralytic once was brought to him, he said, "I forgive you of our sins." And the religious leaders scoffed at him, and told him he had no power over sin, and yet he said, "What is easier? To say, you are forgiven of your sins, or pick up this cot and walk?!" At that the paralytic picked up his cot and walked out.

He has power over the elements, nature, and over sin.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

No, indeed. But nature listened to Jesus when he told it to hush. He commanded nature. He just touched those whom he wanted too. which were all that came to him, and they were healed of their illnesses.

And when a paralytic once was brought to him, he said, "I forgive you of our sins." And the religious leaders scoffed at him, and told him he had no power over sin, and yet he said, "What is easier? To say, you are forgiven of your sins, or pick up this cot and walk?!" At that the paralytic picked up his cot and walked out.

He has power over the elements, nature, and over sin.

You win -
--Kirk Out.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
Marriage is in the process of being abolished in the USA, so HAHAHAHAHA

Keep the laughs coming, dear.

Oh, i'm not a homophobe. I just don't like Homosexuals/men touching me or coming on to me. It brings out a Psychotic reaction from within, i prefer not to express

Why, worried it might spark something you've pushed deep into your subconscious? An irrational fear of homosexuals is literally the definition of homophobia. But then again, logic does not appear to be your strong suit.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Nature always wins, silly rabbit.

No. Love always wins because God is Love, and not everything in nature is loving, therefore not everything in nature is of God (for example, cannibalism, wars, hatred, bigotry, etc.) but if nature/the world is your "god" you have Fredom of Religion to worship it.
edit on 3-7-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join